PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2009, 08:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apache, Vogue, MotoQ
Carrier: Vzw

rainabba is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrainabba is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrainabba is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoda1 View Post
I just noticed something interesting....My builds do not have Titanium in them. This must be why I am not experiencing the same issues that you guys are discussing. My build shows "Windows Default" for the Today screen settings. And TouchFlo is not needed. The more unneeded files you cram into these builds, the slower the devices are going to run with 6.5.

So my question is, Why worry so much about the Titanium plug-in when it was designed to emulate the 6.5 Today screen prior to it being available to us???

Just thought I'd bring it up so we can get on to developing WinMo 6.5 to run as it was designed, and then move on to the extras.

You cannot add Nitrous Oxide to an engine with with 2 dead cylinders and expect it to run 9's in the quarter mile. So why add features to an OS that isn't running at 100% yet?....It isn't logical.

*****Signed: Tplane37.....{Yoda1 (Certified Microsoft Professional) is elbows deep adding some more mods to my PC, needed more monitors, RAM, HHD space, and changing out the audio card for 7.1 vs. 5.1 surround sound.}*****
I can't speak for everyone, but I've been referring to the "Windows Default" plugin as Titanium. I thought that was just the code-name. In any case, I can't see any difference (despite all my attempted customizations to .CPR files) regardless of whether I choose "Titanium" or "Windows Default".
Old 03-23-2009, 09:30 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: vogue
Carrier: bell

mssmison is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdbanks View Post
Im really feelin this ROM...I like it alot. I have a few issues though. After I flashed it got stuck in the customizations and I had to soft reset. this happened twice as I flashed the ROM again to see if that would help. Also I have not gotten the internet to connect. A little insight on how to make this work would be helpful.
have you run the dcd carrier rom for your provider?
Also don't run the customizations, they just seem to cause lots of issues right now..
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-23-2009, 09:36 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdbanks View Post
Im really feelin this ROM...I like it alot. I have a few issues though. After I flashed it got stuck in the customizations and I had to soft reset. this happened twice as I flashed the ROM again to see if that would help. Also I have not gotten the internet to connect. A little insight on how to make this work would be helpful.
I just do a battery pull when customizations finish installing everything, then reboot with the power button. No problems.
Old 03-23-2009, 09:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint RhodiumW (SIM/CID Unlocked), Titan, Mogul

Tplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Tplane37 Send a message via MSN to Tplane37 Send a message via Yahoo to Tplane37

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdume View Post
I agree......is this why your name is Yoda? Because you are the old wise one and you bring everyone back to reality?

Yeah, he's a wise-@$$ alright! Good guy though. He was working on my computer and I forgot to sign out of his screen name before posting....So I decided so "Sign" at the bottom. He has been doing a lot of research for me and helping out on the graphics. We are trying to make sure that this build is as close to the real deal as possible....but he had no arguments when I told him "Oops, I just posted before signing you out." I guess it was just bound to happen when there are multiple computers in this house with auto-log-ins to PPCGeeks!

FYI: We are putting another computer together (making number 5...hey that's a good name for it "Number 5") to run a trial version Exchange 2003 on for testing the Sync issue with WM6.5 (and we are going to have to pay for the User Keys). But paying what we are for the 30 Trials sure beats the hundreds of dollars that it would cost to get a full version of Exchange...And then there's Linux and it's variations, but that's a ways down the road.........

Last edited by Tplane37; 03-23-2009 at 09:55 PM.
Old 03-23-2009, 10:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Vogue

wdbanks is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mssmison View Post
have you run the dcd carrier rom for your provider?
Also don't run the customizations, they just seem to cause lots of issues right now..
Is this different that the ROM provided on the first page? My carrier is Sprint.
Old 03-23-2009, 10:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tplane37 View Post
FYI: We are putting another computer together (making number 5...hey that's a good name for it "Number 5") to run a trial version Exchange 2003 on for testing the Sync issue with WM6.5 (and we are going to have to pay for the User Keys). But paying what we are for the 30 Trials sure beats the hundreds of dollars that it would cost to get a full version of Exchange...And then there's Linux and it's variations, but that's a ways down the road.........
Ah, fun, fun, fun....Don't forget the Certificate, with out that, wirless activesync does not work....Something I battled through for a while when I 1st setup my server.

