PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2008, 10:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

car_lost is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to car_lost
In my opinion, the potential problems are not worth the benefits.
Old 02-13-2008, 02:32 PM
N00b

motrid is a n00b
I presently am running the 3.16 "unofficial" release and am quite pleased. GPS works, Data seems faster, but I have one large problem. Every time iA try to send an email from the Mogul using Outlook and our exchange server multiple copies are sent. The phone will sync, deliver the message but it stays in the outbox until 3 or more messages are sent. I have Push turned off in the connection manager.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

motrid
Old 02-13-2008, 03:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: iPhone 6 Plus 128gb
Carrier: AT&T

jtrag is keeping up the good workjtrag is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to jtrag Send a message via MSN to jtrag Send a message via Yahoo to jtrag Send a message via Skype™ to jtrag
I'm going to test out this ROM. I may cook something up with it and see if I can improve some things while still keeping Rev. a and GPS functional. I'll play around with it some today and see what I come up with. I'll keep you guys posted.
Old 02-13-2008, 11:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul

bostonaaron is a n00b
I'm getting up to about 1Mbps with the 3.16 rom, although it seems to vary widely, and the GPS is working fairly well.

I can't however, get the Good software to work. It installs and downloads the mail in my inbox, but then does not update. Has anyone gotten this to work with 3.16?

Thanks.
Old 02-14-2008, 04:36 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

shuriken is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonaaron View Post
I'm getting up to about 1Mbps with the 3.16 rom, although it seems to vary widely, and the GPS is working fairly well.

I can't however, get the Good software to work. It installs and downloads the mail in my inbox, but then does not update. Has anyone gotten this to work with 3.16?

Thanks.
so you need this rom to see rev. a speeds? i'm in seattle metro area, but i'm not seeing anything close to 1Mbps (still around 150-200).

i'm a newb and don't want to brick my phone, but i'll definitely upgrade once an official release comes out for the gps and rev a...any clue when that'll be?
Old 02-14-2008, 09:03 AM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I found the process to upgrade to 3.16 somewhat frustrating. The installer must have failed 6 times before it would actually take and install. After it did install I had to input all of my phone info, msid, esn, etc to make it work. I had the fear of god in me when my phone said "please dial #2 to activate your phone" after the upgrade. The gps is cool but the rom is not that great and somewhat sluggish compared to 2.17 so i would not even waste my time unless you really need gps and have a decent program to run it. Yes google earth in your car on the way to work everyday will get old fast Now i need to go research what i have to do to my phone to install a factory rom after this one...phew
Old 02-14-2008, 01:15 PM
Lurker

enjigz is a n00b
First, major props to kmartburrito for providing this.

I read this entire thread (only took about 3 hours), took some notes, and upgraded my phone. I originally had 2.14 and the BT audio sucked. 2.17 fixed that problem but of course no GPS.

My experience upgrading to 3.16 was painless and I didn't have any trouble whatsoever. No failures, no lockups -- nothing. I didn't need and relockers because everything was stock. I did not have to re-enter any MSN/MSID/ESN/etc.

It does seem a little sluggish but not really much more so than 2.17 (2.14 did seem faster, if memory serves). The GPS works great. I don't have to wait very long for a fix, even in my house.

Based on my experience, I recommend trying this ROM if you are at all curious. Aforementioned posts state that it's pretty hard to really brick the phone and there are ways out of it.
Old 02-14-2008, 02:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Raphael (Touch Pro)

Cumulus is a n00b
i hesitated for several days after reading through this thread up to like page 33 and skimming through page 50-some (where it ended at the time), and then I went ahead and moved to this ROM and I had absolutely no problems and have never had any problems. I did write down every setting ever listed and known to man in PST, first, which I found to be a waste of time... I never needed to change a setting and never had any headaches. the 11% crap everyone notes appears to simply be a boot loader upgrade, and was meant to be there.
Old 02-14-2008, 08:20 PM
Lurker

enjigz is a n00b
Re: 3.16.651.0 IS real, and so is GPS - Link inside - NOT official release

not for me it doesn't. I can send an MMS, but it gets blocked by Sprint. I receive an error about 3s after I send. As far as receiving, they come in as links to the pm site.

Did you have to do anything special?
Old 02-14-2008, 09:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic

JohnnyOnTheSpot is becoming a great contributor
Re: 3.16.651.0 IS real, and so is GPS - Link inside - NOT official release

Ok, here's the deal...I've tried to get through this thread and I've made it up to page 20 but due to the wonky ass server it keeps freezing, stopping, and it takes forever to load a page. I haven't done much of anything to my phone in months, and my last update was the one that was released a little while after the launch I think. I want to do the update but I have a few very stupid questions that I could not find the answers to in my search...

-Is a hard reset required, or does it happen at all during this process? I really am skeptical to erase everything on my phone again, even though I've backed up most on Active Sync, I just haven't done this crap in a while and will probably forget most of the tweaks that I've made.
-Does it mess up Active Sync? I've read of couple references to that but I haven't found the answers.
-Is there anything I would have to do with my stock rom other than simply run the file via my PC? I've seen a couple instances in this thread and the guide in Updates that kind of confuse me and I'm not too sure.

Honestly, what it comes down to is I'm not a genius with this stuff and I'm just not sure if this is worth it. Thanks a lot guys, and I hope my mental lapses don't piss anyone off.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development