PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2009, 05:32 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: Sprint

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ May 4 \ 21043(6.1) & 21502(6.5) v4.7 RC ] Calkulin's Kitchen v1.6 & ROMs

Can anyone tell me how to cook in a different color .tsk instead of the classic blue? I tried going into SYS\Base_Lang_0409_DPI_192_RESH_480_RESV_640 and replaced the classicblue.tsk with the ronaradorange.tsk and then I also took the colored menu bars specific for the ron arad orange and replaced the classic blue menu bars in the SYS\Base_DPI_192. It didnt work, the rom still installs with the classic blue theme. Thanks.

EDIT: Oh and I forgot to add, I also edited the mxipcold_wpc_2 file in the base_dpi_192_resh_480_resv_640 folder.

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!
Old 05-14-2009, 05:33 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drybonz View Post
I definitely want to do this. I lurk a bit in the 6.5 kitchen thread but it is way too 1337 in there for me.

This needs to be my next learning project.
Quote:
Originally Posted by egriffin View Post
Me and you Bonz.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHKis View Post
i would love to "look over someone's shoulder" as well. i've ported sys's in the past, but it usually takes me a few times before i get a bootable rom.

i've read sooooo many tutorials, and alot of varying or conflicting information, steps, etc.
We can do it over MSN Messenger all at once together sometime when everyone's schedules line up..
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond, former Touch vogue

egriffin is keeping up the good workegriffin is keeping up the good workegriffin is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHKis View Post
i would love to "look over someone's shoulder" as well. i've ported sys's in the past, but it usually takes me a few times before i get a bootable rom.

i've read sooooo many tutorials, and alot of varying or conflicting information, steps, etc.
Maybe indagroove could host (moderate) a forum just for those of us with experience building from existing kitchens to delve into the details of porting and building stable roms.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:37 PM
AWOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbussen View Post
Can anyone tell me how to cook in a different color .tsk instead of the classic blue? I tried going into SYS\Base_Lang_0409_DPI_192_RESH_480_RESV_640 and replaced the classicblue.tsk with the ronaradorange.tsk and then I also took the colored menu bars specific for the ron arad orange and replaced the classic blue menu bars in the SYS\Base_DPI_192. It didnt work, the rom still installs with the classic blue theme. Thanks.

EDIT: Oh and I forgot to add, I also edited the mxipcold_wpc_2 file in the base_dpi_192_resh_480_resv_640 folder.
All you should need to do is modify the provxml file, which you say that you already did, and also replace the sweetwater files that the provxml points to.

Or you can do the cheaters way (easier), and have it installed with customizations on first boot. Just add a line to your config_operator.txt like this:

TSK: \Windows\yourthemenamehere.tsk
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:40 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Below is the only thing I changed. Is there something else i have to change?

<characteristic type="HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Today">
<parm name="Skin" value="\Windows\Ron Arad orange.tsk" datatype="string"/>
<parm name="UseStartImage" value="1" datatype="integer"/>
<parm name="DPI" value="192" datatype="integer"/>
<parm name="MultiColorThemeEnabled" value="1" datatype="integer"/>
</characteristic>

EDIT: I think I just saw the other items I have to change in the provxml. Ill give it a try.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:43 PM
AWOL

Quote:
Maybe indagroove could host (moderate) a forum just for those of us with experience building from existing kitchens to delve into the details of porting and building stable roms.
Keep in mind that I'm not one of the best chefs around -- I may just be a few steps ahead of you two. There's a lot that I'm still learning myself every day. Chefs like Calcu, conflipper, TobeyChris, Juicy, etc know a lot more than myself.

I am grateful to everyone who's helped me along the way, and I believe strongly in helping those who are wanting to learn. Just don't start a new thread asking stupid questions like "how do I install a cab file", and I won't get annoyed.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:45 PM
AWOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbussen View Post
Below is the only thing I changed. Is there something else i have to change?

<characteristic type="HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Today">
<parm name="Skin" value="\Windows\Ron Arad orange.tsk" datatype="string"/>
<parm name="UseStartImage" value="1" datatype="integer"/>
<parm name="DPI" value="192" datatype="integer"/>
<parm name="MultiColorThemeEnabled" value="1" datatype="integer"/>
</characteristic>
you'll have to change every entry that is related to the theme, which I think is called BlueDrop or something. The other option is to just leave the provxml the way it is, and just photoshop the default theme images the way you like them, and leave all the file names the same (also cheating, but I cheat all the time).
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond, former Touch vogue

egriffin is keeping up the good workegriffin is keeping up the good workegriffin is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
Keep in mind that I'm not one of the best chefs around -- I may just be a few steps ahead of you two. There's a lot that I'm still learning myself every day. Chefs like Calcu, conflipper, TobeyChris, Juicy, etc know a lot more than myself.

I am grateful to everyone who's helped me along the way, and I believe strongly in helping those who are wanting to learn. Just don't start a new thread asking stupid questions like "how do I install a cab file", and I won't get annoyed.
Sounds like an expert to me! The year I finished college, I got a summer job teaching Biology in a nearby community college. The students there didn't know that I read the lesson I was teaching just the day before I taught it...they thought I was an expert! Indagroove, you're my expert!
Old 05-14-2009, 05:51 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
you'll have to change every entry that is related to the theme, which I think is called BlueDrop or something. The other option is to just leave the provxml the way it is, and just photoshop the default theme images the way you like them, and leave all the file names the same (also cheating, but I cheat all the time).
Lol. Well I went through and changed all the entries to the color scheme i wanted. Ill update. Thanks so far.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:52 PM
AWOL

Quote:
Sounds like an expert to me! The year I finished college, I got a summer job teaching Biology in a nearby community college. The students there didn't know that I read the lesson I was teaching just the day before I taught it...they thought I was an expert! Indagroove, you're my expert!
The big thing is the same as anything in life. If you act like you know what you are doing, people will believe that you do. I was once told that some people do that better than others -- those people are called mentors.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom