PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2009, 07:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One
Carrier: Sprint

chino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to chino331 Send a message via Skype™ to chino331
Re: [ May 4 \ 21043(6.1) & 21502(6.5) v4.7 RC ] Calkulin's Kitchen v1.6 & ROMs

Does anyone have the original Menu Enhancement OEM? I really don't like the modded one in the kitchen. Thanks!
Old 05-08-2009, 08:25 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & 2 HTC TP2's

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to dibbson Send a message via MSN to dibbson

This may have been covered already, but I thought I would post it anyways in regards to some people having trouble installing ROM's. I too had issues installing Calk's 6.5 ROM. But I believe the trick lies in not flashing to the original ROM (it does seem to help, i'm not discounting it). But even if the ROM gets stuck when it's customizing and says running..... (i've had it happen a couple of times), just take out the battery. Reboot, and it will come back up. Now just go into settings>system>clear storage. Clear storage and format internal. It will now load and run fine. I would advice to wait a minute and then do a soft reset to let the system settle in. This method has worked for me many times. The only problem I tend to have with this ROM is if I switch it to the HTC grey theme. That one really crashes the system for me, but thats the only thing i've noticed. Great ROM!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:08 PM
ptfdmedic

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by minmac00t View Post
I can confirm that worked also can you make a cab to delete these reg edits that maybe users can run thru SD COnfig until the actual issue is figured out

Thank You
swap this with whats in the base_dpi_192_resh_480_resv_640 folder in the kitchen. see if it works...

EDIT: I confirm it works. Finally progress. Great work O.......
Attached Files
File Type: rar mxipcold_wpc_2.rar (1.8 KB, 28 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by ptfdmedic; 05-08-2009 at 10:27 PM.
Old 05-08-2009, 11:04 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibbson View Post
This may have been covered already, but I thought I would post it anyways in regards to some people having trouble installing ROM's. I too had issues installing Calk's 6.5 ROM. But I believe the trick lies in not flashing to the original ROM (it does seem to help, i'm not discounting it). But even if the ROM gets stuck when it's customizing and says running..... (i've had it happen a couple of times), just take out the battery. Reboot, and it will come back up. Now just go into settings>system>clear storage. Clear storage and format internal. It will now load and run fine. I would advice to wait a minute and then do a soft reset to let the system settle in. This method has worked for me many times. The only problem I tend to have with this ROM is if I switch it to the HTC grey theme. That one really crashes the system for me, but thats the only thing i've noticed. Great ROM!
I flash back to the Sprint "shipped" rom before installing any new custom, and I've never had the slightest problem with any of Calcu's kitchens, including the 6.5's. I do use clear storage one additional time after the initial install, and have never reformatted my internal storage.
Old 05-09-2009, 12:40 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: LG Optimus S

KingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuff

What is everyone using for Pagepool settings. I currently have 24. I noticed that someone has 16mb. What would that do?
Old 05-09-2009, 01:36 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingArthur View Post
What is everyone using for Pagepool settings. I currently have 24. I noticed that someone has 16mb. What would that do?
Give you 8 more mb of RAM of course . I doubt there's really much of a difference in real world usage unless you make a really small pagepool witch isn't dynamic. Using 24 isn't much of a problem on most diamonds (except verizon since they have less memory)...I think the highest memory usage I've seen on my diamond is around 50-60%, which still leaves plenty IMO>
Old 05-09-2009, 01:40 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptfdmedic View Post
swap this with whats in the base_dpi_192_resh_480_resv_640 folder in the kitchen. see if it works...

EDIT: I confirm it works. Finally progress. Great work O.......
Are you noticing any other popups missing? Keep and eye on it and let us know. Thanks.
Old 05-09-2009, 02:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

shortbus182 is keeping up the good workshortbus182 is keeping up the good work

Weird deal..when I select media file via file browser, select "set as ringtone", Arcsoft always opens and prompts me to send file as mms...Wth?
Old 05-09-2009, 02:58 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: LG Optimus S

KingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuff

On the 21501 rom...

When I get a call, the ID box pops up and it bright white. Its rough at night when you get a call when you've been sleep. Is there a cab to make it black with white letters?
Old 05-09-2009, 05:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Bell Mobility

click is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibbson View Post
Thanks for the heads up -- too often do posts like this get missed in the mix!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom