PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2008, 08:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 Powered by MightyRom 012010
Carrier: Verizon

cororumrex is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
does anyone think that perhaps sprint/htc programers leak these unfinished roms on here so all you guys can work out the kinks for them?
Old 01-26-2008, 09:19 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul > TP1 > TP2 > Arrive > SGS3 > SGS4 > LG G4
Carrier: Sprint

esqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberius85 View Post
I'm pretty pissed at this right now. 1 I cant get the GPS to work. 2. my sound doesnt work on it. 3. My contacts, emails, and text messages refuse to restore via sprite backup. 4. i can't reinstall 2.17 or go back. and ON TOP of this, the phone doesnt work either! DO NOT install this rom unless you can afford to screw your phone up.
Try disabling roaming. That way your phone "MIGHT" get a signal. I have the exact same problem. It only finds a carrier is I have the phone in one spot in my room. A soft reset can mean that I cant find signal for a while.
Old 01-26-2008, 09:26 AM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
I'm pretty pissed at this right now. 1 I cant get the GPS to work. 2. my sound doesn't work on it. 3. My contacts, emails, and text messages refuse to restore via sprite backup. 4. i can't reinstall 2.17 or go back. and ON TOP of this, the phone doesn't work either! DO NOT install this rom unless you can afford to screw your phone up.
Maybe you should say "Dont install this rom if you dont know what your doing".You should not lead people astray because of your own problems.It screwed up mine a bit to and a few other cats but we fixed them and mine works GREAT as of almost a full day running it. I know there are a lot of posts but all of the problems your havening have been discussed here already.DO INSTALL this rom if you want.Just do your research first.Make some notes while your reading.

Last edited by Lsme420; 01-26-2008 at 09:29 AM.
Old 01-26-2008, 09:44 AM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by klurf8881 View Post
It MIGHT NOT be but i wouldnt say for sure since that was only 6 weeks ago. But i would agree with its current form i dont see it as being the ROM theyre releasing if it really is released this week or two here. Way too many problems with it still.

agreed, this stuff isnt for beginners. Hell ive been here 1.5 years and other boards over 2-3 years and had PPCs for years and i still get leary tinkering with ROMs even when i mostly know what im doing. Definitely not a noobie friendly thing to try. thats why they say do at your own risk.........and MORE IMPORTANTLY know how to get back to where you were before doing anythign!!

And you know whats so sad? These so call nOObs try all these different things, then mess up, then blame everyone else for their problems or they don't understand why no one wants to help them. This site is so informative that if everyone just took the time to damn read then you wouldn't have any problems for the most part. My install went flawlessly, not one single hang up or restart or anything, I didn't have to re-provision anything, my gps fired right up(googlemaps and live), even sprintnav or whatever its called works for me but in any case I credit all of my success with the mogul to the wonderful people on ppcgeeks as well as my ability to actually take that time and read my ass off before I go messings things up.
Old 01-26-2008, 09:48 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: TMO

ScottC is a n00b
Install went fine (hung at 11% like everyone else) but recovered itself. It worked perfectly overnight, email coming in nicely. Haven't tried GPS yet. One time this morning it wouldn't wake up from sleep, but I'm used to that on WM...

I'm hoping this is not how the final rom will be since we don't have any enhancements the Touch has (HTC Home, SprintTV etc...).
Old 01-26-2008, 10:00 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC 6800 (Mogul), EVO 4G

Goddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to Goddbody Send a message via Yahoo to Goddbody
Ok time to report back my experiences with the New ROM Update. After trying several times unsuccessfully to update the ROM and being stuck in bootloader oblivian I ran into this thread Vista ROM Update Issues. I followed these instructions and on my very next attempt to update it connected and ran the ROM update. It appears that Vista users needed to get that Active sync 4.5 driver installed on their PC to help with the ROM Update. After the update completed it reset auto matically, I I noticed the speed for Web Browsing and Tethering increased nearly three times as fast. So I think the Rev A is working. I tried the GPS and saw the lil beakin on my handset's screen but it didn't kick in, so I waited until I got to work this morning and went outside and after about 5 minutes it kick in full force running on level 5 @ about 210 kps. Woot Woot! However, I still have some issues. I can make calls, but all incoming calls go directly to my voice mail. Also in Phone settings my number is listed as (000) 000-4330 which is incorrect. Can anyone help with this issue?
Old 01-26-2008, 10:12 AM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Try this for your Phone #. Dial ##778# then click edit, then enter your MSL as the password,go down to view info Choose NAM Settings then Mobile Directory Number edit that to your phone number. (555-555-5555)

Last edited by Lsme420; 01-26-2008 at 10:42 AM.
Old 01-26-2008, 10:15 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC 6800 (Mogul), EVO 4G

Goddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to Goddbody Send a message via Yahoo to Goddbody
Is there anyway to obtain my MSL without having to contact Sprint?
Old 01-26-2008, 10:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

hellraiser_osu knows their stuffhellraiser_osu knows their stuffhellraiser_osu knows their stuffhellraiser_osu knows their stuffhellraiser_osu knows their stuffhellraiser_osu knows their stuff
Everything hunky dorey

On XP
Was originally on custom DCD rom with 1.47 radio.
Flashed to 2.17 from HTC.
Ran re-locker
Ran ROM update and the phone stopped at 11% and reset itself a few times then continued
Let customizations run
Live and Google Maps works. Tom Tom only worked when I used one of the two to grab a GPS signal first.. Settings for the GPS are Other NMEA Gps Riever, 9600 Baud rate, Com4
Web browsing seems a lot snappier. In my house it would lag when trying to grab web pages hence I used wifi a lot. Now everything comes up really quick without wifi
GPS doesn't work in my house as I had to be in the car or outside to grab a signal.
So far really digging it and haven't ran into any problems.
Old 01-26-2008, 10:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo pro Soon to be Touch pro 2

remlle is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via ICQ to remlle Send a message via AIM to remlle Send a message via Yahoo to remlle
Quote:
I'm pretty pissed at this right now. 1 I cant get the GPS to work. 2. my sound doesnt work on it. 3. My contacts, emails, and text messages refuse to restore via sprite backup. 4. i can't reinstall 2.17 or go back. and ON TOP of this, the phone doesnt work either! DO NOT install this rom unless you can afford to screw your phone up.
you have noone but yourself to be pissed at. you chose to do this upgrade that was not sprint supported and there are dozens or more people here who have done this with little to no problems. I being one of them. the issues your having sound like you dont know what your doing. make sure you reboot the phone a couple times. it may take that to get things going right. but you should be able to back the system back to the old rom.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development