PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2009, 01:44 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Tab
Carrier: Sprint

kyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

Is your SMS working ?
Old 02-14-2009, 02:02 AM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: LG Fathom
Carrier: Verizon

da_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Mine didn't. I had to flash back for the weekend, but I'll be back at it on Tuesday.

- Jesse
Old 02-14-2009, 08:24 AM
Just Havin Fun Pimpin!!!
Pocket PC: xv6800,xv6850(TP)xv6875(TP2),xv6900
Carrier: Verizon

jdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jdume

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrumo View Post
Con has been quite for a couple of days so i'm sure he's working on a better version
I think he said he had to go back to work, and said he would not be on for a couple of days.
WM6.5 Dialer
If you like my work or if I helped you and would like to buy me a cup of coffe click HERE
Old 02-14-2009, 02:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint RhodiumW (SIM/CID Unlocked), Titan, Mogul

Tplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Tplane37 Send a message via MSN to Tplane37 Send a message via Yahoo to Tplane37

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-htc-touch View Post
use tdial, and skin the RAF dialer, it's smardialer skin seems to work good
In TDial, I only have two otions for the dialer: "HTC Vouge (or old Touch)" & "BlueFrog (new Touch)" I have tried using both of these, installing each via the CAB created, as well as copying the files to /Windows. Stock dialer remains. So I read up on some advice from C@rLO$ at the previously linked thread. After reading through that thread, I installed the Big Button Dialer for the Titan, and then replacing the files in the newly created Phone Skin folder. The problem there is that the buttons are not in the correct place, so the Skin looked good visually, but I had two set of numbers and the buttons were mis alligned. I have tried various methods.

At the moment, I really had a time, but I have something that will work for now. But if I change my mind on the dialer, it will be a pain to build another one. I found one CAB that put the buttons in the correct spot and functioned. I then went in and renamed and replace all the files to the images I wanted after toying around for some time to get everything close to the right size. Here's a screen shot of my current Dialer. Now I need to figure out how to change the transparency of the SmartDial window, since the RegFile is either missing or in a different place.

How can I add the RAF option to TDial, if not the RAF, then another 16 button grid with the Smart Dial the crosses the screen?

Old 02-14-2009, 04:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Dream, Kaiser, Herman
Carrier: rogers

dan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIP

sorry, I assumed you were cooking roms being in the 6.5 thread, what you do is create a skin for big button, then replace the graphics in the RAF dialer oem. you will also have to photoshop the smartdial graphics in there to get the full effect.
Old 02-14-2009, 06:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Tplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Tplane37 Send a message via MSN to Tplane37 Send a message via Yahoo to Tplane37

Quote:
sorry, I assumed you were cooking roms being in the 6.5 thread, what you do is create a skin for big button, then replace the graphics in the RAF dialer oem. you will also have to photoshop the smartdial graphics in there to get the full effect.
Yeah, things are pretty stable for me at the moment, so I decided to just handle the dialer separate instead of recooking. Once I get all the various tweaks and utility programs pounded out, I will most likely re-cook and reflash then. But I am 3 days in without any devastating errors, very few errors at all actually.

I've got the dialer issue panned out for the most part now, but I am still unable to adjust the transparency of the SmartDialer window, it seems to be integrated with the functionality of the dialer program itself, and nothing I do is changing that window at all. I am actually considering turning it off all together if I can find it in the Reg. But for now, I went ahead and removed the icons from the picture up above and just put text in instead so it blends better. Now on to the next task....I am running out of ideas (other than the stock keyboard).

What issues are people having right now? The performance related edit I posted previously are keeping things stable and quick. My SMS/MMS is working fine, email is working, SD Card is working. Data connection is working fine, IE8 is working for me as well. GPS worked, then I got the aGPS working too. I cannot test the WiFi at the moment because I don't have a WiFi network to play with while visiting my family out of state. I may actually be to the point of doing a final cook for mine here shortly...unless there are other issues that come up.

Mr-Free, what issues are you still trying to work out of Beta 2? Or have you devoted yourself to Beta 3 now? I feel things are looking pretty good. Anyone on Verizon and using the XV6800, if you are having any issues, post up so we can figure them out.
Old 02-14-2009, 08:36 PM
VIP Member

dan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIP

so, when using sliding panels, there is a brief animation as focus changes, anyone know how to disable this? I think disabling it would speed up scroll action in titanium a great deal
Old 02-14-2009, 09:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
so, when using sliding panels, there is a brief animation as focus changes, anyone know how to disable this? I think disabling it would speed up scroll action in titanium a great deal
Try opening your "Advanced Config" Utility (Mine is located in the Utilities folder in the Programs list/Honeycomb....also in /Windows/AdvancedConfig.exe).

Once there, Expand "User Interface" You should have "Animate windows:" Yes/No and "Animate Menus:" Yes/No. Try changing them to "No" Soft Reset, and see if that makes any difference. That is the only place so far that I have seen mention of being able to edit any animations. But I have only been able to get through roughly 6000 Registry files so far in comparing them to various other ROMs I have flashed...roughly 5000 more entries to examine! LOL.

Let me know if this option helps with turning off the animation you are speaking of, and also if it helps your speed issue.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-14-2009, 09:48 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tplane37 View Post
Try opening your "Advanced Config" Utility (Mine is located in the Utilities folder in the Programs list/Honeycomb....also in /Windows/AdvancedConfig.exe).

Once there, Expand "User Interface" You should have "Animate windows:" Yes/No and "Animate Menus:" Yes/No. Try changing them to "No" Soft Reset, and see if that makes any difference. That is the only place so far that I have seen mention of being able to edit any animations. But I have only been able to get through roughly 6000 Registry files so far in comparing them to various other ROMs I have flashed...roughly 5000 more entries to examine! LOL.

Let me know if this option helps with turning off the animation you are speaking of, and also if it helps your speed issue.
already got that one, that is for general windows behavior, but in the actual titanium panels is what I be talking about, there is mention of framerate in the titanium cpr's, but no mention of animaiton on or off, so not sure it's even possible
Old 02-14-2009, 10:37 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

I can't seem to build a diamond rom with the 21159 xip without an xip error during the build process. End size is smaller than start size or something. I also can't seem to boot sys 21159 on my diamond with a different xip. SYS/OS 21139 works, but is buggy as hell.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software