I run my own Exchange 2003 server, if you need certian tests done, PM me on here or XDA, I'll help out...
Old 03-24-2009, 12:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

myshinynewtouch is just getting started

jdume - i just installed your vogue 6.5 ROM and i am very very happy with it.. can i just make a small suggestion though.. can you post a kitchen or if not - not include icontact, i just like the regular contact app....

and i just noticed that the ROM you posted has a lot of apps already built-in, is it base ROM or customized ROM ?

Last edited by myshinynewtouch; 03-24-2009 at 05:48 AM.
Old 03-24-2009, 12:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Tplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Tplane37 Send a message via MSN to Tplane37 Send a message via Yahoo to Tplane37

Okay. The "Comm Manager" in 21189 and 21193 is now called "Wireless Manager." I need to fix this in the SYS, but here is a manual fix for you folks.

Use "Total Commander" instead of the factory File Explorer (This is one of the reason I put Total Commander in these builds ). The icon looks like an old 3.5" Blue floppy disk.

-Go to \Windows

-Scroll down to <wrlsmgr.exe>.

-Tap <wrlsmgr.exe> ONCE.

-At the bottom of the screen, left side.

-Tap "File" then ">>>>> (A)."

-Tap "Create shortcut."

-Tap "Tree" in the window that opens.

-Expand "Windows."

-Expand "Start Menu."

-Tap "Programs."

-Tap "OK" on the lower left of the screen (not the top right).

-Tap "OK" in the window.

-Exit Total Commander.

Now, in your Start Menu, you will see an ugly white Icon that says "wlsmgr." That link belongs with the Blue Icon that keeps throwing the Comm Manager Certificate error. But for now, you have to click the ugly icon to get to your Wireless Manager. I plan to fix this in the next release. ANd now I have to figure out why "Comm Manager" is even coming up at all, since it is no longer part of WM 6.5. This is the Wireless Manager that I said seems limited, but looks good. Give it a shot, and let me know if you have any issues creating this shortcut.

Onto the next step......
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-24-2009, 12:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
Ah, fun, fun, fun....Don't forget the Certificate, with out that, wirless activesync does not work....Something I battled through for a while when I 1st setup my server.

I run my own Exchange 2003 server, if you need certian tests done, PM me on here or XDA, I'll help out...
Thanks. And I emant to say "30 day Trial" not 30 Trials . At this point, it would be helpful (if you are running the ROMs I am putting together) to chime in when people are having issues with the Exchange Server. Yoda1 brought up a good point, are people Syncing the first time via USB? If not, that could very well be their problem. I don't know for sure, so I am not going to advise either way until I do.

And no, I do not plan on releasing the next ROM tomorrow....I am taking the day off (from the development bit) and taking my son to the Zoo. I'll be back to working on things tomorrow night though.

Also, has anyone on my builds (particularly 21193 Beta 1.2) been able to aquire a GPS lock? I didn't loook to far into it tonight, but mine isn't aquiring fresh out of the box this time. I would like to know so that I can figure out if I made a mistake on my phone with the current test, or if it is in the Beta 1.2 ROM. Thanks!
Old 03-24-2009, 12:26 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

Quote:
Thanks. And I emant to say "30 day Trial" not 30 Trials . At this point, it would be helpful (if you are running the ROMs I am putting together) to chime in when people are having issues with the Exchange Server. Yoda1 brought up a good point, are people Syncing the first time via USB? If not, that could very well be their problem. I don't know for sure, so I am not going to advise either way until I do.!
I have been doing it all from the phone, going by the steps on the phone to get sync'ing working. I will attempt to set it up on the PC on the 1st sync. I do know for sure, on 1.1 I was not able to sync with exchange when setting it up via the phone (well, it would sync for the 1st time, then error out after that point trying to resync)

Quote:
Also, has anyone on my builds (particularly 21193 Beta 1.2) been able to aquire a GPS lock? I didn't loook to far into it tonight, but mine isn't aquiring fresh out of the box this time. I would like to know so that I can figure out if I made a mistake on my phone with the current test, or if it is in the Beta 1.2 ROM. Thanks!
If I get a chance I'll install Tomtom on my phone (v. 6) was not going to set it up till it was at the point where everything else was working (so I am not nuking it the next day)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software