PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2009, 01:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

ldostang is keeping up the good workldostang is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ May 4 \ 21043(6.1) & 21502(6.5) v4.7 RC ] Calkulin's Kitchen v1.6 & ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drybonz View Post
If you are building a public rom you have to have a solution that allows people to change the wallpaper, though.
i keep changing my wallpaper and i still dont get the bubble.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

mjhuffer is keeping up the good workmjhuffer is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailrace View Post
I can do it that way. But i was looking for the edit to put into my provision.xml to force it on when i cook a ROM. Calk's default settings change it to a fixed backlight strength.
Yah I only know the basics...I don't know anything about going into the actual Kitchen and editing .xmls. I want to learn so I don't have to set up my phone everytime i want to flash. Do you know of anyway to set up email externally so I don't have to do it on my phone everytime?
Old 05-07-2009, 02:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

ilkevinli is becoming a PPCGeeks regularilkevinli is becoming a PPCGeeks regularilkevinli is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

The only problem is that when you replace the start icon you lose the new wait icon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnicronx View Post
Noticed there was no 6.5 Start Menu icon selections in the kitchen, so I made my own and thought I would share my OEM. This is only the start menu icon, select the battery and taskbar icons as usual.

you will have to delete the directory SYS/Base_DPI_192/shellres.192.dll/
or you will get duplicates.

Attachment 31967
Old 05-07-2009, 02:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

SOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIP

maybe since the wallpaper is included in the .tsk...?

i'll try removing the files from the classic blue and see if it plays nice...
Old 05-07-2009, 02:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Bell

omnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuff

Quote:
The only problem is that when you replace the start icon you lose the new wait icon.
I realize this, that was the point of making a new OEM. The OEM i posted was a modified 6.5 DLL, not 6.1. I.e you will get the Vista orb start menu icon, and the new wait icons.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker

omnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuff

Quote:
i keep changing my wallpaper and i still dont get the bubble.
Me too.. seems to work with any of the three HTC 6.1 themes (i.e htc black, htc blue etc). Even changed my background right back to Calcs water drop and it works fine, no bubble popping up.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC

binder7 is a n00b

Is there a fix for the Messaging tab randomly coming up. It doesnt happen when i first boot the phone, but if i turn the screen off and it sits for a while and then press the power button to turn the screen on sometimes the bar at the top says Messaging and the soft keys at the bottom are the menu and delete i think.
Kind of annoying. I am using the 4.7 RC 6.5 kitchen with no Touch Flo. However this messaging thing has happened to me with all 6.5 kitchens so far. I tried the fix Calk put up for 4.6.2a but the problem was still there in that rom after i tried that patch.
Thanks all
Old 05-07-2009, 02:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

nowhereman5 is a n00b

I installed the 21502 v4.7 ROM on my phone. When going through the settings, I was messing around with the Today screen settings and enabled G-Alarm for the Today screen. Now, G-Alarm shows up on the Today screen but everything else (including the 6.5 scroll) is missing. Also, I can't seem to get back to the settings to fix that. If I click the start menu to bring up Programs, the only thing that shows up now is the "Today" icon which doesn't seem to do anything other than going back to the messed up today screen. Is there anyway to fix this besides hard resetting?

Thanks.
Old 05-07-2009, 03:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman5 View Post
I installed the 21502 v4.7 ROM on my phone. When going through the settings, I was messing around with the Today screen settings and enabled G-Alarm for the Today screen. Now, G-Alarm shows up on the Today screen but everything else (including the 6.5 scroll) is missing. Also, I can't seem to get back to the settings to fix that. If I click the start menu to bring up Programs, the only thing that shows up now is the "Today" icon which doesn't seem to do anything other than going back to the messed up today screen. Is there anyway to fix this besides hard resetting?

Thanks.
I think you turned off the titanium interface (new WM6.5 look) when you turned on G-Alarm. You need to go to start->settings->today->items->check the 'windows default' box.
Old 05-07-2009, 03:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

nowhereman5 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
I think you turned off the titanium interface (new WM6.5 look) when you turned on G-Alarm. You need to go to start->settings->today->items->check the 'windows default' box.
That's part of the problem though. I can't seem to get back to the Today settings. On the clear drop down start menu, if I go to Settings, there are 3 choices- Personal, System, and Connections. Today doesn't seem to show up in any of those 3.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom