PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2008, 03:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6800 s10onn2o 1.0.0 rom
Carrier: VERIZON

s10onn2o is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
is there a way i can get the akey for vzw before i upgrade so i dont have to call the verizon tech line to get it.
Old 01-26-2008, 04:00 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: sprint mogul
Carrier: sprint

dmaul3300 is just getting started
A couple of quick questions about the update.

1. when you are using REV A - does it show A or REV (when you are in evdo - it shows EV) - just curious if it displayed. reading posts, it sounds like many people are getting faster speeds.

2. GPS - do i need to buy an external reciever to get turn by turn directions. I have the vision pack that includes sprint navigation. can i use this or google maps and get turn by turn directions WITHOUT an external reciever.

3. I havent seen many people talk about volume. Can you hear people better with the new rom?

this question was asked before but i didnt see the answer.
4. when using GPS (turn by turn directions) - can you recieve phone calls?

This is a GREAT source of information and have spent hours and hours reading various posts about all sorts of stuff.

From reading posts from this site, I was able to use getspc to get my msl code, have made many registry changes, replaced audiopara.csv file to fix phone volume, got mms, threaded sms to work and have found many AWESOME programs like HTC customizer that allow you to use different backgrounds,icons etc.

Im not confident enough to try the upgrade. I have had my phone for about a month now and have learned alot BUT i know i have ALOT more to learn.

Thanks for all the people that do post on this site and has made it what it is. i appreciate people sharing their knowledge with noobies like me. one reason I bought the mogul was because of this site. There is so much information and so many cool things a person can do with their phone.
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx/Mogul/TouchPro/TouchPro2/EVO rooted
Carrier: Sprint

itsall_cooool is keeping up the good workitsall_cooool is keeping up the good work
Guess I was lucky... just ran the rom as was, everything loaded with no restarts or glitches. GPS didnt connect first try, then i found i had to change the program GPS com port to 1 so i could set hardware to 4. Connected on second try and pinpointed my 'home'. Didint have to do any msl configs or anything.

Stll re-installing apps

Time to play
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

sandiegodude is just getting started
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
Wow, so many posts, anyway everything is working perfect for me except one thing. When I softreset it takes like 10 minutes to establish phone and data service, is anyone having that issue?
I'm having the same issue.

(Jerry Seinfield voice)
What's the deal?
(/ Jerry Seinfield voice)

If I cannot fix this, I think I may need to go back to 2.17. I've hard reset 3 times with 3.16 but it doesn't fix anything.

Old 01-26-2008, 04:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC "Snap"

matt314159 is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherealRemnant View Post
I can't really tell if Rev A is working on this ROM or not.

Using testmy.net through Opera, I only get 177kb/s upload and 514kb/s download.

I should have brought my laptop to work with me and tethered instead lol
EVDO Revision 0 has a max upload speed of 144kbps if I recall. That's one way right there. Since you scored 177, that would indicate to me that it probably is REvA. Do a few more tests and if you can get it consistently above 144, you can be pretty certain that it's revA
Old 01-26-2008, 04:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC "Snap"

matt314159 is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaul3300 View Post
A couple of quick questions about the update.

1. when you are using REV A - does it show A or REV (when you are in evdo - it shows EV) - just curious if it displayed. reading posts, it sounds like many people are getting faster speeds.

2. GPS - do i need to buy an external reciever to get turn by turn directions. I have the vision pack that includes sprint navigation. can i use this or google maps and get turn by turn directions WITHOUT an external reciever.

3. I havent seen many people talk about volume. Can you hear people better with the new rom?

this question was asked before but i didnt see the answer.
4. when using GPS (turn by turn directions) - can you recieve phone calls?

This is a GREAT source of information and have spent hours and hours reading various posts about all sorts of stuff.

From reading posts from this site, I was able to use getspc to get my msl code, have made many registry changes, replaced audiopara.csv file to fix phone volume, got mms, threaded sms to work and have found many AWESOME programs like HTC customizer that allow you to use different backgrounds,icons etc.

Im not confident enough to try the upgrade. I have had my phone for about a month now and have learned alot BUT i know i have ALOT more to learn.

Thanks for all the people that do post on this site and has made it what it is. i appreciate people sharing their knowledge with noobies like me. one reason I bought the mogul was because of this site. There is so much information and so many cool things a person can do with their phone.
Lets see if I can hit these before somebody else does;

1) No special indicator of RevA, still just shows the EV icon. But by the fact that i've hit 1.6mbps down, 700kbps up, and latency verying from 90ms to 120ms, I know that it is.
2) The GPS receiver is built into the phone, this update "activates" it. So you don't need an external receiver.
3)Haven't made any calls since I started messing with it other than a test call to a voice menu system, it seemed about the same.
4) Since people can use GPS with their phone part disabled, I'm sure you could use them both at the same time. It would seem logical anyway. The GPS is not tied to the Phone Chips (what's the word I'm looking for there?)
Old 01-26-2008, 04:07 PM
Lurker

VulnoX is a n00b
I have been running the firmware since yesterday. It installed and has been running perfectly on the first try. Everyone freaking out about the 11% thing I think needs to follow the rule about upgrading any firmware. Just start it and walk away and don't come back for awhile. My device restarted, threw up some weird multicolored screens, restarted, etc etc, and everything went fine. Not saying nobody is having any real problems, just saying it shouldn't be as hard as you all are making it.

My only issue is that when I try to use WMWIFIROUTER it says connecting Phone as Modem when dialing #777. I don't remember it doing this on the old firmware and it has me worried. I changed the registry keys and that, but it still does it.

So I just went on with my laptop and I could browse no problem, but only did a couple things and will be watching my bill.

For those of you who have tethered, does it say connecting as Phone as Modem and is that normal? Thanks!
Old 01-26-2008, 04:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TouchPro2

ehanhan is just getting started
My evdo is falky as hell.... drops in and out and is definetly slower than before upgrade
Old 01-26-2008, 04:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TouchPro Upscaled to 800mhz + REV/B = Fast as hell
Carrier: Nimitz

Raging Idiot is keeping up the good workRaging Idiot is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallas contractor View Post
It seems that after Rom upgrade the my Mogul will not Activesync anymore, seems I saw a post on this but no answer.
Anyone else locked out of activesync?
start/settings/connections/USBtoPC/ uncheck
When you were in diapers and wetting the sheets I was out hacking with the ppcgeeks.
Old 01-26-2008, 04:14 PM
Lurker

VulnoX is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehanhan View Post
My evdo is falky as hell.... drops in and out and is definetly slower than before upgrade
Mine has been perfect, weird that you are having drop outs.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development