PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2009, 01:46 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

O.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ 11-10 ][ v4.2 ][ 6.5.x / 6.5 / 6.1 ] Calkulin's Visual VGA Kitchen & ROMs

Ok, I'm pretty new to building roms, but have successfully built a few on the previous kitchens. Lately, on the 4.2 I've started to get the following...

NBMerge 2.1rc2
Executing ..\TOOLS\IMGFS\NBMerge with data chunk size = 0x800 and extra chunk size = 0x8
on file OS-new.nb
Partition 0: start sector: 0x00000002, total: 0x0000003e
first used: 0x00000002, used: 0x00000001
Partition 1: start sector: 0x00000040, total: 0x00000640
first used: 0x00000040, used: 0x0000060e
Partition 2: start sector: 0x00000680, total: 0x00010280
first used: 0x00000680, used: 0x00010266
Checking OS-new.nb for bad NAND block marker
Checked 0x10900 sectors successfully!
Done.
executing NBHUtils to build nbh file...
Volume in drive C has no label.
Volume Serial Number is 28B6-7E60
Directory of C:\Documents and Settings....
Done!!!
File Not Found

Then the page pool changer pops open, but ultimately, the .nbh file is never created. Any guidance on the above is very much appreciated.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-16-2009, 02:06 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HD 2 :)
Carrier: t-mobile

vista64htc is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.a.T. View Post
Ok, I'm pretty new to building roms, but have successfully built a few on the previous kitchens. Lately, on the 4.2 I've started to get the following...

NBMerge 2.1rc2
Executing ..\TOOLS\IMGFS\NBMerge with data chunk size = 0x800 and extra chunk size = 0x8
on file OS-new.nb
Partition 0: start sector: 0x00000002, total: 0x0000003e
first used: 0x00000002, used: 0x00000001
Partition 1: start sector: 0x00000040, total: 0x00000640
first used: 0x00000040, used: 0x0000060e
Partition 2: start sector: 0x00000680, total: 0x00010280
first used: 0x00000680, used: 0x00010266
Checking OS-new.nb for bad NAND block marker
Checked 0x10900 sectors successfully!
Done.
executing NBHUtils to build nbh file...
Volume in drive C has no label.
Volume Serial Number is 28B6-7E60
Directory of C:\Documents and Settings....
Done!!!
File Not Found

Then the page pool changer pops open, but ultimately, the .nbh file is never created. Any guidance on the above is very much appreciated.
sounds like some corrupt files from a bad kitchen load, try re-downloading the 4.2 kitchen again, save it to the desktop, extract it from the desktop to the desktop, then try building the rom again. also, make sure the kitchen is set up right, such as selecting diamond under device, then the EXT build, XIP and SYS build. try cooking the rom again or worst case, use the default values to see if it works that way.

yay!!! i went from lurker to noob! never thought i would be happy about being a noob
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-16-2009, 04:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

stormygal_indy is keeping up the good workstormygal_indy is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmdunn View Post
Actually, I have been adding them post flash, but been thinking about putting them into a cab to run during customizations. I have never taken the time to learn sashimi, but I probably should. I know it's crazy, but I can make the dozen or so reg edits in just a couple of minutes.
1 vote for sashimi here. I was resistant to setting it up but now that I have I'm a huge fan. I even added the files and edits to the kitchen so I can auto-run sashimi with the flash. Admittedly, it took a little bit to get the files all configured but it works great. It handles the installs and reg keys both and an xml file I exported from Advanced Config too.
Old 11-16-2009, 09:18 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

b4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to b4u2

Ok I made my cab so the background finally shows up like I want. So I converted to oem then ran the ext package and put it in my rom. However when I flash the rom the background does not show up from my cab? Any ideas? I will attach the back ground pic and the finished cab.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Background.jpg (5.3 KB, 14 views) Click for barcode!
Attached Files
File Type: cab xdaShutdown1.0.1WithGlassWindowsSkinWVGA.cab (316.3 KB, 3 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by b4u2; 11-16-2009 at 10:12 AM.
Old 11-16-2009, 09:31 AM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4u2 View Post
Ok I made my cab so the background finally shows up like I want. So I converted to oem then ran the ext package and put it in my rom. However when I flash the rom the background does not show up from my cab? Any ideas? I will attach the back ground pic and the finished cab.
I would like to help but what background are you trying to change? Today screen? Manila background?

