View Single Post
Old 03-05-2008, 08:54 AM
bnappy
Lurker

bnappy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 3.16.651.0 IS real, and so is GPS - Link inside - NOT official release

Ok, let me start by saying thank you for your hard work creating these roms for us!

I have been coming to this site for a while to get roms for all of my ppc's 6600-6800.

For some reason I am having trouble getting the rom in this thread to go onto my 6800. (it maybe because it's like 2:30am in Hawaii or I could have just missed something) Here is what has been done so far:

I am following the steps outlined in quantumforce1's post http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=17667

My device is pretty much OTB and only had slingbox loaded. From top down I followed each and every step in yellow 1-4 and steps 1-4 in the "Retrieve Provisioning Data" and "Upgrade to 3.16" sections skipping step 3 because this device is OTB.

Now here is where the issue starts, after coming to this thread to get a copy of the 3.16 rom I try to run it and the command window just pops up for a second and goes away.

* I'm running vista but have tried on an XPsp2 box as well with the same results.
* I have set the exe to run as admin in xpsp2 compatability mode with the same results.
* I have even put the exe on a FAT32 microSD card renamed it to TITAIMG.nbh and the bootloader just shows "loading" for a second then goes back to tri-color screen.
* I have also turned off vista's UAC, this also did not work
* I have downloaded each version of the exe from the list hoping I was getting a bad copy and that did not work either.

Oh I almost forgot, I also reverted the activesync drivers back to 4.05. Nope didn't work either.

Has anyone experienced a similar situation with the 3.16 exe? Does anyone out there have any suggestions on what I might be doing wrong or how I might correct the issue.

Thank You
~ b