PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2009, 03:50 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Donatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Donatom3 Send a message via MSN to Donatom3 Send a message via Yahoo to Donatom3
Re: [ Jan 3 \ OS 5.2.21109 v4.0 Preview ] Calkulin's Kitchen v1.3, ROMs & Cabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drybonz View Post
Read the discussion above. Are you using the included manila or the re-worked engine posted after the 4.0 preview went up?
Btw i'm still having problems after using the re-worked manila engine. It only worked for me on that one rom build. I must have left something else out that's causing it.
Old 01-05-2009, 04:24 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatom3 View Post
Btw i'm still having problems after using the re-worked manila engine. It only worked for me on that one rom build. I must have left something else out that's causing it.
Woot! Finally got all my customizations to work with the re-worked modularized manila engine! Turns out I just had to clear a reg file out of my Sashimi autoload after my previous flash. So I am good to go.

What problems are you still having Donatom?

*edit* Now that I have everything straightened out and have had a chance to start testing this rom, I can say that I am very happy that I decided to upgrade from 20940. Performance improvements are very noticeable. YouTube working and looks great. I will try to comment more later but now I'm gonna go play for a while.

Last edited by Drybonz; 01-05-2009 at 04:50 AM.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

kill_dano is just getting started

No one seems concerned that activesync is broken.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: CDMA Diamond

Sailrace is keeping up the good workSailrace is keeping up the good work

My activesync isn't broken? What isn't working for you?

So is there any conclusion as to what makes youtube work or not work? Should i try the 3D drivers instead of Omnia, or reflash with the new modularized Manila?

The ROM itself is working brilliantly after heavy testing over the weekend. Very pleaed with 4.0
Old 01-05-2009, 11:32 AM
Almost a VIP

Donatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Donatom3 Send a message via MSN to Donatom3 Send a message via Yahoo to Donatom3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kill_dano View Post
No one seems concerned that activesync is broken.
Dano I read your problem earlier. Here is how to fix it. Open up active sync go to options, then uncheck the box that's above the usb pull down menu then recheck it. That solved it for me after every hard reset.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:33 AM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drybonz View Post
Woot! Finally got all my customizations to work with the re-worked modularized manila engine! Turns out I just had to clear a reg file out of my Sashimi autoload after my previous flash. So I am good to go.

What problems are you still having Donatom?

*edit* Now that I have everything straightened out and have had a chance to start testing this rom, I can say that I am very happy that I decided to upgrade from 20940. Performance improvements are very noticeable. YouTube working and looks great. I will try to comment more later but now I'm gonna go play for a while.
Drybonz which skins are you using for manilla? Right now I'm running the modularized engine from post 985 that calcu uploaded but still no luck. I'm not using any landscape skin, only the Neon portrait skin with Sprint digital clock.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:39 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond

sandsage is becoming a great contributor

Landscape Manila - Sprint
Black Flip Clock
D3D - OEM CDMA

Manila Engine Calcu Posted last night.

Everything (so far) seems to be working, including Youtube.
Old 01-05-2009, 01:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Threadstarter

Calkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation level

Just an FYI to everyone, YouTube is a very picky program, it depends on a lot of things you don't think has anything to with but if you don't install it or even change the dll to a module, it will not work, trust me, I've did like 20 or so flashes, trying to figure out what it depends on and it's a lot, like TouchFlo, etc.

Also, I just noticed this yesterday but for those having issues with the phone doing hard resets when soft resetting, corrupt menus/programs, etc are you using the Inbox Menu Extensiblity that I removed from the last kitchen? Because I have not had that issue since removing it from my builds and yesterday, I decided to try it again and as soon as I cooked it in, within 5 mins, the whole OS was shot, corrupt menus, etc but then I flashed again without it and no problems again. So my advice is to NOT use it(cab could be a different story)

EDIT: Before anyone ask or says anything, 21109 is suppose to be a hex'd version and I did manage to get 21009 which is suppose to be a true build but after testing it, I am going to stay with 21109 as 21009 is slower in everyway I could tell and has some GUI & other problems I saw, so I'm not going to waste my time when 21109 runs great

Last edited by Calkulin; 01-05-2009 at 01:29 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-05-2009, 01:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Threadstarter

Calkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoO View Post
would anyone have any idea as to why my bluetooth continues to shut off randomly?? i have tried reflashing, hard resets, rebuilding the kitchen, any other ideas?

Geeserver was right in asking if you use S2U2 because it is known to do that. Also, try cooking in VoIP, sometimes that seems to fix it for some reason
Old 01-05-2009, 01:54 PM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to meatgel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calcu View Post
Also, I just noticed this yesterday but for those having issues with the phone doing hard resets when soft resetting, corrupt menus/programs, etc are you using the Inbox Menu Extensiblity that I removed from the last kitchen? Because I have not had that issue since removing it from my builds and yesterday, I decided to try it again and as soon as I cooked it in, within 5 mins, the whole OS was shot, corrupt menus, etc but then I flashed again without it and no problems again. So my advice is to NOT use it(cab could be a different story)
So, I use the inbox menu extender and was sad it was gone, so I found the cab. Loved my phone before the cab .... constant lockups after the cab.

I uninstalled it and I'm fine again.

I wonder what the deal is?

Sprint Evo 3D! ...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom