PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2009, 09:36 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdume View Post
Did you see the link I put up a couple of pages back?? Showaco has already done this with the weather tab. But none the less great work!
Yes, I did see the link, -- thanks. That gave me the inspiration to do this. Shoaco's titanium weather cab broke a few thinks for me, and his 4 column start menu was funky IMO, so I made it to my liking.
Old 03-21-2009, 09:57 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

nkhater is a n00b
Angry Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tplane37 View Post
TITAN 21193 Beta 1: Special Thanks to ConFlipper for the Chinese SYS that was used, and for all the hard work thus far. Additional thanks goes to Drellidee for his assistance, couldn't have gotten this far without your help!

Okay, here's my attempt at 21193. This is very basic, no frills. This was built for the XV6800\Titan on Verizon. Carrier Cabs are also linked below to use. I forgot to add the dialer in when I cooked it, so I attached the one that is supposed to be in this build. Feedback is welcome.

Special notes:

Flash the RUU, and let the phone boot to the main splash screen and wait for the beep. Then Hard Reset. And wait............it take a long time to boot on the first boot. If it hasn't loaded after a few minutes, Soft Reset. It should load at this point. You will see the Start Menu button come up, click the start menu and once it goes to the start menu, just click the X and everything is good to go. I am not sure why this is, but it is. After all that is done and out of the way, everything works quite well and rather quick. Soft Resets load as normal and so on. It's just the initial boot that takes a long time, but be patient and you should get to enjoy 21193 on your Titan. Be sure you have Radio: 3.42.50.

And remember, as always, you flash at your own risk, and I am not responsible for anything you do to your device. Enjoy!

<----Click me for Titan_21193_Beta_1_USO_Edition_RUU.

<----Click me for the Dialer that rounds out the package (I forgot it in the kitchen)

<----Click me for DCD's Carrier Cabs

<----Click me for Titan_21193_Beta_1_USO_Edition_RUU. is a dead link
Old 03-21-2009, 10:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint RhodiumW (SIM/CID Unlocked), Titan, Mogul

Tplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Tplane37 Send a message via MSN to Tplane37 Send a message via Yahoo to Tplane37

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkhater View Post
Try it again...It just worked for me when I clicked it.

Old 03-21-2009, 10:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

Quote:
1. Just select the "Windows Default" for your Today screen, and leave everything else unchecked. As to the Start Menu, if you tap the flag, you get an old style drop down menu (this is an add-on from FredSoft, not designed for WM6.5, but some things in it are rather nice), if you tap the Start Menu text, you get the 6.5 honeycomb.
Ok, that's interesting, neat ! But, the problem is if you get a new start menu, and browse down, You'll see a line that says "Show..." if you click that, it will flash the screen and go right back to the home page.

Quote:
2. For the stock dialer (which I have honestly yet to see), I'd have to recook. I have the Vouge dialer in because I am able to customize it. If you post a background image I would be willing to make a different dialer if you like.
If you install your rom as it is now, before installing your Vouge dialer, it would show the same screen but, with the grey/black colors, I'd say leave it there and give the option to install your new one. I didn't find a way to roll back, so I will re-flash to get it back (well, wait for your next build). I am really wondering if there was a new syle default WM 6.5 dialer and what it looked like.

Quote:
3. I haven't figured out how to show pictures from the card yet, but once everything else is smoothed out, I plan on looking into it..
Cool! this one of those little things, I played with this on all builds so far, could never get them to show off the card even tho they are setup correctly \Storage Card\My Documents\My Pictures

Quote:
4. Yeah, I'll have to fix that, thanks for pointing it out. I didn't even realize that one! I'll fix that tonight.

The speed issue gets better after a few Soft Resets. Like I said, I have no idea why this is, it just..is. And my phone and my buddy's 6800 both took a different number of resets before the speed was there. I will fix the camera issue and post another link later tonight.

I will also post one without the Start Menu add-on (Like I said, it was not built for WM6.5 but I liked it and so have others). In the build with just the stock Start Menu, I will leave out the Vouge dialer. I am not sure what will happen though, because I do not recall seeing any files for a dialer in the Chinese SYS. When I post this alternative build, it will be after testing it on my phone to make sure a dialer is even there. Otherwise, I will put the dialer in that was used in 21159 (anyone know which dialer that actually was?).

Thanks for the feedback. I'll get back on these changes after getting my son to bed.
Cool ! Thanks for the update and so far, I like ! BTW Multi quoting is a PIA....
Old 03-21-2009, 10:22 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post

If you install your rom as it is now, before installing your Vouge dialer, it would show the same screen but, with the grey/black colors, I'd say leave it there and give the option to install your new one. I didn't find a way to roll back, so I will re-flash to get it back (well, wait for your next build). I am really wondering if there was a new syle default WM 6.5 dialer and what it looked like.

You can roll back to this dialer with advanced configuration on the Diamond. I dunno if there's a Mogul version of AC or not..
Old 03-21-2009, 11:07 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: vx6800

mr-free is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Let me know if you come across any issues. This is actually the first RUU I have ever worked on from start to finish and posted. So I am a little on the nervous side of things at the moment. But thanks for your comments.
great work Tplane .. you have come a long way .. I can go on vacation now
Radio: 3.42.50
WM6.1 B65 ROM: Titan Reloaded 1.3.3
WM6.5 ROM: 6.5 build 21139 CR3 Titan ROM
WM6.5 ROM: 6.5 build 21159 Beta 5 Titan ROM
WM6.5 ROM: 6.5 build 21169 Beta 2 Titan ROM
PRI: 2.03_002
GPS: aGPSfix (7-9 locks at times)
WM6.x OS Performance Test Thread
UnLock Help
Old 03-21-2009, 11:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Tplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Tplane37 Send a message via MSN to Tplane37 Send a message via Yahoo to Tplane37

Mr. FREE!!!! Where the H E double hockey sticks have you been hiding???? Left me high and dry LOL.

Below are two RUU's. 21189 and 21193. Both are for the Titan once again, and cooked for Verizon. I did not select a dialer this time. I flashed them both, they both boot. There is a plain dialer there, looks out of place on WM 6.5, but that is what the SYS has in it. I just notice the Comm manager does not work. It worked earlier on a different test, but now it is saying that it does not have a trusted Certificate. I am posting these as is for now, if you simply "Can't wait" for me to update this post with the same ROMs that include a different Comm Manager that works...then just install one via CAB. Bee sure to read through my little procedural post on the previous page...I don't think the Titan's like having this much forced down their throats.

The Partiotic boot screens are not in these either. I felt it personally appropriate to do that on my first ROM because of the whole Navy Vet bit...but it's out of my system now.

Camera's work in both. And Advanced Config is in both....stay out of it if you don't know what you're doing!!!

Carrier CABs are in my previous post. Enjoy!

Titan_21189_Beta_1_RUU (with text files)

Titan_21193_Beta_1_RUU (with text files)

Last edited by Tplane37; 03-22-2009 at 09:47 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-21-2009, 11:35 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 6700-->6800-->BB Tour-->Pre-->Droid X

friguy3 is keeping up the good workfriguy3 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to friguy3 Send a message via Yahoo to friguy3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkhater View Post
No camera? Works great though...thanks

Old 03-22-2009, 12:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Added Comm Manager. The only reason I am leaving the other links up at this point is for comparison and testing purposes. For the Camera, I had to select the stock Titan Camera in BuildOS, and during the build, I had to "Overwrite" the existing files. So, yes there is a camera. No it may very well be different than what 21193 may have been intended to have. If someone who is more experienced than I am can look into the camera files and the Comm Manager files that are in <Titan_Beta_1_USO_Edition_RUU> (The firste one I posted), and see if you can get them to work, please do. I ask that if you get the origonal files to work, that you either post them here in the open of PM me to I can change the modules out in my SYS.

I did get a peak at the Comm Manager, and it appears to be similar to what the Samsung Saga comes with stock. I was a completely new look, Fit in very well with WM 6.5, and was clean. I didn't have a chance to play around with it much, but it did seem rather limited. I would deffinately like to see someone customize the 21193 Comm Manager to ad more functions. so check it out in my first post if you're up to it. I can post the files if requested. I am off to bed. I will post 21189 Beta 1.1 with a Comm Manager selection when I get up in the morning.

Titan_21193_Beta_1.1_RUU (with text file)

Last edited by Tplane37; 03-22-2009 at 09:48 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-22-2009, 02:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Wizard, HTC Raphael
Carrier: AT&T Wireless

CRACING is keeping up the good workCRACING is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to CRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrumo View Post
SMS still not working
Quote:
Okay, I double checked the post I have been referring people to, and noticed there isn't a Sprint CAB there. Guess we may have to do this the hard way.

What have you tried already in an attempt to get your SMS working? Have you gone into your Registry at all? If so, what edits have you done? And which version of Arcsoft do you have?

Furthermore, are you flat out unable to send/receive any messages at all? Or is it just the MMS? We'll need a little more information to narrow things down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrumo View Post
It won't let me create a SMS/Text Message, I did not try anything yet
OK, I found these previous posts and I'm too facing the same problem.

BTW; kyrumo, Have you solved this problem?

Please help.......

Thanks and regards

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software