PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: How many of you really want Landscape mode?
I really need Landscape!! 142 60.94%
I don't really need Landscape!! 91 39.06%
Voters: 233. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2008, 11:15 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC 6800
Carrier: sprint

No_PaRoLe is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Diamond Theme WAD2!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aancforever View Post
I don't know if i did something wrong, but I have a problem going on with the time it shows me the wrong time by 3 hours in advance anybody know how i can fix that???
The only thing wrong is that you did not follow the first rule of any forum. That is to search for your answer first. It is really easy when the answer is only a few post before yours.

Last edited by No_PaRoLe; 07-31-2008 at 12:00 PM.
Old 07-31-2008, 05:05 PM
Lurker

charlene is a n00b

i really like the look of this theme but i've hit a couple of odd stumbling block, 1. the clock on the home page is about 3 hrs ahead. no matter what time i set the clock to in the settings the clock on the homepage jumps ahead 3 hrs (strange)
2.all the buttons either say error opening or eventually crash my phone

again LOVE the look im just frusrated trying to get it to work properly

C
Old 07-31-2008, 05:10 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlene View Post
i really like the look of this theme but i've hit a couple of odd stumbling block, 1. the clock on the home page is about 3 hrs ahead. no matter what time i set the clock to in the settings the clock on the homepage jumps ahead 3 hrs (strange)
2.all the buttons either say error opening or eventually crash my phone

again LOVE the look im just frusrated trying to get it to work properly

C

Wow. Did you read any of this thread? Particularly a few posts up when your first problem could have simply been resolved. As for the errors you have to actually edit the program and set it up to your specific device. If you dont know how, or feel comfortable doing it i would say uninstall and wait for the real thing.

Now playing: Terror Squad - Bring'Em Back via FoxyTunes
</div>
Old 07-31-2008, 05:13 PM
Lurker

charlene is a n00b

wow yeah i read up the thread thanks and tried all the fixes to now positive effect.
uninstalled thanks
Old 07-31-2008, 05:51 PM
Lurker

grogster is a n00b

I'm having issues with this theme. Maybe I'm not doing the correct things. I have read through these posts twice now. There don't seem to be any instructions on how to setup the themes or app.

I have a XV6700 WMD6.1
I installed WAD2 first (paid version) then WA3 (paid version) then Diamond themes cab file
All went well with the install all the files are where they are suppossed to be per the posts.
Now I have a black diamond backgroud on my 6700 when I tap and hold it I get nothing. No dropdown, no way to change settings ect.
The only way I can change that is if I get to the WAD2 desktop theme and then I'm able to get the dropdown and change the settings

Question is how does this work?? Do I use WAD2 to set everything up and then turn on the diamond theme? or is everything suppossed to work through the diamond them??

Yes I have un-installed and re-installed several times. I have installed everything form the first post.

Other then the setup.txt for setting up people page ther are no step by step instructions to set this up!

I love this theme and Jdume put some hard work to create it but I can't seem to figure it out. I just want the same setup as the below pic

Old 07-31-2008, 06:20 PM
Lurker

No_PaRoLe is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by grogster View Post
I'm having issues with this theme. Maybe I'm not doing the correct things. I have read through these posts twice now. There don't seem to be any instructions on how to setup the themes or app.

I have a XV6700 WMD6.1
I installed WAD2 first (paid version) then WA3 (paid version) then Diamond themes cab file
All went well with the install all the files are where they are suppossed to be per the posts.
Now I have a black diamond backgroud on my 6700 when I tap and hold it I get nothing. No dropdown, no way to change settings ect.
The only way I can change that is if I get to the WAD2 desktop theme and then I'm able to get the dropdown and change the settings

Question is how does this work?? Do I use WAD2 to set everything up and then turn on the diamond theme? or is everything suppossed to work through the diamond them??

Yes I have un-installed and re-installed several times. I have installed everything form the first post.

Other then the setup.txt for setting up people page ther are no step by step instructions to set this up!

I love this theme and Jdume put some hard work to create it but I can't seem to figure it out. I just want the same setup as the below pic

I normally dont post anything but this thread has really stuck with me.

This theme has been really easy for some and extremely difficult for others. I have installed and deleted this theme at least 20 times and have seen almost all the difficulties many of you have had and the easy installs also.

The easiest way I have seen to do this install is to use the cab file. But it does not always wont 100%. So after the cab install you still may need to copy the lakeridge folder. Follow the instructions. Dont assume and dont change. Use WADRC4. dont use your purchased software etc.... Use exactly what Jdume has given you. I have had extreme difficulities with my purchased software and have yet to get theme to work. Start out getting the theme to show up first and then work out your own problems.

This theme does work and it works great. It just takes time to setup.

