PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2009, 11:16 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HERO
Carrier: Sprint

Brock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Brock1909 Send a message via MSN to Brock1909 Send a message via Yahoo to Brock1909
Re: [ May 16 \ 21046 & 21232 v4.7 ] Calkulin's Kitchen v1.6 & ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery View Post
Well yeah, was gonna edit my post but noticed you told him that in the other thread so....

Plus, if he is using Calkulin's kitchen it is better to use his SYS because with the one you posted he would have to
delete a couple more duplicates. But the way you said is easier.

thanks for both the responses Mystrey and Inda. i did delete the duplicates and i DLed the updated kitchen. after using the Ultralite rom and having my memory usage consistantly at 31-35% and battery life being amazing after everything being installed, im trying to get there again. ( capn should just upload his kitchen for that rom )
so i built one with inda's oem and that system, and i stit around 45%. will do a similar build with calc and see what i get. my main concern being battery because im in and out of service all day at work.
sorry went on a rant haha.

so thanks for the responses!
Old 05-16-2009, 11:33 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock1909 View Post
after using the Ultralite rom and having my memory usage consistantly at 31-35% and battery life being amazing after everything being installed, im trying to get there again. ( capn should just upload his kitchen for that rom )
Just decompile his rom with prepit, and you will have his base.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-16-2009, 11:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond

Doward is a n00b

Forgive the noobness here, but what do I need to install to have my Facebook contact pictures automatically updated in my Touch Diamond? I was testing out a few roms before I started making my own, but I can't find that functionality
Old 05-16-2009, 11:35 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HERO

Brock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Brock1909 Send a message via MSN to Brock1909 Send a message via Yahoo to Brock1909

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
Just decompile his rom with prepit, and you will have his base.
i did that, and could not get a bootable rom. ( i didnt insert the sys/oem/rom folders into a new kitchen, i just used the one i prepit'ed in...mistake?)

Last edited by Brock1909; 05-16-2009 at 11:38 PM.
Old 05-16-2009, 11:44 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock1909 View Post
i did that, and could not get a bootable rom. ( i didnt insert the sys/oem/rom folders into a new kitchen, i just used the one i prepit'ed in...mistake?)
What kitchen did you use to rebuild? Did you add anything? Might be better discussed in his rom thread -- I don't wanna hyjack Calcu's more that I already have. PM me if you want. I am very familiar with capn's base, since it's based off simplerom.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-17-2009, 12:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre/Touch Diamond

scrambler7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscrambler7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscrambler7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscrambler7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: [ May 16 \ 21046 & 21231 v4.7 ] Calkulin's Kitchen v1.6 & ROMs

Quote:
Yours is darker because your using Titanium, if you use TouchFlo, which is what I was using, than it will grey. I Don't like how it looks like that!

I figure out what controls the top bar, its an image called "Taskbar.png" in the Windows folder, but does any one know how I can make this image control the buttom bar as well???? Thanks!
it should be called softkeybar.png
Old 05-17-2009, 01:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

scrambler7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscrambler7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscrambler7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscrambler7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:

Does any one know how I can make the bottom bar look like the top GLOSSY one? Or Can any one make it for me?!?! Thanks
thats weird. thats the default bar that will pop up when a theme doesnt take. normally that will get rid of the top bar too and then the skin will revert to 6.1 styling. ive made several themes but they always seem to mess up when i make cabs of them so i resorted to cooking them into my roms
Old 05-17-2009, 01:07 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC ONE
Carrier: Ting

Mystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrambler7 View Post
it should be called softkeybar.png
Yeah I found it already just that I can't get this right, some how I mess up the colors, I'm not that familiar with .tsk files.
Old 05-17-2009, 01:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Yeah I found it already just that I can't get this right, some how I mess up the colors, I'm not that familiar with .tsk files.
just use wince cab manager to edit it. all the tsk file does is edits the registry to tell the phone where to find the UI elements like the taskbars, highlights, selectors, scrollbars, etc. it will also hold the wallpaper for titanium/start menu (stwater_480_640.png)

Last edited by scrambler7; 05-17-2009 at 01:15 AM.
Old 05-17-2009, 01:28 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC ONE
Carrier: Ting

Mystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrambler7 View Post
just use wince cab manager to edit it. all the tsk file does is edits the registry to tell the phone where to find the UI elements like the taskbars, highlights, selectors, scrollbars, etc. it will also hold the wallpaper for titanium/start menu (stwater_480_640.png)
Yeah that is exactly what I'm doing, I use to be a pro at this, back when I had the htc touch, but its been a while since I done it. I think I almost got it though. Thanks anyways!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom