PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2009, 01:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

SOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ 11-10 ][ v4.2 ][ 6.5.x / 6.5 / 6.1 ] Calkulin's Visual VGA Kitchen & ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by etski View Post
I usually keep my phone locked so I don't ghost dial or do other weird things while the phone is in my pocket. I often use a headset as well, especially while driving or skiing. My problem is I just noticed that the dialer on this rom has several buttons unlocked while in a call, I don't remember this on other roms. Is there any simple fix? A different dialer or a regedit to keep the phone locked when in a call?
may wanna check this out - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=578847

or this - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=542482

Last edited by SOHKis; 11-17-2009 at 01:16 PM.
Old 11-17-2009, 03:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Telus

jcglendenning is a n00b

Is there a cab for the battery meter on this rom. I would like to add it to my existing build.

Thanks
Old 11-17-2009, 04:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Bell Mobility

liriel is keeping up the good workliriel is keeping up the good work

Has anyone incurred data charges while tethering using ROMs generated from the 4.1 kitchen? I am on Bell and I just received a bill for almost $300 for tethering. Apparently others are experiencing this problem as well (Telus and VZW, but not Sprint):
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=96739

I have not tethered since I upgraded to a ROM generated using the 4.2 kitchen so I am not sure if using the newest kitchen would solve the problem
Old 11-17-2009, 04:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by liriel View Post
Has anyone incurred data charges while tethering using ROMs generated from the 4.1 kitchen? I am on Bell and I just received a bill for almost $300 for tethering. Apparently others are experiencing this problem as well (Telus and VZW, but not Sprint):
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=96739

I have not tethered since I upgraded to a ROM generated using the 4.2 kitchen so I am not sure if using the newest kitchen would solve the problem
I never felt completely safe with just disabling wmodem, like Calkulin does in his kitchen. So I routinely make/add the following reg edits no matter which kitchen I cook in, or whose custom rom I flash. Indagroove always included them in his kitchen and roms. Better safe than sorry. Here you go ...

HKLM\Comm\InternetSharing (delete “extension”)

HKLM\Comm\InternetSharing\Settings
MaxCMConnectRetries = 0
ForceCellConnection = Sprint (new string value)

HKLM\Software\OEM\WModem
CheckProfile = 0 (dword)
Multi-NAI = 0 (dword)
WModemDUN = 0 (dword

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\InternetSharing
LastCellConnection = Sprint (new string value)
Old 11-17-2009, 04:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Bell

omnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuff

Quote:
Heh, I think they've caught on man.. I never used to get charges either, and I have not changed the settings yet now I do. (I'm with Bell too)..

Best option i've found is to use WMwifirouter, if you are tethering to a PC this may not help, but although a little slower, it works perfectly fine if you have wireless, and I've yet to get charged for it (just plug your phone in via USB as normal as it will drain the battery pretty fast). Bell and Rogers have really started to Push their tethering plans, and have always stated that even unlimited bandwidth does not include tethering.

Previously there were also some reg edits too (if you didnt feel safe with just removing wmodem), but they don't seem to work anymore either.
Old 11-17-2009, 05:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnicronx View Post
Heh, I think they've caught on man.. I never used to get charges either, and I have not changed the settings yet now I do. (I'm with Bell too)..

Best option i've found is to use WMwifirouter, if you are tethering to a PC this may not help, but although a little slower, it works perfectly fine if you have wireless, and I've yet to get charged for it (just plug your phone in via USB as normal as it will drain the battery pretty fast). Bell and Rogers have really started to Push their tethering plans, and have always stated that even unlimited bandwidth does not include tethering.

Previously there were also some reg edits too (if you didnt feel safe with just removing wmodem), but they don't seem to work anymore either.
At least I know its not just me on Bell. Interesting to know that you did not change any settings, yet Bell started charging you for tethering. This is different than the problem other folks are having (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=96739). What we need to do is figure out what new method they are using to detect tethering vs on device use and develop another workaround from there.

Also thanks for the tip re WMWifiRouter. Will the HTC Wifi Router software work as well?
Old 11-17-2009, 05:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Bell

omnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuff

Quote:
Also thanks for the tip re WMWifiRouter. Will the HTC Wifi Router software work as well?
Ya thats what I meant (easy app that just seems to work)

edit: hmmm that post is very interesting indeed.

Perhaps you can try their hotfix, but personally I'm not going to take the chance again.
I've looked over my contract (Although it was signed 2 years ago), and the verbage used for what is
considered 'tethering' does not in my mind include apps like htc wifirouter. Also as it is a bit slower than traditional tethering, its a lot harder to notice in the first place. One of the things they look for is higher than normal data usage (as in maximum speed), you would be hard pressed to achieve maximum speeds by using any app on your phone, as most of the time the processor is the bottleneck.

Last edited by omnicronx; 11-17-2009 at 05:18 PM.
Old 11-17-2009, 05:23 PM
VIP Member

SOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcglendenning View Post
Is there a cab for the battery meter on this rom. I would like to add it to my existing build.

Thanks
search is your friend - http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...24&postcount=7
Old 11-17-2009, 05:26 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by liriel View Post
At least I know its not just me on Bell. Interesting to know that you did not change any settings, yet Bell started charging you for tethering. This is different than the problem other folks are having (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=96739). What we need to do is figure out what new method they are using to detect tethering vs on device use and develop another workaround from there.

according to this thread there is a solution - http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=96739
Old 11-17-2009, 05:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHKis View Post
according to this thread there is a solution - http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=96739
Yes, they do propose a solution that includes replacing \Windows\IntShr.exe. However, they say that the original size for the file is 34k and mine is currently 43k. Given that it is a touch pro 2 forum, and the original file sizes don't match, I am a bit gun shy about using this fix.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom