PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2008, 04:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC "Snap"
Carrier: Sprint

matt314159 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VulnoX View Post
For those of you who have tethered, does it say connecting as Phone as Modem and is that normal? Thanks!
I'm tethered right now testing it out, but I just dropped the "Extension"="rilphone.dll"

from [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing]. Then from there, i used PIE to start a data session, and then started internet sharing, chose sprintpcs, and clicked connect, then attached the USB cable and it went online same as before.

Last night I was seeing speeds consistently in excess of 900kbps down, 400kbps up, with latency between 95 and 105ms.

Today I'm seeing speeds more along the lines of 600kbps down, 400kbps up, with latency between 130 and 150ms.
Old 01-26-2008, 04:17 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by starrbri View Post
...I haven't seen a phone that can do much better with bluetooth on all day with wifi and heavy evdo. And please don't say the touch can because my roommate has it and it last about the same. ....
Please re-read my post. I never said the Touch can do that. I said the Touch is much better in an environment where it switches in/out of roaming. I said exactly that - nothing more or nothing less.

And since the Touch doesn't have wifi, I'm pretty sure it can't do that. :=)
Old 01-26-2008, 04:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

sandiegodude is just getting started
Anyone else have an issue with getting a EVDO/1xrt signal after soft reset? It's taking me over 5 minutes each time. even after hard reset.
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

bushd is a n00b
First try easy install. Just make sure it goes to 1% and walk away like someone said earlier. Google maps has me within 10 feet but I was inside the house. I may see how Live Search works after I download it. This is perfect too because I lost my keychain GPS about a month ago.
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeriginal View Post
How would you format a microSD card with Fat 32...
Put it in a USB adapter and format using your computer. Choose FAT32, not FAT/FAT16.
Old 01-26-2008, 04:24 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO3D
Carrier: Sprint 4g Dallas

dallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus_cruz View Post
OK These are the settings I had have in my phone for GPS to work.. I'm not sure if all these were required but this is what I did.

I rebooted my main pc prior to flashing to the new ROM with GPS to clear out any cobwebs that may have caused the process to fail.

Connected my Phone/PDA via activesync, and started the ROM update. I had an original sprint ROM so I didnt need to unlock my phone.

While flashing the phone I was at 11% and then it kinda paused rebooted, it did this a few times then continued on past 11%. Have patience dont touch anything dont move your mouse, dont surf the net while this is going on.

Once the phone went through its customizations all was well, I did the IOTA update and got all my settings for internet.

GPS didnt work right away. I write code for GPS apps for the company I work for, and there seems to be an association process that needs to go on at the satellit before the satellite will send GPS data. So be patient, it took my almost 40 minutes before the process started, I had a cup of coffee outside, "Largo FL" although it is a bit chilly here not too bad. I'm from chicago so I know COLD.
also have your live search open, have the option "Center On GPS" checked in the menu when viewing a map. The icon will turn from the gray/yellow to orangish red. At least it did for me, also it will start changing direction. It does work in the house, but not as good as outside.

Set your External GPS setting in the system control panel on your phone in the software port settings to COM4, and leave the other as "Let windows Automatically Manage" this will keep your Hardware COM port to "None".

Now set your map application to use COM4. Well at least for livesearch I cant say for others as I dont use them. I've always good data transmission so I cant tell on the Rev. A stuff.

Now if someone can tell me how to get my activesync working again, that would be great. It wont complete the "retrieving settings" to go into guest mode.
I also can not get Activesnyc to work.
Old 01-26-2008, 04:26 PM
Let me count thy wounds
Pocket PC: Photon 4G

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yay 4 Juggs View Post
Thank's Juggy. Even though I just downloaded the file from this link, I kust renamed it to "exe" at the end by adding the missing "e", but i'll install this one in a bit. Imma tip the scales and do the Lights Out dance on them after this.
If you are literally serving shit to American children, or knowingly spinning a wheel where it is not unlikely that you will eventually serve shit – if that’s your business model? Then I got no problems with a jury of your peers wiring your nuts to a car battery and feeding you the accumulated sweepings from the bottom of a monkey cage. In fact, I’ll hold the spoon.” -Ralph Dunlop-
Old 01-26-2008, 04:32 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TouchPro Upscaled to 800mhz + REV/B = Fast as hell
Carrier: Nimitz

Raging Idiot is keeping up the good workRaging Idiot is keeping up the good work
dallas contractor Do what I told you.

Raging Idiot
Old 01-26-2008, 04:39 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TouchPro Upscaled to 800mhz + REV/B = Fast as hell
Carrier: Nimitz

Raging Idiot is keeping up the good workRaging Idiot is keeping up the good work
Notes I've made...
Windows Update fails to connect.
Things appear faster due to less crap from old custom roms.
I'm not yet convinced REVA is enabled.
Install process requires a minimum of 200mb free memory.
Best installed with no other apps running in background.
Wait time minimal 5 minutes for initial connection provisioning to take place.

Many will have to disable advanced network functionality to get activesync to function. (as I described on previous page to Dallas Contractor)

Last edited by Raging Idiot; 01-26-2008 at 04:43 PM.
Old 01-26-2008, 04:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Surround
Carrier: AT&T

Tiberius85 is keeping up the good workTiberius85 is keeping up the good work
Sorry about being so negative and getting all pissed off. I fixed all the problems I was having very easily. This rom isnt the devil.. Sprite backup is satan and totally messed up the phone.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development