PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2008, 07:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Wunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wunder
Re: 3.16.651.0 IS real, and so is GPS - Link inside - NOT official release

These 11% issues were discussed about 100 pages ago

Did I help? The is down to the right

Old 03-04-2008, 11:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

kmartburrito is keeping up the good workkmartburrito is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by alipendier View Post
Same here...

Guys, you need to make sure that you run Olipro's Titan Unlocker. It will flash your bootloader to version 2.40. once you've done that, you can run the ROM Update Utility again. The installer's kinda flaky, so keep trying and you'll get it. Alternatively, you can try one of no2chem or DCD's roms over at XDA. They're really nice.

good luck, and don't forget to read through the posts. You don't realize how much you learn until you do some searching. good luck!=D>

If I've helped you in any post, please take a second to thank me using the icon. Thanks! :P
Old 03-05-2008, 08:54 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

bnappy is a n00b

Ok, let me start by saying thank you for your hard work creating these roms for us!

I have been coming to this site for a while to get roms for all of my ppc's 6600-6800.

For some reason I am having trouble getting the rom in this thread to go onto my 6800. (it maybe because it's like 2:30am in Hawaii or I could have just missed something) Here is what has been done so far:

I am following the steps outlined in quantumforce1's post http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=17667

My device is pretty much OTB and only had slingbox loaded. From top down I followed each and every step in yellow 1-4 and steps 1-4 in the "Retrieve Provisioning Data" and "Upgrade to 3.16" sections skipping step 3 because this device is OTB.

Now here is where the issue starts, after coming to this thread to get a copy of the 3.16 rom I try to run it and the command window just pops up for a second and goes away.

* I'm running vista but have tried on an XPsp2 box as well with the same results.
* I have set the exe to run as admin in xpsp2 compatability mode with the same results.
* I have even put the exe on a FAT32 microSD card renamed it to TITAIMG.nbh and the bootloader just shows "loading" for a second then goes back to tri-color screen.
* I have also turned off vista's UAC, this also did not work
* I have downloaded each version of the exe from the list hoping I was getting a bad copy and that did not work either.

Oh I almost forgot, I also reverted the activesync drivers back to 4.05. Nope didn't work either.

Has anyone experienced a similar situation with the 3.16 exe? Does anyone out there have any suggestions on what I might be doing wrong or how I might correct the issue.

Thank You
~ b
Old 03-05-2008, 06:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC-6800 (Sprint Mogul)

bakntyme is keeping up the good workbakntyme is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnappy View Post
Ok, let me start by saying thank you for your hard work creating these roms for us!

I have been coming to this site for a while to get roms for all of my ppc's 6600-6800.

For some reason I am having trouble getting the rom in this thread to go onto my 6800. (it maybe because it's like 2:30am in Hawaii or I could have just missed something) Here is what has been done so far:

I am following the steps outlined in quantumforce1's post http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=17667

My device is pretty much OTB and only had slingbox loaded. From top down I followed each and every step in yellow 1-4 and steps 1-4 in the "Retrieve Provisioning Data" and "Upgrade to 3.16" sections skipping step 3 because this device is OTB.

Now here is where the issue starts, after coming to this thread to get a copy of the 3.16 rom I try to run it and the command window just pops up for a second and goes away.

* I'm running vista but have tried on an XPsp2 box as well with the same results.
* I have set the exe to run as admin in xpsp2 compatability mode with the same results.
* I have even put the exe on a FAT32 microSD card renamed it to TITAIMG.nbh and the bootloader just shows "loading" for a second then goes back to tri-color screen.
* I have also turned off vista's UAC, this also did not work
* I have downloaded each version of the exe from the list hoping I was getting a bad copy and that did not work either.

Oh I almost forgot, I also reverted the activesync drivers back to 4.05. Nope didn't work either.

Has anyone experienced a similar situation with the 3.16 exe? Does anyone out there have any suggestions on what I might be doing wrong or how I might correct the issue.

Thank You
~ b
The issue with the 3.16 .exe not running on your desktop computer may be fixed by rebooting the desktop computer (sounds like a "stuck" process). [edit: The download files are zip files. Did you extract the .exe out of the zip file?]

Many feel that the SD card method is easier and less prone to problems. However, you cannot flash from the SD card by copying and renaming the .exe file. Try installing the Olipro 2.40 hard-SPL and then:

1. Using a PC, format a microSD card to FAT32.
2. Using winrar or an unzipper, extract the *.nbh file from the ROM upgrade .exe.
3. Copy the *.nbh file to the root directory on the formatted microSD card
4. Rename the file on the microSD card TITAIMG.nbh.
5. Insert the microSD card into the phone and reset into bootloader (power, camera, reset).
6. The phone will tell you to press the power button to flash the ROM; do so.

Last edited by bakntyme; 03-06-2008 at 01:32 AM.
Old 03-06-2008, 11:04 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Titan/PPC-6800/Mogul

beyawnko is a n00b

if its stock you dont even need to unlock it. i didnt when it copped out 20% through;

i just extracted the .nbh and renamed it, put it on the formatted card, then entered bootloader mode (Power Button+Camera Button+Soft Reset Button) and it read it, and installed it no probs.

just did a hard reset afterwards to be sure, and everything was fine!

*EDIT*

my bad didnt see the details of the guy above me.

Last edited by beyawnko; 03-06-2008 at 11:06 AM.
Old 03-08-2008, 04:46 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

ok here comes a n00b question...

so i just got the mogul yesterday and flashed the 3.16 unofficial ROM without doing anything to the stock ROM/Bootloader and it went thru eventually (took like 30 min to complete) and then i ran the "unlocker" and flashed the bootloader so i can put a custom ROM on the mogul, now i just need to find a ROM that's compatible, any suggestions?

and also, is it possible to upgrade the ROM/Radio on the 6700 to this version to unlock RevA? or is that just a pipe dream due to hardware specs?

*edit* just a few more n00b questions:

on the mogul, i cant 'member the old reg hack (from teh 6700) to disable that stupid notification that i have sent a text, plus i want to install a custom rom, can i also install the TouchFLO and/or PocketCM? anyone know any ROMs that have this built in?

Last edited by puff; 03-08-2008 at 05:42 PM.
Old 03-10-2008, 10:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

babair is a n00b

well rom is real cant wait to see all the post on it later on...
Old 03-10-2008, 12:12 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP

Official Sprint ROM 3.35.651.2 - Download and Upgrade Instructions

Official Sprint ROM 3.35.651.2 - Discussion

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development