PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2009, 07:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

stormygal_indy is keeping up the good workstormygal_indy is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ 11-10 ][ v4.2 ][ 6.5.x / 6.5 / 6.1 ] Calkulin's Visual VGA Kitchen & ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by liriel View Post
I am also a big fan of Sashimi; however, I have not learned how to auto-run sashimi within the flash. Have you found any good step by step guides for setting this up?
I cook my own ROMs using Calk's kitchen and for the most part followed this info: http://www.winmo-experts.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=18 The config_operator file I modified is in the Sprint folder (since I select the Sprint pkg).

If you don't cook, you can follow that link that mwalt2 has above in his post ... there's some info there that might assist.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-16-2009, 07:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Bell Mobility

liriel is keeping up the good workliriel is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormygal_indy View Post
I cook my own ROMs using Calk's kitchen and for the most part followed this info: http://www.winmo-experts.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=18 The config_operator file I modified is in the Sprint folder (since I select the Sprint pkg).

If you don't cook, you can follow that link that mwalt2 has above in his post ... there's some info there that might assist.
I do cook my own ROMs so that link will be helpful. Thanks.
Old 11-16-2009, 07:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: sprint diamond w/ obviously stable rom 7-22
Carrier: sprint

etski is keeping up the good worketski is keeping up the good work

I usually keep my phone locked so I don't ghost dial or do other weird things while the phone is in my pocket. I often use a headset as well, especially while driving or skiing. My problem is I just noticed that the dialer on this rom has several buttons unlocked while in a call, I don't remember this on other roms. Is there any simple fix? A different dialer or a regedit to keep the phone locked when in a call?

Don't forget to hit the thanks button when something helped you!

Old 11-16-2009, 08:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC® Touch Pro™ 2 /// HTC® Evo™ 4G
Carrier: Sprint®

austintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuff

Okay, so im using calkulins visual vga kitchen, and im done adding all my stuff to my rom, now what!?!?!
"Observation of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement on Supraquantum Structures By Induction through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal of Extremely Long Wavelength (ELW) Pulse from Mode-Locked Source Array." - from Half Life 1
Old 11-16-2009, 08:45 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
Sashimi will restore your email accounts. There is a program installed with sashimi called Makisu that will make an xml for the email accounts you have on your phone. They will be restored when your run sashimi after you flash. HERE's a pretty good guide to sashimi.
Thanks mwalt! I actually just spent the last few hours messing around with sashimi and have deleted/restored a couple of email accounts with it already, but thanks for the link to the guide ... cabs are pretty self explanitory, but getting ready to see how to make reg edits and see what it can do with actual phone settings.
Old 11-16-2009, 08:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

dKwon54 is a n00b

I have a minor problem that I'm hoping someone can help with. When I open a new text message, and start typing a contact's name in the "to" field, it doesn't bring up a list of contacts like it used to. Now, I either have to know the phone number or actually hit "to" and search for a contact. I'm using the 4.2 kitchen running 6.5 and performed a hard reset after installing the new ROM. Anyone got ideas? Thanks.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond

x42384 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by dKwon54 View Post
I have a minor problem that I'm hoping someone can help with. When I open a new text message, and start typing a contact's name in the "to" field, it doesn't bring up a list of contacts like it used to. Now, I either have to know the phone number or actually hit "to" and search for a contact. I'm using the 4.2 kitchen running 6.5 and performed a hard reset after installing the new ROM. Anyone got ideas? Thanks.
This may not be of any help, but I run 6.5.1/23506 and mine works fine. I type a few letters of the contact on the "To" field, and it brings up a menu of names.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: sprint diamond w/ obviously stable rom 7-22
Carrier: sprint

etski is keeping up the good worketski is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by dKwon54 View Post
are youi using the "3d" display? If so, click on the 3d message, then hit reply, the 3d display doesn't reply properly (at least from the ms3 rom I'm using). The normal text message display replies and does everything else normally for me.
Old 11-17-2009, 01:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO FTW

o0adam0o is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by [URL="http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/member.php?u=3954"
dKwon54[/URL];1335504]I have a minor problem that I'm hoping someone can help with. When I open a new text message, and start typing a contact's name in the "to" field, it doesn't bring up a list of contacts like it used to. Now, I either have to know the phone number or actually hit "to" and search for a contact. I'm using the 4.2 kitchen running 6.5 and performed a hard reset after installing the new ROM. Anyone got ideas? Thanks.

I am having this issue also on the mightyrom... but i found a way around it...

so mine was doing the same thing as yours... but then i hit menu > add recipient then i closed it and went back to the message screen... then it started working again... weird... but at least it works!

EDIT: I actualy think it NULLKEYBOARD that is doing this

Last edited by o0adam0o; 11-17-2009 at 01:31 AM.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:54 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

b4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to b4u2

I added LockMeLite to the kitchen. When I flash the rom it kicks in right away and makes it difficult to load the rest of the rom. Is there a way to not have this kick in right away?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom