View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 08:32 PM
rainabba
PPCGeeks Regular

rainabba is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrainabba is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrainabba is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoda1 View Post
I just noticed something interesting....My builds do not have Titanium in them. This must be why I am not experiencing the same issues that you guys are discussing. My build shows "Windows Default" for the Today screen settings. And TouchFlo is not needed. The more unneeded files you cram into these builds, the slower the devices are going to run with 6.5.

So my question is, Why worry so much about the Titanium plug-in when it was designed to emulate the 6.5 Today screen prior to it being available to us???

Just thought I'd bring it up so we can get on to developing WinMo 6.5 to run as it was designed, and then move on to the extras.

You cannot add Nitrous Oxide to an engine with with 2 dead cylinders and expect it to run 9's in the quarter mile. So why add features to an OS that isn't running at 100% yet?....It isn't logical.

*****Signed: Tplane37.....{Yoda1 (Certified Microsoft Professional) is elbows deep adding some more mods to my PC, needed more monitors, RAM, HHD space, and changing out the audio card for 7.1 vs. 5.1 surround sound.}*****
I can't speak for everyone, but I've been referring to the "Windows Default" plugin as Titanium. I thought that was just the code-name. In any case, I can't see any difference (despite all my attempted customizations to .CPR files) regardless of whether I choose "Titanium" or "Windows Default".