View Single Post
Old 06-28-2009, 08:30 AM
joojoobee666
PPCKitchen Crew

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomelements View Post
OK guys, this may be a total noobish question, but...

You've got the two versions numbers in about: CE OS and build.

Where do both build numbers come from exactly?

I've been building roms for the Nike using an older kitchen (if it ain't broke don't fix it). The build number is reflected ok but the CE OS always stays the same.

I see to remember someone saying it cam from the .ROM and is therefore device specific (if you have no new .ROM then you're out of luck). Is this the case?

Is there a way to hex edit the CE OS version?

Thanks.
The .ROM does not have any numbers in it and it is not device specific per se, but does matter if your kernel is a native 6.5 or not. (anyone may feel free to correct me on this)

The only other place to hex edit version numbers in is in your nk.exe. That's the number you see when your phone is booting up.

The first version number you see comes from the XIP, the other? It obviously comes from the SYS base, but I am not sure on where.

Last edited by joojoobee666; 06-28-2009 at 09:12 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.