Here is a short step by step

1. Hate to say it but if you really want to test this. Backup everything and do a hard reset.
2. Install the WA3 and then WAD2.
3. Install the cab file
4. Take the lakeridge folder that was provided in the zip file and copy it to start\programs\file explorer\mydevice\program files
5. Do a soft Reset

All should be well...
Old 07-31-2008, 06:32 PM
Lurker

No_PaRoLe is a n00b

Grogster,

To answer the second part of your question. There really is no more that has been written as a help file. Everyone here that has been successful in getting the contact and programs working have pretty much experimented themselves.

The setup.txt the JDume posted really is helpful and it explain alot. But the Key is learning the different feature of the program and not the Theme itself.

When you tap and hold on the screen - the new shortcut is the key to alot. You also have to know what the sub-categories do.

Example: New -- Text -- Custom Text
All this does is allow you the make a custom txt box. But once the custom txt is made, you can do much more with it.

Example:
At the bttom of the custome txt box setting page you will se Script. You can setup that box to run a program, dial number and multiple things just by touch.

The above 2 examples are the keys to your contacts pages....

Many are not noticing the small arrow symbol after you press one off the contact items on the right. This runs a script that opens up a drop down list. You can place custom text boxes on that drop down list. It only needs to be a phone number with a script to dial the number. If you notice to the left there is a small picture that looks like an up and down arrow. This pushes the box back in.....

Play with it. If you totally screw it up you can just copy that part of the theme back without screwing the rest of it. Just go the the folder you extracted on the computer and look for Page_people. Copy that to the appropriate folder and soft reset. Start all over again...

Hope this helps a little.
Old 07-31-2008, 10:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Wildfire S
Carrier: T-Mobile

myronj007 is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to myronj007
Wink Re: Touch Diamond Theme WAD2!!!!

This theme rocks...What worked for me might work for you... I have the touch and first i installed the apps that go with the theme,then opt.apps when asked to restart press continue,then add desktop,then advance,then cab diamond theme soft reset,and your almost done...give it a try
Old 08-01-2008, 02:19 AM
Lurker

grogster is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_PaRoLe View Post
I normally dont post anything but this thread has really stuck with me.

This theme has been really easy for some and extremely difficult for others. I have installed and deleted this theme at least 20 times and have seen almost all the difficulties many of you have had and the easy installs also.

The easiest way I have seen to do this install is to use the cab file. But it does not always wont 100%. So after the cab install you still may need to copy the lakeridge folder. Follow the instructions. Dont assume and dont change. Use WADRC4. dont use your purchased software etc.... Use exactly what Jdume has given you. I have had extreme difficulities with my purchased software and have yet to get theme to work. Start out getting the theme to show up first and then work out your own problems.

This theme does work and it works great. It just takes time to setup.

Here is a short step by step

1. Hate to say it but if you really want to test this. Backup everything and do a hard reset.
2. Install the WA3 and then WAD2.
3. Install the cab file
4. Take the lakeridge folder that was provided in the zip file and copy it to start\programs\file explorer\mydevice\program files
5. Do a soft Reset

All should be well...
DUDE IT WORKED..................:headb ang:
So I ditched the paid for WA3 and WAD2. I used the beta versions provided. Installed in the order you said which is different then what Jdume wrote. So now the theme is installed and I'm moving through the pages.

I am getting errors when I go to the messages page and click on he small messages icon at the right top. I get the same error when I go to th email page and click on the email icon. The error is Shortcut target: "Error opening the shortcut or locating the target filename."

I will need to look through the posts see if there is an aswer....I think I saw a fix for this. Too late now

Thanks for the help No_PaRoLe
-Grogster
Old 08-01-2008, 08:24 AM
Just Havin Fun Pimpin!!!
Pocket PC: xv6800,xv6850(TP)xv6875(TP2),xv6900
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

jdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jdume

Quote:
Originally Posted by grogster View Post
DUDE IT WORKED..................:headb ang:
So I ditched the paid for WA3 and WAD2. I used the beta versions provided. Installed in the order you said which is different then what Jdume wrote. So now the theme is installed and I'm moving through the pages.

I am getting errors when I go to the messages page and click on he small messages icon at the right top. I get the same error when I go to th email page and click on the email icon. The error is Shortcut target: "Error opening the shortcut or locating the target filename."

I will need to look through the posts see if there is an aswer....I think I saw a fix for this. Too late now

Thanks for the help No_PaRoLe
-Grogster
I'm glad to see you guys are starting to figuire things out on your own

But I could not understand why you paid for a version of WAD when in the first post I clearly stated the WAD2 is still in BETA witch means testing stages and that means FREE. Make sure you keep your purchased codes because you can use it for WAD themes visit my website, its still in the process of being built but there is a fue things on there its dedicated to themes and skins only so everyone check it out!!!www.pimpurpocketpc.synthasite.com
WM6.5 Dialer
If you like my work or if I helped you and would like to buy me a cup of coffe click HERE
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes