PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2009, 06:07 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: Sprint

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ May 4 \ 21043(6.1) & 21502(6.5) v4.7 RC ] Calkulin's Kitchen v1.6 & ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
you'll have to change every entry that is related to the theme, which I think is called BlueDrop or something. The other option is to just leave the provxml the way it is, and just photoshop the default theme images the way you like them, and leave all the file names the same (also cheating, but I cheat all the time).
Still didnt work. Funny thing is that when I go into settings>today the correct theme is selected but still the menus are blue. Im gonna try one of the other steps you said and see what happens.

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!
Old 05-14-2009, 06:08 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbussen View Post
Still didnt work. Funny thing is that when I go into settings>today the correct theme is selected but still the menus are blue. Im gonna try one of the other steps you said and see what happens.
Are you cooking with manila?
Old 05-14-2009, 06:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond, former Touch vogue

egriffin is keeping up the good workegriffin is keeping up the good workegriffin is keeping up the good work

Quote:
The big thing is the same as anything in life. If you act like you know what you are doing, people will believe that you do. I was once told that some people do that better than others -- those people are called mentors.
Alright, alright if you can help me port sys'es and xip's, I'll call you mentor, lol!!
Old 05-14-2009, 06:13 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drybonz View Post
Are you cooking with manila?
No, no manila.
Old 05-14-2009, 06:19 PM
VIP Member

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
No, no manila.
kk... there is some stuff you have to edit if you are cooking in manila I was going to mention but never mind. Sorry.
Old 05-14-2009, 06:20 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Quote:
It says that theme is selected, because that's what you wrote into your provxml file. You must have not edited the file quite right or something. No .tsk files will actually be loaded until you do so through customizations or manually in today settings. All the provxml file does is tell which theme related files to load, which is seperate from the actual .tsk files. The .tsk file has 2 images in it (for portrait and landcape backgrounds), and a bunch of registry entires that point to the correct image files for menus and stuff, and also have reg entries for color. The easiest thing to do (without anyone being to tell that you obviously cheated) is to just leave the provxml file alone. Then find the actual backgrounds you want (in the .tsk -- extract with wince cab manager), and rename them to calcu's default images, overwriting his images with yours. Then do the TSK install with customizations like I suggested earlier. That way when you boot the first time, your background will show, and then during customizations it will load the actual .tsk with the colors for menus that you want. Yes, it's cheating, but 99% of the rom users will never know (unless they watch very carefully during customizations, and know what's going on -- then again, they would likely be chefs if they did and would use their own rom).
Old 05-14-2009, 06:23 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Oh yeah also you need to edit the .rgu in the Tweaks - Registry OEM to reflect the name of your .tsk.

*edit* That was another thing I found after we got off messenger, Indagroove, which I'm sure you are using your own reg tweaks and didn't consider that, which would make sense.
Old 05-14-2009, 06:26 PM
AWOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drybonz View Post
Oh yeah also you need to edit the .rgu in the Tweaks - Registry OEM to reflect the name of your .tsk.

*edit* That was another thing I found after we got off messenger, Indagroove, which I'm sure you are using your own reg tweaks and didn't consider that, which would make sense.
Ah, that makes sense -- I was wondering what the heck..
Old 05-14-2009, 06:27 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot

Quote:
It says that theme is selected, because that's what you wrote into your provxml file. You must have not edited the file quite right or something. No .tsk files will actually be loaded until you do so through customizations or manually in today settings. All the provxml file does is tell which theme related files to load, which is seperate from the actual .tsk files. The .tsk file has 2 images in it (for portrait and landcape backgrounds), and a bunch of registry entires that point to the correct image files for menus and stuff, and also have reg entries for color. The easiest thing to do (without anyone being to tell that you obviously cheated) is to just leave the provxml file alone. Then find the actual backgrounds you want (in the .tsk -- extract with wince cab manager), and rename them to calcu's default images, overwriting his images with yours. Then do the TSK install with customizations like I suggested earlier. That way when you boot the first time, your background will show, and then during customizations it will load the actual .tsk with the colors for menus that you want. Yes, it's cheating, but 99% of the rom users will never know (unless they watch very carefully during customizations, and know what's going on -- then again, they would likely be chefs if they did and would use their own rom).
Yeah so I tried editing the operator_config and that is exactly what happened, it installed the whole .tsk, background and all. Not what Im looking for cause I want to use my own background. Ill give the above a try and see if I can do it. Lol.
Old 05-14-2009, 06:41 PM
AWOL

Quote:
Yeah so I tried editing the operator_config and that is exactly what happened, it installed the whole .tsk, background and all. Not what Im looking for cause I want to use my own background. Ill give the above a try and see if I can do it. Lol.
You'll prolly want to make your own .tsk then. That way you can switch to a different theme then back to yours. You need wince cabmanager. There's a free trial, and once you know what you're doing you can modify a .tsk in less than a minute. It's good for cabs too, obviously. It's really a necessity for any chef, IMO.

Don't search for any warez versions though, cause that's bad. Don't do bad things.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom