PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2009, 11:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Dream, Kaiser, Herman
Carrier: rogers

dan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

hmm, are you using to cook? ppckitchen will only insert if buildid in devicebases and buildbases are a match
Old 02-15-2009, 12:10 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Tab
Carrier: Sprint

kyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-htc-touch View Post
hmm, are you using to cook? ppckitchen will only insert if buildid in devicebases and buildbases are a match
Looks real good Dan, what tweaks are you using to speed yours up ?
Old 02-15-2009, 12:17 AM
VIP Member

kyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tplane37 View Post
Yeah, things are pretty stable for me at the moment, so I decided to just handle the dialer separate instead of recooking. Once I get all the various tweaks and utility programs pounded out, I will most likely re-cook and reflash then. But I am 3 days in without any devastating errors, very few errors at all actually.

I've got the dialer issue panned out for the most part now, but I am still unable to adjust the transparency of the SmartDialer window, it seems to be integrated with the functionality of the dialer program itself, and nothing I do is changing that window at all. I am actually considering turning it off all together if I can find it in the Reg. But for now, I went ahead and removed the icons from the picture up above and just put text in instead so it blends better. Now on to the next task....I am running out of ideas (other than the stock keyboard).

What issues are people having right now? The performance related edit I posted previously are keeping things stable and quick. My SMS/MMS is working fine, email is working, SD Card is working. Data connection is working fine, IE8 is working for me as well. GPS worked, then I got the aGPS working too. I cannot test the WiFi at the moment because I don't have a WiFi network to play with while visiting my family out of state. I may actually be to the point of doing a final cook for mine here shortly...unless there are other issues that come up.

Mr-Free, what issues are you still trying to work out of Beta 2? Or have you devoted yourself to Beta 3 now? I feel things are looking pretty good. Anyone on Verizon and using the XV6800, if you are having any issues, post up so we can figure them out.
SMS still not working
Old 02-15-2009, 01:21 AM
VIP Member

dan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrumo View Post
Looks real good Dan, what tweaks are you using to speed yours up ?
just the basic turn off animation in gwe regs, and some cache stuff, scrolling on titanium is crappy, but d-pad nav of that is fine, and I shrunk down honeycomb/organized into subfolders so now there is no scrolling nessesary on start menu. it works out quite well, and I have had this rom running for 4 days now no issues

Now if only I could get titanium to run on my titan.....
Old 02-15-2009, 01:33 AM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-htc-touch View Post
I use Calcu's kitchen tools.
Old 02-15-2009, 01:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint RhodiumW (SIM/CID Unlocked), Titan, Mogul

Tplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Tplane37 Send a message via MSN to Tplane37 Send a message via Yahoo to Tplane37

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrumo View Post
SMS still not working
Okay, I double checked the post I have been referring people to, and noticed there isn't a Sprint CAB there. Guess we may have to do this the hard way.

What have you tried already in an attempt to get your SMS working? Have you gone into your Registry at all? If so, what edits have you done? And which version of Arcsoft do you have?

Furthermore, are you flat out unable to send/receive any messages at all? Or is it just the MMS? We'll need a little more information to narrow things down.

Old 02-15-2009, 01:59 AM
VIP Member

I just downloaded calcu's kitchen to see what the issue might be, and had no issue, maybee you caught a bad download and something is corrupted, to insert the xip, I put os.nb.payload in mytools/os.nb.payload, and xip_out.bin in xip_new_ported, then ran the kitchnd cmd chose 5:insert xip and all went well, it created the rom folder with no issues.
Old 02-15-2009, 02:04 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tplane37 View Post
Okay, I double checked the post I have been referring people to, and noticed there isn't a Sprint CAB there. Guess we may have to do this the hard way.

What have you tried already in an attempt to get your SMS working? Have you gone into your Registry at all? If so, what edits have you done? And which version of Arcsoft do you have?

Furthermore, are you flat out unable to send/receive any messages at all? Or is it just the MMS? We'll need a little more information to narrow things down.
It won't let me create a SMS/Text Message, I did not try anything yet
Old 02-15-2009, 02:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond/Pro/TP2

kski71 is becoming a great contributor

I have a VOGUE and this kitchen will not work for me. With the 1st set of system files the messaging, missed calls, ect. are not showing up, just little boxes where words should be.(titanium) When I try the sys files con posted in post 31 I get an error in the buildos, "data exception base_lang_0409...searching for dsm file". Can someone plz help?
Old 02-15-2009, 03:00 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

SOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIP

i got the same issue here w/sms on a diamond

*i just received a txt, it shows up in the today screen, you can click on it to open messaging but when you click on the message the txt in the line disappears. if you hit the reply softkey nothing happens, if you hit menu and scroll down to reply/reply all and click nothing happens other than the menu disappearing.

Last edited by SOHKis; 02-15-2009 at 03:40 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software