PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2009, 04:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Fuze, Elfin
Carrier: Rogers

dsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM 6.5 StartMenu_GridScene_240x320.cpr 4 column

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainabba View Post
I can't find the original post so I don't know who to give credit to, but someone posted updated .CPR files for the start menu. I wasn't satisfied with a few details, and the approach taken in them (negative left offsets for example) so I made some changes and just figured I'd share. This is a 4 column portrait layout with 32x32 icons and and selection that lies where I think it should.

Enjoy.

Rename from .cpr.txt to .cpr before copying to your \Windows\ folder.

Great job!

I found that I just had to do this for the StartMenu_Gridscene CPR files:

- Under Image ID="Image", just set Left="31" and Top="7"

Attached are my files for Landscape and Portrait modes.
Attached Files
File Type: zip startmenu_fix.zip (1.3 KB, 52 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-23-2009, 04:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Fuze, Elfin
Carrier: Rogers

dsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuff
Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdume View Post
Same here bro has not happen for a bit now but I did get it 2 or 3 times.

You are missing Biotouch.exe, I assume. Just add this attached Biotouch.exe file to your \Windows folder. This is a dummy file that does nothing, but will not cause the error anymore.

The real Biotouch.exe only serves the purpose of allowing you to switch to the next Email account when you swipe left/right with your finger in the mail app. It's really not worth it, because it can take upto 8MB of system memory!!

The one I attached will terminate immediately and thus won't take up system resources.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Biotouch.zip (901 Bytes, 23 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 03-23-2009, 04:42 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: vogue
Carrier: bell

mssmison is becoming a great contributor

has anyone been able to get the settings panel or any new panels made with chome configurator to work?
Old 03-23-2009, 05:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apache, Vogue, MotoQ
Carrier: Vzw

rainabba is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrainabba is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrainabba is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Freebsd!!!???

That supposed to be irony?

Portrait Mode:

Old 03-23-2009, 05:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc mogul 6800
Carrier: ZoomMobile

vickylife007 knows their stuffvickylife007 knows their stuffvickylife007 knows their stuffvickylife007 knows their stuffvickylife007 knows their stuffvickylife007 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tplane37 View Post
TITAN 21193 Beta 1: Special Thanks to ConFlipper for the Chinese SYS that was used, and for all the hard work thus far. Additional thanks goes to Drellidee for his assistance, couldn't have gotten this far without your help!

Okay, here's my attempt at 21193. This is very basic, no frills. This was built for the XV6800\Titan on Verizon. Carrier Cabs are also linked below to use. I forgot to add the dialer in when I cooked it, so I attached the one that is supposed to be in this build. Feedback is welcome.

Special notes:

Flash the RUU, and let the phone boot to the main splash screen and wait for the beep. Then Hard Reset. And wait............it take a long time to boot on the first boot. If it hasn't loaded after a few minutes, Soft Reset. It should load at this point. You will see the Start Menu button come up, click the start menu and once it goes to the start menu, just click the X and everything is good to go. I am not sure why this is, but it is. After all that is done and out of the way, everything works quite well and rather quick. Soft Resets load as normal and so on. It's just the initial boot that takes a long time, but be patient and you should get to enjoy 21193 on your Titan. Be sure you have Radio: 3.42.50.

And remember, as always, you flash at your own risk, and I am not responsible for anything you do to your device. Enjoy!

<----Click me for Titan_21193_Beta_1_USO_Edition_RUU.

<----Click me for the Dialer that rounds out the package (I forgot it in the kitchen)

<----Click me for DCD's Carrier Cabs
You inspire me.=D>
Old 03-23-2009, 05:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

rainabba is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrainabba is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrainabba is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdume View Post
DSI76 is whom your refering to, and you should complete the package with a 320x240.cpr file aswell for those who have landscape.
I've made no changes to other files though and my file isn't useful unless someone already has the other required bits so I don't think double posting would be advisable.
Old 03-23-2009, 05:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mssmison View Post
has anyone been able to get the settings panel or any new panels made with chome configurator to work?
I've been meaning to ask a similar question. When I use CHomeConfig, I can add a new panel with pages and even after a softreset, it persists, yet changes like show/hide of other panels do not, and no change I made is visible on the Today screen.

Am I completely confused, or is the "Default Plugin" Titanium, and isn't CHomeConfig the tool intended to modify that plugin?

Titanium_xxxxx.cpr are the file that contain that config I thought as well, but I don't see my changes there either. I created a panel named test with a page named test1, yet there's no sign of those changes in Titanium_240x320.cpr as I'd expect.

Where have my expectations gone awry?

