PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: How many of you really want Landscape mode?
I really need Landscape!! 142 60.94%
I don't really need Landscape!! 91 39.06%
Voters: 233. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2008, 06:53 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: iphone 3gs
Carrier: att

kudvu002 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Diamond Theme WAD2!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xero View Post
I've read every page, and can't find the weather info to get it to find the cities server, can someone point me to the correct page? Thanks!

BTW, this is a sweet theme. A little sluggish in transition, but it is a winner!
its crazy how post 292 has the answer, which is on the same page you posted on!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-20-2008, 08:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: VZW

xero is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by kudvu002 View Post
its crazy how post 292 has the answer, which is on the same page you posted on!
So it is, thanks!

Equipment: Imagio on 6.5. Working on a 6.5.3 build.
Old 07-20-2008, 08:37 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G
Carrier: Sprint

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community

i want to insert my own pics for the contacts page... i don't know how to use photoshop and just downloaded the trial... tried for about an hour and cant figure it out... can someone tell me how to shape my pictures like the docks and how to save it in the right format? I'm sooo lost on this one
Old 07-21-2008, 06:54 AM
THE HENCHMAN
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Diamond & Verizon Blackberry Storm!
Carrier: Sprint w/ SERO!

stevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to stevedog1

Quote:
if you read the post right above you then you will see a website that you can go to and get your weather code, so your first problem is reading, which leads to the second problem that is on the first post! heres a link to help you http://www.eyemasters.com/
I know your new here, but dont you know how to help others without being rude at the same time?

Last edited by stevedog1; 07-21-2008 at 06:57 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:47 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RideTheTube View Post
Hi thanks for the cab bro - really nice but is there is a problem... i´m german and my storage card is "Speicherkarte"

"The directory locations in this cab are hard coded for standard English setups. As a result, this will not work on non-English devices. For example, if you're storage card doesn't show up as "Storage Card" in your file explorer, this will not work."

is there any chance to rewrite it to rewrite it???
It would be simple enough to make the cab language-neutral (so that it could run on any device regardless of language), but the WAD2 image links are set to look at "/Storage Card/HTC Touch Diamond Images." Installing those images anywhere else (at "/Speicherkarte/HTC Touch Diamond Images" for example) will just get you something that looks like this:

So, unfortunately, I believe the only way for you to get it to work would be to go through each item in the theme and re-link the image to another location. Needless to say, that would be a lot of work, but it would give you a greater appreciation for the amount of work that jdume put into creating the theme originally. Sorry, I can't be of more help. Maybe someone else who has more experience with multiple languages can assist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laynpipeallday View Post
I see a few people having trouble with the time?? I also am having that same problem.. I installed everything and did what I read step by step...... My timezone is right, and it asks me to save settings, I clik yes when i close down i am still off by an hour???????? Any info would be greeeeat!!! Thanks
WAD2 uses it's own, system-independent, timezone settings - presumably so that you can create pages with clocks showing multiple timezones. To change the setting you will need to be in author mode. Then tap and hold on the area highlighted below (note - you can't tap on the actual clock, the area you need is behind/beside it). Go to properties, and adjust to the appropriate timezone.

Last edited by bedoig; 07-21-2008 at 12:13 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:34 AM
Lurker

Radical MT is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedoig View Post
It would be simply enough to make the cab language-neutral (so that it could run on any device regardless of language), but the WAD2 image links are set to look at "/Storage Card/HTC Touch Diamond Images." Installing those images anywhere else (at "/Speicherkarte/HTC Touch Diamond Images" for example) will just get you something that looks like this:

So, unfortunately, I believe the only way for you to get it to work would be to go through each item in the theme and re-link the image to another location. Needless to say, that would be a lot of work, but it would give you a greater appreciation for the amount of work that jdume put into creating the theme originally. Sorry, I can't be of more help. Maybe someone else who has more experience with multiple languages can assist.

WAD2 uses it's own, system-independent, timezone settings - presumably so that you can create pages with clocks showing multiple timezones. To change the setting you will need to be in author mode. Then tap and hold on the area highlighted below (note - you can't tap on the actual clock, the area you need is behind/beside it). Go to properties, and adjust to the appropriate timezone.

Thanks Bro. That answer to a lot of users. You r awsome
Old 07-21-2008, 03:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Vodafone

MazZziKa is a n00b

Clock .. not work correctly .. time in the phone 10.30 pm and in the skin 3.24 .. i am from egypt .. any help
</div>
Old 07-21-2008, 04:18 PM
Lurker

Radical MT is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by MazZziKa View Post
Clock .. not work correctly .. time in the phone 10.30 pm and in the skin 3.24 .. i am from egypt .. any help
</div>
the answer is here twice.... 2 post before your's
Old 07-21-2008, 09:47 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: iphone 3gs
Carrier: att

kudvu002 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedog1 View Post
I know your new here, but dont you know how to help others without being rude at the same time?
i understand what your saying but sometimes you have to let go of the hand your holding so that it can assume its own balance. i like many others have to read through 31 pages so why shouldnt others..they say they do but if true why are we answering the same?'s
Old 07-21-2008, 10:27 PM
THE HENCHMAN
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Diamond & Verizon Blackberry Storm!
Carrier: Sprint w/ SERO!

stevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to stevedog1

Quote:
i understand what your saying but sometimes you have to let go of the hand your holding so that it can assume its own balance. i like many others have to read through 31 pages so why shouldnt others..they say they do but if true why are we answering the same?'s
First, you don't have to hold anyone's hand to begin with. Second, you don't have to answer a question if you don't feel the person deserves one. That is your perogative. But, dont go and try to help someone and then at the same time make fun of them. If youre gonna do that then you might as well not even respond to their post. You are not a moderator, or the Thread "police".

If you don't like that someone is asking a question that you feel has already been answered then why don't you just inform them that the answer is already within the thread, instead of embarrasing them on a thread that gets hundreds of views a day.

Also, Remember that some people have busy lives with families and children and long hours at work. Not everyone is always going to be able to read all 30 pages of a thread.

We are here to help. Its a forum. If you dont want to help then dont, but don't criticize when you do.

But I am glad that you understood. Thanks.

Last edited by stevedog1; 07-21-2008 at 10:29 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes