PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2008, 01:10 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

quantum_kaos is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to quantum_kaos
It is definitely something that started after the 3.16 rom was installed for me as I have downgraded back down to 2.17 and it hasn't done it at all. Perhaps there is just an application that is installed on the phone that causes it to time out? And just in case it gets lost in the thread, here is my existing post.

"
Originally Posted by quantum_kaos
The 3.16 rom works wonderfully, however there is one small problem... I have done a little searching and I haven't been able to discover anyone with the same problem. Hopefully posting will help find a solution.

After installing 3.16, there are times when my phones screen "sleeps" (after 2 minutes to conserve power) but I won't be able to turn the screen back on without doing a soft reset. My only way to avoid this is to adjust my power settings to ensure the screen never shuts off when it is unplugged or plugged in. Obviously, that defeats the whole purpose of trying to conserve battery life hah. Hope someone can help, perhaps it's a simple registry fix.

If it isn't, where can I obtain Sprint's Stock 2.17 ROM? Or, does anyone have any suggestions of what ROM I could use? For t he record, my carrier is Sprint. :P"
Old 02-10-2008, 02:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC-6800 (Sprint Mogul)

bakntyme is keeping up the good workbakntyme is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by quantum_kaos View Post
It is definitely something that started after the 3.16 rom was installed for me as I have downgraded back down to 2.17 and it hasn't done it at all. Perhaps there is just an application that is installed on the phone that causes it to time out? And just in case it gets lost in the thread, here is my existing post.

"
Originally Posted by quantum_kaos
The 3.16 rom works wonderfully, however there is one small problem... I have done a little searching and I haven't been able to discover anyone with the same problem. Hopefully posting will help find a solution.

After installing 3.16, there are times when my phones screen "sleeps" (after 2 minutes to conserve power) but I won't be able to turn the screen back on without doing a soft reset. My only way to avoid this is to adjust my power settings to ensure the screen never shuts off when it is unplugged or plugged in. Obviously, that defeats the whole purpose of trying to conserve battery life hah. Hope someone can help, perhaps it's a simple registry fix.

If it isn't, where can I obtain Sprint's Stock 2.17 ROM? Or, does anyone have any suggestions of what ROM I could use? For t he record, my carrier is Sprint. :P"
This is usually due to running the 3.16 ROM with the old unlocker. The new unlocker only works properly with 3.x ROMs and the old unlocker only works properly with 2.x ROMs.

If you flashed the 3.16 as it was leaked, that package included the new bootloader. If you flashed a custom ROM based on the 3.16 pre-release, the instructions should have informed you to flash the new bootloader (unlocker) first.

Last edited by bakntyme; 02-10-2008 at 02:09 AM.
Old 02-10-2008, 06:46 AM
NKT
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6800
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

NKT is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by elude79 View Post
Hi All,

I am pretty new at this XV6800 w/ Verizon, pls help.

I got this phone for 2week now and the having so much problem already. Well, phone seem to stuck or freezed up when call comming. I have a very hard time trying to answer incomming call. Sometime, soft-reset is need it.
i compare this unit with my XV6700 and my old phone is much better. So i wonder if there's something i can do to help this. Also, can i use this ROM which i believed is for SPRINT. Pls help.....

I would like to know if i can use this ROM for my XV6800....

Also, does anyone know how to edit the registry to help your phone load faster?

Verizon Tech walk my thru the hard reset but still doesnt help much.

Thanks in advance,,,,
Yes, it works just fine on the VX6800 from Verizon. That's what I have. See this post, it helped me:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=661
Old 02-10-2008, 06:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

Maui6700dude is just getting started
Yo! Hey, did anyone find out some of us aren't getting Rev A speeds even tho our location is Rev A enabled? I
ve tried all over the island and nuthin. I wonder if we're being blocked somehow or some registry or ##778# setting is amiss?
Old 02-10-2008, 07:35 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc hero
Carrier: sprint

prnl71 is a n00b
ouch i need help

ok guys i am super new at this the renameing has me thrown has anybody renamed this file yet?? if so is there a link to this thread?? and are programs like the touch home and quick luanch roms?? sorry for being this green but we all start somewhere also i am getting bad image when trying to load this roms do i need to relock ?????
Old 02-10-2008, 09:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: $print

Count_Chockula is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrainSafe View Post
Have you tried the audio out with the 2.5mm splitter, or just the usb? It seems that several of us have documented that the audio function isn't performing. I'm curious if that is universal with this ROM, or just an isolated issue.
to be honest with you... I have only tried the usb splitter. I had no problems with the USB one... I have not tried the USB to 2.5 as of yet but will be doing so when I get back to the US where my stuff is.
Old 02-10-2008, 12:28 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

quantum_kaos is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to quantum_kaos
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakntyme View Post
This is usually due to running the 3.16 ROM with the old unlocker. The new unlocker only works properly with 3.x ROMs and the old unlocker only works properly with 2.x ROMs.

If you flashed the 3.16 as it was leaked, that package included the new bootloader. If you flashed a custom ROM based on the 3.16 pre-release, the instructions should have informed you to flash the new bootloader (unlocker) first.
BakNTyme, I will let you know if that works. In advance, thanks a lot for offering your help.
Old 02-10-2008, 03:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: "A 3vo named McGavin"

one0one951 is becoming a great contributor
For those of you that have problems with the USB audio output like I did, PPCTechs sells and adapter that works with this rom. I'm not sure what the difference in the wiring is but with the stock splitters I get no audio output and with this one it works just fine.
http://www.pocketpctechs.com/main~un...ng+Adapter.htm
Old 02-11-2008, 05:37 PM
joshuachavers

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
first off thanks to everyone who has made the gps option avalible...i have installed everything and phone works fine gps also works fine but....i cant send or recieve mms messages anymore any help is greatly needed thanks
Old 02-11-2008, 06:35 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Exclamation did i have data and voice capability at the same time?!

I was tethering my laptop yesterday and TWICE i was able to receive incoming calls while i was connected thru internet sharing. i was downloading the latest ep of LOST when the call came thru, and i was expecting it to loose the connection to my d/l and make me start all the way over... but it never did. i was able to accept my call which only lasted maybe 1-2 mins but it also continued to d/l and i was still able to browse at the same time. i almost didnt even realize what was happening until halfway thru the conversation and then i was like OMG how am i talking, d/ling and browsing all at once?!

when i get home i'll be trying again, but i just havent seen anyone else report this yet. i know there were many questions as to if this were possible, but never any answers. Well son, i got my answer. I hope this will work for others, it surely cant just be me.

Best... Member... Ever...
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development