View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 05:37 PM
rainabba
PPCGeeks Regular

rainabba is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrainabba is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrainabba is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by mssmison View Post
has anyone been able to get the settings panel or any new panels made with chome configurator to work?
I've been meaning to ask a similar question. When I use CHomeConfig, I can add a new panel with pages and even after a softreset, it persists, yet changes like show/hide of other panels do not, and no change I made is visible on the Today screen.

Am I completely confused, or is the "Default Plugin" Titanium, and isn't CHomeConfig the tool intended to modify that plugin?

Titanium_xxxxx.cpr are the file that contain that config I thought as well, but I don't see my changes there either. I created a panel named test with a page named test1, yet there's no sign of those changes in Titanium_240x320.cpr as I'd expect.

Where have my expectations gone awry?

EDIT: I just pulled Titanium_240x320.cpr over to my PC, removed the Photos and PhotosCondensed elements and uploaded back to my phone (not sure if it mattered, but I modified file attributes on the phone first to disable read-only, and system to try and avoid simple file issues). The result was that the "Pictures" entry disappeared after a soft-reset. This leads me to believe that "Titanium" as a plugin is really just a host for other plugins. I expected to see "pictures" as text in the CRP but never did. That makes me think that "Pictures" is a plugin that's either got it's own file, or is built into a DLL somewhere else. It also seems that these CRP files just define where/how certain pre-defined elements are displayed for existing plugins and maybe they allow you to define how additional ones will be displayed. If I'm correct, my next question is, where do I find the actually "pictures" plugin to veryify it exists?

If I'm even somewhat right about this, I think the reason that CHomeConfig isn't behaving as expected is because it's editing the wrong files. At first I thought that maybe it was editing something like Titanium_480x640.cpr instead, but that's not the case. Since SOME of my changes are visible between runs of CHomeConfig, it's clearly persisting SOMETHING. Just don't know what yet.

Still sleuthing.

Last edited by rainabba; 03-23-2009 at 06:42 PM.