PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2009, 11:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: Alltel

chevyforlife is keeping up the good workchevyforlife is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to chevyforlife
Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

if you could get a titan/ppc6800 one working you would a legendary man whose skills of porting things were stuff of legend.

~chevy
Radio: 3.42.50
Old 02-16-2009, 11:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

-berlin- is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to -berlin-

ok I am new to the developing sites so the link posted is not yet runnable for the Titan(Mogul) and if not what is the .rar file it is linked to for the titan. sorry I'm new to this stuff
Old 02-16-2009, 11:23 PM
MIA
Pocket PC: All HTC CDMA PPC
Threadstarter

conflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyforlife View Post
if you could get a titan/ppc6800 one working you would a legendary man whose skills of porting things were stuff of legend.

~chevy
I have it going on Titan, I am redoing my qvga system tonight, once i have everything ready, I will release a base rom for everyone to give a shot.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 02-16-2009, 11:25 PM
Lurker

-berlin- is a n00b

ok that answers my question lol. Im ecited to try the ROM for Titan
Old 02-16-2009, 11:41 PM
Lurker

-berlin- is a n00b

another question is ther a good chance i can ruin my device if I put this on it or is it generally safer than some sites make it out to be?
Old 02-16-2009, 11:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch-HTC Touch Pro

patrickgies is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to patrickgies Send a message via MSN to patrickgies Send a message via Yahoo to patrickgies

hello everyone...thanks for all the updates on this and what not...i am so excited....but i am way toooo much of a noob to try this on my own right now....i am hoping CON gets the touch pro working great...i hear he is very close and getting bribes not do anymore hahah....either way....

Anyone out there have a simplistic set of instructions on how to do all the sys and xip thing...i am confused on what that stuff means....sorry probably not the right place to talk...but if i could figure that out...perhaps i could help out more...i am pretty good with computers
Old 02-17-2009, 12:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

sanvara is becoming a great contributor
Re: Windows Mobile 6.5 Beta 2

Looks like an improvement to me.
Old 02-17-2009, 12:33 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Xv6900
Carrier: verizon wireless

corypaul is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by conflipper View Post
I have it going on Titan, I am redoing my qvga system tonight, once i have everything ready, I will release a base rom for everyone to give a shot.
not to be bossy but can u post the qvga system u using because the others give me errors
Old 02-17-2009, 12:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

m_reyna_16 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_reyna_16 View Post
do you all know how to make calku's kitchen work with the titan, when i want to build a rom, it only gives me 3 choices (i think it is the diamond, touch pro and i dont know which other one).
anybody?
Old 02-17-2009, 01:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint RhodiumW (SIM/CID Unlocked), Titan, Mogul

Tplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Tplane37 Send a message via MSN to Tplane37 Send a message via Yahoo to Tplane37

CON,
First off you're doing some excellent work here, and I hope I haven't offended you in directing people over to XDA by linking the 21159 Beta 2 for the Titan's in my signature.

I am curious, which build are you working on for the Titan's and QVGA devices? I have been running the 21159 Beta 2 for about a week now with very few issues. It is stable, but has a lot of stuff that I don't need or use, but because many of the programs are cooked into the ROM, it is hard to make them go away to free up Program memory.

Now that I have toyed around with this version, I have this little twitch going on that is from my desire to do more, but have hit a road block. I have Extracted the RUU_Signed.nbh and achieved making the Dump folder....but cannot seem to get it into an actual Kitchen to select my programs for the lighter build.

Can someone advise or direct me to a thread to help out with the next step here? And by the way, I wrote a simple little Batch file for the Titan's to extract the RUU_Signed.nbh through to the Dump. It's not much, but beats the heck out of staring at a screen tapping my fingers to wait for the next step. I'll post it below if anyone wants it. you can rename it what ever you want. Just make sure you have a DOS prompt shortcut in your "Tools" directory in the Kitchen.

Feel free to use the "Edit" function to go in and verify my commands, if you want to use this file for a device other than the Titan, you will have to type in "edit NBHToDump.bat" from your command prompt and change "-Titan" to the command for your device. This uses all the pre-existing tools, so they must be present in the directory as well, and your Dump Folder will be placed in the tools folder you ran the Batch file from.

Simply UnRAR and add this Batch file to the Tools folder in your kitchen, ensure the following tools are also in the same folder:
-NBHToDump.bat
-Command Prompt shortcut (to create this, right click in your "Tools" folder, select >New>Shortcut: "%SystemRoot%\system32\cmd.exe")
-NBHExtract
-NBSplit
-ImgfsFromNb
-ImgfsToDump
-RecMod
-And of course, the "RUU_Signed.nbh" you wish to dump.

This also creates all the same files as the above commands individually, but you only have to type in "NBHToDump" at your command prompt.

Like I said, I would like to know where to go from here. Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: rar NBHToDump.rar (200 Bytes, 15 views) Click for barcode!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software