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!
Old 11-16-2009, 10:09 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

b4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

The background in the xdashutdown cab. If I install the cab by itself the background png shows up. When I convert the cab to put in the rom it does not show up.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:15 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
First of all, the skin you have is for wvga and not vga (480x640, resolution of our diamonds). You'll probably need to reposition the buttons in Theme.xml to get them to display correctly and make background.PNG and Background_ls.png be 480x640 and 640x480 respectively. The reason you may not be seeing it is because background.png is a fairly common name and may be getting overwritten during cooking. An easy way around this is to rename it background1.PNG and Background_ls1.png. Then change the following lines in your app.dat from:
Code:
Directory("\Program Files\xdaShutdown"):-File("background.PNG","\Windows\background.PNG")
Directory("\Program Files\xdaShutdown"):-File("Background_ls.png","\Windows\Background_ls.png")
to:
Code:
Directory("\Program Files\xdaShutdown"):-File("background.PNG","\Windows\background1.PNG")
Directory("\Program Files\xdaShutdown"):-File("Background_ls.png","\Windows\Background_ls1.png")
edit - just read your response above and i'm almost certain the file is just being overwritten. I had the same problem when I was using xdashutdown EXT. If it works as wvga and you're happy with it, don't worry about re-sizing things. I didn't realize that you've installed the cab and it worked ok.

Last edited by mwalt2; 11-16-2009 at 10:19 AM.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:32 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
First of all, the skin you have is for wvga and not vga (480x640, resolution of our diamonds). You'll probably need to reposition the buttons in Theme.xml to get them to display correctly and make background.PNG and Background_ls.png be 480x640 and 640x480 respectively. The reason you may not be seeing it is because background.png is a fairly common name and may be getting overwritten during cooking. An easy way around this is to rename it background1.PNG and Background_ls1.png. Then change the following lines in your app.dat from:
Code:
Directory("\Program Files\xdaShutdown"):-File("background.PNG","\Windows\background.PNG")
Directory("\Program Files\xdaShutdown"):-File("Background_ls.png","\Windows\Background_ls.png")
to:
Code:
Directory("\Program Files\xdaShutdown"):-File("background.PNG","\Windows\background1.PNG")
Directory("\Program Files\xdaShutdown"):-File("Background_ls.png","\Windows\Background_ls1.png")
edit - just read your response above and i'm almost certain the file is just being overwritten. I had the same problem when I was using xdashutdown EXT. If it works as wvga and you're happy with it, don't worry about re-sizing things. I didn't realize that you've installed the cab and it worked ok.

The WVGA looks fine for what I want. So in order to have it not be overwritten I need to change the app.dat? I hate to ask but where is that file? EDIT I FOUND IT.

I tried replacing the welcomehead.192.png and it does not show up either so that is probably the same problem.

Last edited by b4u2; 11-16-2009 at 10:50 AM.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:50 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
The WVGA looks fine for what I want. So in order to have it not be overwritten I need to change the app.dat? I hate to ask but where is that file?

I tried replacing the welcomehead.192.png and it does not show up either so that is probably the same problem.
app.dat is in the EXT package of xda shutdown you made. It will be in the folder with the files folder, app.dat, and app.reg if you made an EXT package from the cab. You can edit app.dat with a text editor. Search your kitchen for background.png. You might find more than 1 which would mean the renaming discussed above will work or you can exclude the other package that has background.png in it. For welcomehead, the easiest way is to just overwrite the file in \SYS\xxxx\DPI_192_RESH_480_RESV_640\COMMON\Redist_ dpi_192_resh_480_resv_640 with your new welcomehead.192.png. You could also make a folder called zTweaks and put it in your EXT folder in your kitchen. Then make a folder in zTweaks called 'files' and place welcomehead.192.png in there. This has the advantage of not having to manually overwrite the file in each new sys you use.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:48 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

I got the welcomehead.192.png to show up. I made the changes in the xdashutdown app.dat but it still did not put the background in. Do I need to leave the original background png's in there?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom