View Single Post
Old 01-26-2008, 05:37 AM
ccopelan
Lurker

ccopelan is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Ok, so I flashed the rom with no real problems (one interruption & a successful resume). The update wiped out my MSL and MSID, which I restored manually via the service programming menu, so voice phone works again. Data is another matter. I've been at this for the last 6 hours approximately, with no success. It appears the update wiped my powervision settings. First, my M.IP Default Profile username used to be <esn>@sprintpcs.com, but it has now changed to <esn>@hcm.sprintpcs.com. Second, M.IP Customer Profile 1, which formerly populated with username@sprintpcs.com, and my powervision password, and a Primary and Secondary HA address (ip addr) is now blank accross the board. After getting voice settings fixed, and finding that the system-initiated IOTA continued to fail with error 1012 I did a hard-reset, and this time I skipped the Sprint customizations, and went directly to trying to input my M.IP Customer Profile 1 settings by hand. After tinkering with this, I still cannot get online, and the phone is no longer attempting to initiate IOTA programming. I've gone to Sprintpcs.com and reset my PowerVision password, which should force a remotely-initiated IOTA, but thus far the change does not seem to have taken. I'm about to tear my hair out, as I NEED data access on a daily basis, and I REALLY don't want to flash back to a prior ROM (nor do I know that doing so would necessarily allow the phone to reprogram automatically anyway). I copied my primary and secondary HA addresses from the default profile, and I validated that I was correctly entering my vision username and password (by looking up the username on sprintpcs.com and resetting the password there). HELP!!! I really, really don't want to have to call Sprint, both because talking to tech support is a long and painful process, and because I don't really want to have to explain why my data settings are FUBAR. Anyone with any bright ideas on how to fix this, your input is welcomed and is greatly appreciated.

KMartburrito, I nominate you for Time Magazine's "Man of the Year" award for 2008!