PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2009, 08:30 AM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomelements View Post
OK guys, this may be a total noobish question, but...

You've got the two versions numbers in about: CE OS and build.

Where do both build numbers come from exactly?

I've been building roms for the Nike using an older kitchen (if it ain't broke don't fix it). The build number is reflected ok but the CE OS always stays the same.

I see to remember someone saying it cam from the .ROM and is therefore device specific (if you have no new .ROM then you're out of luck). Is this the case?

Is there a way to hex edit the CE OS version?

Thanks.
The .ROM does not have any numbers in it and it is not device specific per se, but does matter if your kernel is a native 6.5 or not. (anyone may feel free to correct me on this)

The only other place to hex edit version numbers in is in your nk.exe. That's the number you see when your phone is booting up.

The first version number you see comes from the XIP, the other? It obviously comes from the SYS base, but I am not sure on where.

Last edited by joojoobee666; 06-28-2009 at 09:12 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-28-2009, 09:23 AM
Lurker

randomelements is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Thanks.

So, it looks like I may not be porting the XIP correctly if that's the case as the CE OS version never changes for me (always says 21501 - which I presume is coming from the device XIP not the donor) but the SYS is ok.

HardSPL v1.22
Radio: 1.71.09.01

Using my own wm6.5 ROM - info and download here:

RE-ROM WM6.5 23001 for Nike
Old 06-28-2009, 09:31 AM
PPCKitchen Crew

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Thanks.

So, it looks like I may not be porting the XIP correctly if that's the case as the CE OS version never changes for me (always says 21501 - which I presume is coming from the device XIP not the donor) but the SYS is ok.

That would be my presumption as well. That number comes from one of the dsm's in the XIP. Where is your XIP coming from and what kitchen are you using?
Old 06-28-2009, 09:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: GSM Diamond BlueAngel Himalaya Charmer
Carrier: orange uk

swampy395 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularswampy395 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularswampy395 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Thanks.

sounds to me like your xip is not getting updated by your kitchen I don't have a nike but with blueangel we have to inject the xip into the *.nb that's in the ROM folder to get xip updated try swappying the *.nb with another maybe someone here could post one for you or download a nike 21820 and dump it use the *.nb into your rom folder and build see if that works
regards
swampy395
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-28-2009, 12:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC P3400i (Gene) (QVGA, OMAP 850 201 Mhz, 64 MB RAM, 128 MB ROM)
Carrier: Idea Cellular, India

krazy_about_technology is keeping up the good workkrazy_about_technology is keeping up the good workkrazy_about_technology is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to krazy_about_technology Send a message via Yahoo to krazy_about_technology

Well from what i know, the CE OS version comes from this dsm in the xip : 723fb954-d931-4348-b672-82a188e587b5.dsm because earlier when i didn't used to update it, my XIP showed new build no but older CS OS version. Build number i believe comes from coredll.dll, but i could be wrong.
Old 06-28-2009, 01:13 PM
PPCKitchen Crew

Totally unrelated.....but...

Billy Mays, R.I.P.

July 20, 1958 – June 28, 2009
Old 06-28-2009, 01:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by joojoobee666 View Post
Totally unrelated.....but...

Billy Mays, R.I.P.

July 20, 1958 – June 28, 2009
Yea, a little off topic but, wow, I was really starting to get into the show "Pitchmen".....
Old 06-28-2009, 06:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

psyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
That looks pretty cool, unfortunately I hate windows search and use the search built into Directory Opus. I trust it's results much better (albeit slower) and it gets the crap beat out of it with my kitchen folders on a regular basis.
Wingrep! Search *.rgu or *.whatever for any string you like. One of my favorite tools

Like my work? Hit
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-28-2009, 06:21 PM
Lurker

randomelements is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampy395 View Post
sounds to me like your xip is not getting updated by your kitchen I don't have a nike but with blueangel we have to inject the xip into the *.nb that's in the ROM folder to get xip updated try swappying the *.nb with another maybe someone here could post one for you or download a nike 21820 and dump it use the *.nb into your rom folder and build see if that works
regards
swampy395
Hit the nail on the head there. Used a different os.nb.payload - looked liked the xip wasn't getting written in correctly. Works great now.
Old 06-28-2009, 07:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

qball1616 is keeping up the good workqball1616 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to qball1616 Send a message via Yahoo to qball1616

Quote:
Not necessarily. They should look like this:
Code:
      <parm name="ThemeColors"
       value="AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABAAAAABAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABAAAABAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAQAAAA8AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA="
       datatype="binary"/>
      <parm name="ThemeValues"
       value="AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP///wAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP///wD///8AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA////AP///wAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALV7PAP///wAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA////AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA="
       datatype="binary"/>
I assume you are referring to the one in either "base_dpi_192_resh_480_resv_640" or "base_dpi_96_resh_240_resv_320". Where did you get your SYS base from?
sorry for the delay in the response back, but i took the rest of Saturday off and spent it with my wife. I downloaded Da_G's kitchen and then i believe i used the QVGA SYS that you posted.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software