View Single Post
Old 05-14-2009, 06:27 PM
KBZL
SIR Flash-a-lot

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ May 4 \ 21043(6.1) & 21502(6.5) v4.7 RC ] Calkulin's Kitchen v1.6 & ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
It says that theme is selected, because that's what you wrote into your provxml file. You must have not edited the file quite right or something. No .tsk files will actually be loaded until you do so through customizations or manually in today settings. All the provxml file does is tell which theme related files to load, which is seperate from the actual .tsk files. The .tsk file has 2 images in it (for portrait and landcape backgrounds), and a bunch of registry entires that point to the correct image files for menus and stuff, and also have reg entries for color. The easiest thing to do (without anyone being to tell that you obviously cheated) is to just leave the provxml file alone. Then find the actual backgrounds you want (in the .tsk -- extract with wince cab manager), and rename them to calcu's default images, overwriting his images with yours. Then do the TSK install with customizations like I suggested earlier. That way when you boot the first time, your background will show, and then during customizations it will load the actual .tsk with the colors for menus that you want. Yes, it's cheating, but 99% of the rom users will never know (unless they watch very carefully during customizations, and know what's going on -- then again, they would likely be chefs if they did and would use their own rom).
Yeah so I tried editing the operator_config and that is exactly what happened, it installed the whole .tsk, background and all. Not what Im looking for cause I want to use my own background. Ill give the above a try and see if I can do it. Lol.

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!