PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2008, 10:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Maui6700dude is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rev A?

Howzit! Welp, This is my 2nd try at this ROM. I am supposed to have full on Rev A in my area. (I think) But I had a stabler and faster connection with 2.09 ROM. Tried 2.17 and that also sucked. Both the 2.17 and 3.16 ROM's have sort of a connection glitch which is highly noticeable when trying to stream you tube. It's like something in the background is either taking up CPU cycles or the connection is just sporadic. I get about on the average 500k on both here. Weird thing is, on wifi I get the same sporadic streaming. So, is this a connection issue or something totally different? When I had the stock 2.09 ROM I streamed perfectly!? I'm so bummed right now. Anybody else have issues like this? Oh and I thought maybe I'm wrong about my area's Rev A status. I live in Wailuku Hawaii. Zip is 96793. What do you think? According to the coverage maps, Whats my local supposed to be??
Old 02-08-2008, 03:17 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc6800

bulhoes is a n00b
no matter how many times i keep getting stuck at 11%

also i do get an invalide vendor id, when the phone is locked,
Old 02-08-2008, 04:04 AM
Lurker

CafeteriaMan is a n00b
Emotional Roller-Coaster (2+ Hours)

Haven't been on the site in a great while. Had ppc-6700, got very depressed with it, hated it for a long time. Read this post about GPS. Got mogul yesterday, (couldn't help myself), and installed the ROm last night. Running Vista 64bit, got stuck at 11% on install. Phone got stuck at colorful screen, (I got super scared). Went to other posts, read about "titan_exitbl". Got it, ran it, nothing. I'm really scared now. Moved on to my XP machine. Ran "titan_exitbl" again. Nothing again! Now I'm regretting it, I'm mad, thought I bricked a brand new phone out of the box. Restarted my XP machine, ran the ROM again and walked away this time. After about 10-15 minutes, VOILA! It installed successfully! Went through a few more headaches, (MSID, reprogramming and stuff w/sprint support), let the phone sit cause it was roaming. Went to bed, next morning IT WORKED! Used "SprintNav" to guide me to work. I am once again in love with technology. The boy is back!
Old 02-08-2008, 09:34 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Spring Mogul

JustinNorthcutt is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinNorthcutt View Post
Ok, I'm giving in, and asking for some help. I've tried everything everyone on here and other sites have suggested. 3.16, no2chem/dcd/etc rom's, SPL2.4, IOTA_1128.cab, everything, and I can't get IOTA to work. Everything else works for me, but not IOTA. I've rolled back to 2.17 for now to get my data access working (it's why I wanted a PDA phone--to have remote exchange access), but I love the other ROM's for GPS and EVDO-A access and windows mobile 6.1, but just can't seem to get data working.

So, any ideas? I've gone through several of the step by steps, let it sit for a while, even tried to get Sprint to help. The only thing I haven't done is reset my password at Sprintpcs.com.

And sorry I'm asking newb things, but this is frustrating.
To all of you frustrated like me, I can tell you that magically, IOTA is now working. I followed http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=17667, where I relocked and then ran the 3.16 upgrade as stated, and everything worked but IOTA. I then left it alone, in utter frustration, overnight, and this morning, it is now working. I did not setup any activesync or attempt to connect to the internet, just did the settings->phone->services->Internet->get settings->start. I guess, be patient is the answer, which others have stated, and I tried, but this time I followed exact steps and then waited. FYI.
Old 02-08-2008, 02:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC6800

vq352k is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to vq352k
Thanx for all the info.. i did take about 4 hours to read all 96 pages "thumps up" for Kburrito!!
Old 02-08-2008, 09:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul 6800, Moto ic902

wzach is just getting started
Need to Know Reg Edits

This Rom is ok but i need to know where i can find the reg edits to re enable Mobi TV and On Demand as i have found they have ben disabled by this rom. Somebody please help if you know how.
Old 02-09-2008, 04:22 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

quantum_kaos is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to quantum_kaos
Potential Problem

The 3.16 rom works wonderfully, however there is one small problem... I have done a little searching and I haven't been able to discover anyone with the same problem. Hopefully posting will help find a solution.

After installing 3.16, there are times when my phones screen "sleeps" (after 2 minutes to conserve power) but I won't be able to turn the screen back on without doing a soft reset. My only way to avoid this is to adjust my power settings to ensure the screen never shuts off when it is unplugged or plugged in. Obviously, that defeats the whole purpose of trying to conserve battery life hah. Hope someone can help, perhaps it's a simple registry fix.

If it isn't, where can I obtain Sprint's Stock 2.17 ROM? Or, does anyone have any suggestions of what ROM I could use? For t he record, my carrier is Sprint. :P
Old 02-09-2008, 08:39 PM
Lurker

32VQUATTRY is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by quantum_kaos View Post
The 3.16 rom works wonderfully, however there is one small problem... I have done a little searching and I haven't been able to discover anyone with the same problem. Hopefully posting will help find a solution.

After installing 3.16, there are times when my phones screen "sleeps" (after 2 minutes to conserve power) but I won't be able to turn the screen back on without doing a soft reset. My only way to avoid this is to adjust my power settings to ensure the screen never shuts off when it is unplugged or plugged in. Obviously, that defeats the whole purpose of trying to conserve battery life hah. Hope someone can help, perhaps it's a simple registry fix.

If it isn't, where can I obtain Sprint's Stock 2.17 ROM? Or, does anyone have any suggestions of what ROM I could use? For t he record, my carrier is Sprint. :P
Dont bother switching back, mine did the exact same thing rinning 2.17 rom. This new rom works great IMHO.
Old 02-09-2008, 08:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc6800

bulhoes is a n00b
anyone got any ideas ont eh vendor id thing or why i keep getting stuck at 11% i have a lot of free time tonight , i really wanna ge flashed
Old 02-09-2008, 11:29 PM
Lurker

elude79 is a n00b
Will this ROM work w/ VerizonWireless XV6800?

Hi All,

I am pretty new at this XV6800 w/ Verizon, pls help.

I got this phone for 2week now and the having so much problem already. Well, phone seem to stuck or freezed up when call comming. I have a very hard time trying to answer incomming call. Sometime, soft-reset is need it.
i compare this unit with my XV6700 and my old phone is much better. So i wonder if there's something i can do to help this. Also, can i use this ROM which i believed is for SPRINT. Pls help.....

I would like to know if i can use this ROM for my XV6800....

Also, does anyone know how to edit the registry to help your phone load faster?

Verizon Tech walk my thru the hard reset but still doesnt help much.

Thanks in advance,,,,
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development