PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2008, 07:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2; HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

tpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nautica2450 View Post
I was tethering my laptop yesterday and TWICE i was able to receive incoming calls while i was connected thru internet sharing. i was downloading the latest ep of LOST when the call came thru, and i was expecting it to loose the connection to my d/l and make me start all the way over... but it never did. i was able to accept my call which only lasted maybe 1-2 mins but it also continued to d/l and i was still able to browse at the same time. i almost didnt even realize what was happening until halfway thru the conversation and then i was like OMG how am i talking, d/ling and browsing all at once?!

when i get home i'll be trying again, but i just havent seen anyone else report this yet. i know there were many questions as to if this were possible, but never any answers. Well son, i got my answer. I hope this will work for others, it surely cant just be me.
That sounds really interesting, especially considering how CDMA technology works. The reason we (normally) can't browse the web and talk at the same time is because of how EVDO is configured. Either your data, or voice travel on a single channel. ATT (WCDMA and GSM) opens an additional channel when you want to use data while on voice call. This is why as far as network optimization goes, CDMA is so much more efficient then GSM. I will ask my buddy who works for Qualcomm and worked on this project more about this anomally.

Tp
Old 02-11-2008, 08:42 PM
jayill

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Wow it really works...thank you...this is the best..
Old 02-11-2008, 10:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Snap

warparrot is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrainSafe View Post
Have you tried the audio out with the 2.5mm splitter, or just the usb? It seems that several of us have documented that the audio function isn't performing. I'm curious if that is universal with this ROM, or just an isolated issue.
I too am having audio problems....but it doesn't sound like the ones you guys are describing.

I flashed to 3.16 a coupla days ago, was a stock 3.17 before and it went off without a hitch...BUT...a day or two later my windows media player stopped working. I mean, it looks like its working, but not sound comes out of the speaker, out of the USB, or thru my bluetooth stereo headphones. The system sounds and other media players (using HTC's media player) work just fine.

Anyone else having this problem?
Old 02-11-2008, 10:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mogul
Carrier: sprint

sampr01 is a n00b
can someone point me to old unlocker (sprint mogul)? i'm facing problems with powersave/sleep mode issues on 2.17. Before upgrading to 2.17 i failed to upgrade to 3.xx using the procedure mentioned in this thread.
Old 02-12-2008, 12:52 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Imagio (prev. Titan 6800)
Carrier: Verizon

ftropea is a n00b
Verizon XV6800?

Does this GPS enabling rom work on the Verizon XV6800?
Old 02-12-2008, 01:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

jason559 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via ICQ to jason559 Send a message via MSN to jason559
Is this Revision A?

I just ran this test from a tethered PC, are these results revision A speeds? I'm in a Rev A area on my Mogul running the ROM from this thread with 2 bars of service, upload seems to show fast, but slow download?:

:::.. Download Stats ..:::
Download Connection is:: 348 Kbps about 0.3 Mbps (tested with 1496 kB)
Download Speed is:: 42 kB/s
Tested From:: http://testmy.net/ (Main)
Test Time:: 2008/02/11 - 11:51pm
Bottom Line:: 6X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 24.38 sec
Tested from a 1496 kB file and took 35.18 seconds to complete
Download Diagnosis:: May need help : running at only 5.53 % of your hosts average (spcsdns.net)
D-Validation Link:: http://testmy.net/stats/id-Y1VK2WBF4

:::.. Upload Stats ..:::
Upload Connection is:: 580 Kbps about 0.6 Mbps (tested with 1013 kB)
Upload Speed is:: 71 kB/s
Tested From:: http://testmy.net/ (Main)
Test Time:: 2008/02/11 - 11:48pm
Bottom Line:: 10X faster than 56K 1MB Upload in 14.42 sec
Tested from a 1013 kB file and took 14.31 seconds to complete
Upload Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 147.86 % faster than the average for host (spcsdns.net)
U-Validation Link:: http://testmy.net/stats/id-B7MYJK4AL
Old 02-12-2008, 02:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

IM0001 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularIM0001 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularIM0001 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to IM0001 Send a message via AIM to IM0001 Send a message via MSN to IM0001 Send a message via Skype™ to IM0001
I can also relate to the tethering internet connection dropping at weird times. Didn't happen with 2.17 but it does now. No biggie since this is an unofficial rom still. The RevA does work though. Download is the same at around 100KBps and upload went from 10 to 40KBps. Not too shabby IMO.
Old 02-12-2008, 04:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

youngt_07 is a n00b
quick question??
Do you have to have the internet/data connection on your phone service for Rev A and GPS to work? becuase i had the internet on my phone without it and it was doing fine but now ever sinced i upgraded to 2.17 ROM it dosent wanna work at all?
Old 02-12-2008, 10:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

sario77 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by motrid View Post
I am having a strange problem using this release and my work exchange server. each message I send is received by the recipient numurous times. Also, at times the recipient receives a blank email from me also.

Any ideas?

Thanks

motrid
I'm having the same problem. Is there a fix for this?
Old 02-13-2008, 03:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Omnia 910
Carrier: Verizon

jazaddict is just getting started
Is my ALLTEL PPC6800 a candidate for this ROM? If I do the flash, will it result in my ALLTEL account being affected (besides voiding my warranty)? Would they even know?
Are the files at the beginning of this thread all the necessary ones to accomplish this?
I'm gonna go re-read the FlashingRomForDummies sticky.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development