PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2008, 06:01 AM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Mine only reset one time on me - 11%. It completed flawlessly after that - and this was Vista
Old 01-26-2008, 06:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

htcphone is a n00b
And keep in mind that HTC emailed me saying that the Mogul does not have GPS capabilities. DAmn.. why did I delete that email. I wonder what else they are hiding.... "vid drivers?"
Old 01-26-2008, 06:25 AM
*SCREEEEEECH*

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff
I was about to post about how the UI seems much smoother. Haven't tried video yet but the UI seems to draw quicker and I don't notice as much lag when scrolling on PIE unless I'm on a huge site like Engadget.
Old 01-26-2008, 06:49 AM
*SCREEEEEECH*

I may just go back for good, I haven't decided yet. The Touch is nice but I miss my wifi and my keyboard. Rev A and GPS may push me over the edge.... it was awesome to be sitting in my bedroom, pop open live search, click GPS, and see my exact position in the house show up in less than two minutes.

Only thing that sucks is my data provisioning isn't working - stupid error 1012
Old 01-26-2008, 06:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

teddat is just getting started
Anyone else believe this leaked ROM plays into htc/sprints favor for getting an initial reaction. Then over this weekend they can decide to release or not release the official ROM on the 28th.

Im still hoping they release one on the 28th as previously stated.
Old 01-26-2008, 07:26 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

rstcso is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddat View Post
Anyone else believe this leaked ROM plays into htc/sprints favor for getting an initial reaction. Then over this weekend they can decide to release or not release the official ROM on the 28th.

Im still hoping they release one on the 28th as previously stated.
I don't think it plays into their hands for a number of reasons. Also, I was fortunate because my upgrade went flawlessly, but others have had serious problems. Until they make flashing the ROM more stable, they're asking for a flood of tech support calls. I think the 28th is too soon, for this leaked, I mean pre-release, ROM anyway.

Sprint is selling the Mogul as their top-of-the-line phone. For now, there's nothing they offer I'd want to buy (my fingers are too fat for the touch ). Why not have the phone enabled with all its capabilities? This may stop the bleeding of customer's we hear and read about, endear us to them and maybe entice others to Sprint. When a phone with a faster processor, more RAM and a higher resolution screen becomes available on Sprint, if it's not crippled because it wasn't fully enabled to utilize them, I'd buy it and pass the Titan to the wife .

Last edited by rstcso; 01-26-2008 at 07:29 AM.
Old 01-26-2008, 07:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

sj808 is just getting started
damn, I haven't been to the board in awhile (because I just got a PS3 and all my leisure time goes to that)... then I check in and blaow!

Ok, since this ain't an official release and I'm reading there's people experiencing problems... I guess I'll sit back and be patient.

plus, I rather have a GPS update on my Touch. I am/will not go back to the mogul.

but damn, this is a very good look for HTC right now.
Old 01-26-2008, 08:28 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

dkincaid is keeping up the good workdkincaid is keeping up the good workdkincaid is keeping up the good work
Release

The rom date on this is 12/5. It's doubtful that this is the most current beta rom that is out. I'm sure there are many revisions of the beta roms inbetween releases. We just happened to get our hands on this one in the series.
Old 01-26-2008, 08:38 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Raphel
Carrier: Spring

Nunim is a n00b
I don't see much of a speed difference, but I haven't taken it to somewhere that I may have better coverage. GPS is working nicely though
Old 01-26-2008, 08:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Surround
Carrier: AT&T

Tiberius85 is keeping up the good workTiberius85 is keeping up the good work
I'm pretty pissed at this right now. 1 I cant get the GPS to work. 2. my sound doesnt work on it. 3. My contacts, emails, and text messages refuse to restore via sprite backup. 4. i can't reinstall 2.17 or go back. and ON TOP of this, the phone doesnt work either! DO NOT install this rom unless you can afford to screw your phone up.

Last edited by Tiberius85; 01-26-2008 at 08:51 AM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development