EDIT: I just pulled Titanium_240x320.cpr over to my PC, removed the Photos and PhotosCondensed elements and uploaded back to my phone (not sure if it mattered, but I modified file attributes on the phone first to disable read-only, and system to try and avoid simple file issues). The result was that the "Pictures" entry disappeared after a soft-reset. This leads me to believe that "Titanium" as a plugin is really just a host for other plugins. I expected to see "pictures" as text in the CRP but never did. That makes me think that "Pictures" is a plugin that's either got it's own file, or is built into a DLL somewhere else. It also seems that these CRP files just define where/how certain pre-defined elements are displayed for existing plugins and maybe they allow you to define how additional ones will be displayed. If I'm correct, my next question is, where do I find the actually "pictures" plugin to veryify it exists?

If I'm even somewhat right about this, I think the reason that CHomeConfig isn't behaving as expected is because it's editing the wrong files. At first I thought that maybe it was editing something like Titanium_480x640.cpr instead, but that's not the case. Since SOME of my changes are visible between runs of CHomeConfig, it's clearly persisting SOMETHING. Just don't know what yet.

Still sleuthing.

Last edited by rainabba; 03-23-2009 at 06:42 PM.
Old 03-23-2009, 05:46 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: vogue
Carrier: bell

mssmison is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainabba View Post
I've been meaning to ask a similar question. When I use CHomeConfig, I can add a new panel with pages and even after a softreset, it persists, yet changes like show/hide of other panels do not, and no change I made is visible on the Today screen.

Am I completely confused, or is the "Default Plugin" Titanium, and isn't CHomeConfig the tool intended to modify that plugin?

Titanium_xxxxx.cpr are the file that contain that config I thought as well, but I don't see my changes there either. I created a panel named test with a page named test1, yet there's no sign of those changes in Titanium_240x320.cpr as I'd expect.

Where have my expectations gone awry?
From what I understand the default panel configuration in the cpr file is for when you create new panels, they use that as a default setup.
I was thinking I'd make a new panel layout in the cpr and try it out.
Something else I just noticed is that it doesn't seem to use any dialing rules. It always dials 1-***-****. I've verified that the dialing rules are setup and that the area code is correct in the custom connection settings. I'm not sure what could be causing this, and at the same time hoping my carrier isn't going to charge me long distance for local calling. lol
Old 03-23-2009, 05:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint RhodiumW (SIM/CID Unlocked), Titan, Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

Tplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Tplane37 Send a message via MSN to Tplane37 Send a message via Yahoo to Tplane37

Okay, I need you Exchange 2003\2007 guys to test this out for me please!

I added a few things to make it more user friendly. I think I have the new Windows Live working, which also threw in MSN Messenger. We have the ability to xfr files via Bluetooth, and I added PocketRAR 3.80 in since there was no file compression software. Flash Video should be able to be played now.

I did not like the stock dialer. This has the Vouge Dialer, which you can make a custom dialer for it easily with TDial (Attached below)...just be sure to select the Vouge Dialer when you are building yours, not the Touch Dialer. I skipped the startup animation this time, so this does boot a little quicker....still not quick enough though.

Office Mobile is in there too, and the Advanced Config and a couple of other tools to keep an eye on what is going on. I added the <Phone Tools> folder again to be sure you can access ##778, ##3424, etc. Just click the icon instead of actually dialing the numbers.

RAM on boot averages ~19.5 MB. Slightly lower average than Beta 1.1, but the initial RAM on boot (the first boot) was 17.41 MB for Beta 1.2 vs. 12.93 MB on Beta 1.1.

Still shows <Contacts> twice on the Titanium screen. Plan on fixing the CPR on the next attempt at perfection if we do not have any major issues.

Try it out.

Titan 21193 Beta 1.2 (with text file)
Attached Files
File Type: zip TDial.zip (570.9 KB, 24 views) Click for barcode!

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-23-2009, 05:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsi76 View Post
Great job!

I found that I just had to do this for the StartMenu_Gridscene CPR files:

- Under Image ID="Image", just set Left="31" and Top="7"

Attached are my files for Landscape and Portrait modes.
Thanks. Don't even remember what is was that didn't work for me visually, but being a dev that deals with HTML/CSS, the left=31 approach wasn't "pure" and would likely have required additional consideration later so I did my best to use centering and containers to get the same effect. Changing to a 3 column layout now require 2 (I think) changes. If you haven't seen it and/or responded already, look a couple posts up for my question about Titanium CPR files. I'm guessing you already have the knowledge to address that.

Last edited by rainabba; 03-23-2009 at 06:01 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software