PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2008, 04:49 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/8525 Unlocked Hermes
Carrier: Sprint/T-Mobile

mikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to mikee4fun Send a message via AIM to mikee4fun Send a message via MSN to mikee4fun Send a message via Yahoo to mikee4fun Send a message via Skype™ to mikee4fun
All works for me but Tom Tom 6. It says no GPS device. I found a nice post over at XDA but I have had no luck yet...ANy one using Tom Tom 6 care to share any knowledge if you got yours working?

Thanks!

Mikee

Posted from XDA
Originally Posted by nuebay
Everybody has been stating that they got GPS to work, but only some left instructions. I hope this helps. Thanks to those that gave me advice on how to get this working.

Make sure unter "External GPS" that the "GPS Program port:" has "COM4" selected. Leave "Hardware" alone which is the next tab over.

Then under "Access" make sure "Manage GPS automatically" is checked

Live Search for some reason wouldnt work until I got in my car and drove away from my house. Right when I drove away, the GPS kicked in, and worked as if I had an external GPS. My settings for Live Search are "GPS COM4".

In order for TomTom to work, you first have to get your GPS location in Live Search, then launch TomTom, and then TomTom will work fine as if you had an external GPS.

My TomTom settings are "NMEA GPS receiver" then "com 4" then baud is "9600".

These are the steps i took to get GPS working with the new ROM update using the internal GPS. Havent been able to test the Rev A yet. But it seems everybody is stating that is working fine, but only some were able to get GPS working.
If I helped you, please hit the button.
Old 01-26-2008, 04:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO2
Carrier: SPRINT

ecker is keeping up the good workecker is keeping up the good work
k well everything is working fine for me now.. being in my dorm room building wasn't letting me get any satellites, but running out front worked good and showed my location almost to the spot..

thanks again!
Old 01-26-2008, 05:04 AM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff
I just reactivated my Titan

Awesome post, 5 stars!

GPS is definitely standalone - I wasn't connected to Sprint and I got a fix!
Old 01-26-2008, 05:07 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Alltel-PPC6800, ETEN M700

roshan_samuel is a n00b
Still No Luck for Alltel

Ok I finally got the 3.16 ROM to flash into my Alltel 6800. But, my wi fi will no longer turn on from Comms manager. Also, when I open up Internet Explorer, the PDA keeps tryimg to connect to Sprint EVDO instead of Alltel.
Old 01-26-2008, 05:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon

shark1987 is keeping up the good workshark1987 is keeping up the good work
awesome updating now
Old 01-26-2008, 05:34 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

Vertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
/cry a day after I spent $90 on an eternal GPS.... still great news =)
Old 01-26-2008, 05:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

superevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
custom rom!

Rawr!

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=16872

Have fun!
Old 01-26-2008, 05:37 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Titan

ccopelan is a n00b
Ok, so I flashed the rom with no real problems (one interruption & a successful resume). The update wiped out my MSL and MSID, which I restored manually via the service programming menu, so voice phone works again. Data is another matter. I've been at this for the last 6 hours approximately, with no success. It appears the update wiped my powervision settings. First, my M.IP Default Profile username used to be <esn>@sprintpcs.com, but it has now changed to <esn>@hcm.sprintpcs.com. Second, M.IP Customer Profile 1, which formerly populated with username@sprintpcs.com, and my powervision password, and a Primary and Secondary HA address (ip addr) is now blank accross the board. After getting voice settings fixed, and finding that the system-initiated IOTA continued to fail with error 1012 I did a hard-reset, and this time I skipped the Sprint customizations, and went directly to trying to input my M.IP Customer Profile 1 settings by hand. After tinkering with this, I still cannot get online, and the phone is no longer attempting to initiate IOTA programming. I've gone to Sprintpcs.com and reset my PowerVision password, which should force a remotely-initiated IOTA, but thus far the change does not seem to have taken. I'm about to tear my hair out, as I NEED data access on a daily basis, and I REALLY don't want to flash back to a prior ROM (nor do I know that doing so would necessarily allow the phone to reprogram automatically anyway). I copied my primary and secondary HA addresses from the default profile, and I validated that I was correctly entering my vision username and password (by looking up the username on sprintpcs.com and resetting the password there). HELP!!! I really, really don't want to have to call Sprint, both because talking to tech support is a long and painful process, and because I don't really want to have to explain why my data settings are FUBAR. Anyone with any bright ideas on how to fix this, your input is welcomed and is greatly appreciated.

KMartburrito, I nominate you for Time Magazine's "Man of the Year" award for 2008!
Old 01-26-2008, 05:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Sturatt is a n00b
I have read a few posts that say this thing clears your MSL and MSID. I dont know what those are, can anyone tell me how to find them and back them up so i can fix it if this update clears them out?
Old 01-26-2008, 05:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

htcphone is a n00b
Wow.. i got lucky. Let me tell you all what I did. Long ago with rom update 2.17 came out.. i updated to it. I never uninstalled it like almost everyone did due to it being buggy "roam". So today I updated it to this rom and at 11% thru the process the phone restarted 4 times and them finished. Now its normal and still playing with it.GPs standalone does work.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development