PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2009, 08:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond, former Touch vogue
Carrier: Sprint

egriffin is keeping up the good workegriffin is keeping up the good workegriffin is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ May 4 \ 21043(6.1) & 21502(6.5) v4.7 RC ] Calkulin's Kitchen v1.6 & ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailrace View Post
Okay - here is the basic explanation. When you create a ROM, most of the kitchen's now allow for User Customization to run. There is a file you need to put on the root directory of your internal storage that has to be called "SDConfig.txt" This file tells the customization script what to run. I have mine set to only run my DiamondProvision.xml scrip. But you can also tell it to run cab files etc and install other programs upon customization. Here is what my SDConfig.txt looks like. It's a very simple txt file:

LOCK:Enabled
XML: \Internal Storage\CAB Files\DiamondProvision.xml
LOCK: Disabled
RST: Reset

As you can see, it points to my Internal Storage, a folder named CAB Files, and then to teh DiamondProvision.xml file, which is a simple script. So use the attached DiamondProvision.xml file and copy it to the folder on the internal storage that you refernce in your SDConfig.txt.

I'm attaching a copy of my DiamondProvision.xml script for email. I use Exchange Sync for work which is the first account setup, and IMAP4 for personal, which is hte second. but you can set it up for POP3 also. I have written over in Capital Letters the items that you need to update for your own account. If you don't use exchange just delete that section of the script - up until it says <characteristic type="EMAIL2">. I've had to unpload it as a .txt file, so just download it, and change it from .txt to .xml. it can be opened and edited in Notepad as an xml.

This .xml file can also be used to include any registry edits that you want to personalize your ROM with. but that's a slightly more detialed lesson as you have to use and RGU converter to get the registry setting formatted correctly. I hope this helps. i'm not a programmer, and have learned what i know by searching around, so i'll answer with any help i can, but i may not be able to answer everything.

Good luck.
Sailrace, thanks for the .xml. It seems that you have also included some files (calendar, contacts, etc.) that are in the pim folder I already have referenced in my sd.config. Do I need that part of the xml file to have UC update my email accounts?
Old 05-09-2009, 10:09 AM
ptfdmedic

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drybonz View Post
Are you noticing any other popups missing? Keep and eye on it and let us know. Thanks.

i can't find anything else missing.....
Old 05-09-2009, 10:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

xcopmanx is keeping up the good workxcopmanx is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptfdmedic View Post
i can't find anything else missing.....
Wait, Ptfd, is that xml file to attempt to fix the popup before you can answer a call in 6.5? I'm a bit lost.
Old 05-09-2009, 12:57 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & 2 HTC TP2's

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to dibbson Send a message via MSN to dibbson

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmdunn View Post
I flash back to the Sprint "shipped" rom before installing any new custom, and I've never had the slightest problem with any of Calcu's kitchens, including the 6.5's. I do use clear storage one additional time after the initial install, and have never reformatted my internal storage.
Yea, I usually flash to shipped rom myself. Especially when trying a new rom for the first time. Every phone is different, thats just what works with mine when i have issues. But it is good to format internal every now and then. I don't think there are any defrag programs for PPC, LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by click View Post
Thanks for the heads up -- too often do posts like this get missed in the mix!
Thanks for the positive feedback.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-09-2009, 05:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch and Sprint Mogul

dornier is a n00b

Anyway of accomplishing the following with the 4.7 TP2 Rom?

1) Stock notifications? In other words the original HTC signal strength, battery, windows start icon on the top left, etc.?

2) I played around with a touch diamond 2 today and I noticed that the HTC calendar highlighted the current date in green. Anyway of doing this with the TP2 rom?

3) Is it possible to have the windows start button open the favorite programs (programs you select on the programs tab) like the diamond 2? Is it also possible to have a list view versus a grid view?

4) The icons of my favorite programs look pixelated. Anyway of getting icons that would look clearer?

5) How do I change the clock to a white background with black letters?

6) Lastly, how do I change the home tab to display the touch diamond wallpaper that is black with a red swirl type design? Where would I get the touch diamond 2 wallpaper from?

Thanks for the help!

GP
Old 05-09-2009, 05:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond - WM 6.5 - Telus 1.04.05

robotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Does anyone know what custom task icons Calk uses? Link?
Old 05-09-2009, 07:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: LG Optimus S

KingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuff

On the 21502 Rom...

I am using the stock windows dialer and wanna know is there a cab to change the caller ID pop-up from white to black. When I'm in a good sleep and get a call, I can't see who's calling because the thing is bright white.

Just wanna change to black background with white letters.
Old 05-09-2009, 10:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
Does touch response work for anyone using 4.7RC? It doesn't work for me. I tried installing a cab over the one cooked in, but it did not help. I haven't tried not cooking it in and just cab installing though... Thanks.
I just wanted to update this problem I was having with Touch Response not working. I normally use TouchPal and sometimes Touch Response worked on some of my builds and other times it did not. I searched some on google and found jyxent's post in this thread .
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyxent View Post
I've noticed that Touch Response doesn't work with Touchpal if you have the Savage25rcracer sip selected. Using the Diamond-Touch Pro or the Merdinh sip, vibration with Touchpal seems to work fine.

Hopefully this helps if someone else is using Touchpal and the vibration doesn't work.
His suggestion did the trick and now touch response works normally for me (I actually just do not choose a SIP in the kitchen now). I'm sure the times it's worked for me in the past have been times I choose a SIP other than Savage25rcracer, but I don't think I would have ever realized that was the reason.
Old 05-10-2009, 10:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond (Sprint model)
Carrier: Cricket

ejdavis72 is keeping up the good workejdavis72 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitrousGT View Post
i have that same prob too, sometime with the vol all the way up when i get a text or email the ohone doesnt beep or vibrate. bur somes it does after softreset, then goes back to causing problems.
I had the same exact problem and no one seems to really know the answer, and yes I tried all the tricks like clear storage , format internal storage and flash to "shipped", Doesn't work period! I had to go back to my first toO ROM because that one is rock solid but not as quick.
Old 05-10-2009, 12:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC DIAMOND
Carrier: Alltel

kwattro76 is keeping up the good workkwattro76 is keeping up the good workkwattro76 is keeping up the good work

Just thought Id share my Calc 4.7 6.5 screenshot..
Looks very nice and Im sticking with "Calc only" roms....lol

Everything has been tested and works great and all 4 of my push email accounts get delivered to my Diamond as soon as the person thinks about emailing me...yeah before they even hit send...LOL its that fast...when they hit send Im already replying to their email...OK iv exaggerated a little...its a great rom

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom