View Single Post
Old 03-24-2009, 12:05 AM
Tplane37
PPCGeeks Regular

Tplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Tplane37 Send a message via MSN to Tplane37 Send a message via Yahoo to Tplane37
Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

Okay. The "Comm Manager" in 21189 and 21193 is now called "Wireless Manager." I need to fix this in the SYS, but here is a manual fix for you folks.

Use "Total Commander" instead of the factory File Explorer (This is one of the reason I put Total Commander in these builds ). The icon looks like an old 3.5" Blue floppy disk.

-Go to \Windows

-Scroll down to <wrlsmgr.exe>.

-Tap <wrlsmgr.exe> ONCE.

-At the bottom of the screen, left side.

-Tap "File" then ">>>>> (A)."

-Tap "Create shortcut."

-Tap "Tree" in the window that opens.

-Expand "Windows."

-Expand "Start Menu."

-Tap "Programs."

-Tap "OK" on the lower left of the screen (not the top right).

-Tap "OK" in the window.

-Exit Total Commander.

Now, in your Start Menu, you will see an ugly white Icon that says "wlsmgr." That link belongs with the Blue Icon that keeps throwing the Comm Manager Certificate error. But for now, you have to click the ugly icon to get to your Wireless Manager. I plan to fix this in the next release. ANd now I have to figure out why "Comm Manager" is even coming up at all, since it is no longer part of WM 6.5. This is the Wireless Manager that I said seems limited, but looks good. Give it a shot, and let me know if you have any issues creating this shortcut.

Onto the next step......

This post has been thanked 2 times.