PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2009, 03:07 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Donatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Donatom3 Send a message via MSN to Donatom3 Send a message via Yahoo to Donatom3
Re: [ Jan 3 \ OS 5.2.21109 v4.0 Preview ] Calkulin's Kitchen v1.3, ROMs & Cabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calcu View Post
Just an FYI to everyone, YouTube is a very picky program, it depends on a lot of things you don't think has anything to with but if you don't install it or even change the dll to a module, it will not work, trust me, I've did like 20 or so flashes, trying to figure out what it depends on and it's a lot, like TouchFlo, etc.
You think the manila skins themselves could be the problem? I'm seeing the only thing I may be doing different than the people who got youtube to work is that I'm using g the Neon portrait skin (no landscape skin) with Sprint digital clock.
Old 01-05-2009, 03:13 PM
Lurker

hansk is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailrace View Post
My activesync isn't broken? What isn't working for you?

So is there any conclusion as to what makes youtube work or not work? Should i try the 3D drivers instead of Omnia, or reflash with the new modularized Manila?

The ROM itself is working brilliantly after heavy testing over the weekend. Very pleaed with 4.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatom3 View Post
Dano I read your problem earlier. Here is how to fix it. Open up active sync go to options, then uncheck the box that's above the usb pull down menu then recheck it. That solved it for me after every hard reset.
I don't know if Sailrace is having the same issue as mine but I too have a problem with activesync not working with exchange. I have installed correct security cert and all but it says exchange can not log me in. I have had no problem whatsoever with previous one. Any suggestion anyone? Thank you.

Edit: Oops. I have quoted wrong post. It should've been Kil_Dano's Post instead of Sailrace. Sorry for the confusion.

Last edited by hansk; 01-05-2009 at 03:20 PM. Reason: wrong quote
Old 01-05-2009, 03:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: CDMA Diamond

Sailrace is keeping up the good workSailrace is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calcu View Post
Just an FYI to everyone, YouTube is a very picky program, it depends on a lot of things you don't think has anything to with but if you don't install it or even change the dll to a module, it will not work, trust me, I've did like 20 or so flashes, trying to figure out what it depends on and it's a lot, like TouchFlo, etc.
So if i haven't done anything with the Youtube except for install it as part of the kitchen, it should work, right. It brings up the site no problem, but every time i try to click on a video, it says error, cannot play video.

I haven't done anything with the module, only selected it in BuildOS. Any thoughts.
Old 01-05-2009, 03:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: CDMA Diamond

Sailrace is keeping up the good workSailrace is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansk View Post
I don't know if Sailrace is having the same issue as mine but I too have a problem with activesync not working with exchange. I have installed correct security cert and all but it says exchange can not log me in. I have had no problem whatsoever with previous one. Any suggestion anyone? Thank you.

That's really strange. I have activesync working perfectly. I reflashed this morning with the new Manila engine, and it has synced right up and downloaded all contacts and emails without any hiccups. I'm not sure what would have caused issues for you guys.
Old 01-05-2009, 03:21 PM
Lurker

hansk is a n00b

Quote:

Edit: Oops. I have quoted wrong post. It should've been Kil_Dano's Post instead of Sailrace. Sorry for the confusion.
I am basically answering my own question. I have hard reset and everything seems fine now. Thanks!
Old 01-05-2009, 03:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Threadstarter

Calkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailrace View Post
So if i haven't done anything with the Youtube except for install it as part of the kitchen, it should work, right. It brings up the site no problem, but every time i try to click on a video, it says error, cannot play video.

I haven't done anything with the module, only selected it in BuildOS. Any thoughts.

Use the unmodulated manila because I noticed with that version of manila, it will work on and off if those files are modulated, so use the regular version & see, if the problem is still there, you are unselecting/changing something it depends on

Quote:
I am basically answering my own question. I have hard reset and everything seems fine now. Thanks!

I was about to say, all I have ever used was a exchange sync, so that's usually the first and most important thing I need working

Old 01-05-2009, 03:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

Zeddicus is becoming a great contributor

At the risk of sounding like an absolute ID10T No0b here, I've never used a kitchen before, never built my own ROM, and not sure where to begin with Calcu's kitchen. I started with build a ROM, but it said there were missing files, so I seem to be missing a step somewhere and dont know where. If I missed the instructions somewhere I apologize in advance.

Thanks for the help.

Old 01-05-2009, 03:48 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Threadstarter

Calkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeddicus View Post
At the risk of sounding like an absolute ID10T No0b here, I've never used a kitchen before, never built my own ROM, and not sure where to begin with Calcu's kitchen. I started with build a ROM, but it said there were missing files, so I seem to be missing a step somewhere and dont know where. If I missed the instructions somewhere I apologize in advance.

Thanks for the help.

Which kitchen did you download? the basic or full? You need the full, so when you have that, run the Calkulin's HTC kitchen.cmd and select build a ROM, choose the device, then protected or not and buildos will open. Make your selections and when done, press the play button. Once buildos says done, close it and the kitchen will do the rest, once the pagepool changer comes up, either change it or leave it as is and close it, then the ROM flasher will open, so then proceed to flash the ROM to your phone
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-05-2009, 03:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond, former Touch vogue

egriffin is keeping up the good workegriffin is keeping up the good workegriffin is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeddicus View Post

Thanks for the help.
I feel you, bro! see my post #1015 a couple of pages back!
Old 01-05-2009, 04:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatom3 View Post
You think the manila skins themselves could be the problem? I'm seeing the only thing I may be doing different than the people who got youtube to work is that I'm using g the Neon portrait skin (no landscape skin) with Sprint digital clock.
I use the re-worked modularized manila with a portrait only version of Telus manila. The landscape manilas cause a few customization problems for me. YouTube is working great.

Calc, 21109, is great, IMO, regardless of whether it is hex edited or no.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom