PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2008, 03:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon GPS Fix.....Phase I

When I get home I will put up static links on my site.

What does every one need? I have it all, QPST, lateste version, drivers, etc. What do we need and I will post it.

Donations always accepted but never expected!
Old 12-23-2008, 04:48 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

make sure its not warez.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 12-23-2008, 05:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZ TP2 XV6875
Carrier: Verizon

ramborami is keeping up the good workramborami is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler View Post

What does every one need? I have it all, QPST, lateste version, drivers, etc. What do we need and I will post it.
Can you upload QPST onto ppcgeeks FTP site? (unless its already there)

I found the latest QPST by searching google for: "qpst build 301"
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=qpst+build+301
Old: VZW TP XV6850 >> VZW XV6900 >> VZW XV6800 >> VZW XV6700 >> VZW XV6600
Old 12-23-2008, 06:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

omahajs is becoming a great contributor

Quote:

I need the wmodemdriver mentioned in the first post....since that link is dead I can't get the "pack". I already have the qpst.

Thanks for helping out.
Old 12-23-2008, 06:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (VZW)

FrozenIpaq is becoming a great contributor

The files have been rehosted in several different locations already, but here's my upload: (Contains WModem, QPST, and GC's aGPS fix)

http://www.mformature.net/wp-content...+GCaGPSFix.rar
Old 12-23-2008, 06:53 PM
VIP Member

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
make sure its not warez.
Warez? Who said anything about warez? We are talking about the drivers and QPST. Are those warez? Would a rebranded MS OS be warez? What really defines warez on these boards? Its OK to steal an OS but not an app. I never understopod this whole Warez thing in the PPC Community. Doesnt make alot of sense to me but yeah..... No warez/

Last edited by scrosler; 12-23-2008 at 06:56 PM.
Old 12-23-2008, 07:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Warez? Who said anything about warez? We are talking about the drivers and QPST. Are those warez? Would a rebranded MS OS be warez? What really defines warez on these boards? Its OK to steal an OS but not an app. I never understopod this whole Warez thing in the PPC Community. Doesnt make alot of sense to me but yeah..... No warez/
He was referring to no illegal downloads that is all, I would lighten up. He obviously didn't know what was needed for this fix and probably assumed one thing that was needed was shareware, but in this case it is not. Warez is anything that is shareware that has been made free by other means, thus being illegal and referred to as warez. Most PPC applications are free, but there are also a lot that are not free - thus the pirate scene/warez scene of PPC's (which this site is not a part of)
Old 12-23-2008, 07:47 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenIpaq View Post
He was referring to no illegal downloads that is all, I would lighten up. He obviously didn't know what was needed for this fix and probably assumed one thing that was needed was shareware, but in this case it is not. Warez is anything that is shareware that has been made free by other means, thus being illegal and referred to as warez. Most PPC applications are free, but there are also a lot that are not free - thus the pirate scene/warez scene of PPC's (which this site is not a part of)
Thanks for youre reply but my question is unanswered. Im not being rhetorical in the post. I really want to know if QPST is warez? And why bootlegging the OS it isnt? But anyways.... Well ditch it. Not relevant to the GPS fix. Lets move on....

If somone can PM me the answer I woudl appreciate it. Sorry if I sounded short in the previous post. I often post from *coughh* work in a hurry so sorry about that....

Now lets really move on ;c)
Old 12-23-2008, 07:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Thanks for youre reply but my question is unanswered. Im not being rhetorical in the post. I really want to know if QPST is warez? And why bootlegging the OS it isnt? But anyways.... Well ditch it. Not relevant to the GPS fix. Lets move on....

If somone can PM me the answer I woudl appreciate it. Sorry if I sounded short in the previous post. I often post from *coughh* work in a hurry so sorry about that....

Now lets really move on ;c)
QPST is not warez, it is provided for free. Bootlegging an OS is not exactly referred to as warez but more commonly known as bootlegging or pirating the Operating System. Warez, bootlegging and pirating = all illegal. If you wanted you could consider pirating an OS as warez, although it doesnt' really fit the definition of warez (warez is shareware programs while an OS is an OS). It's complicated but both are illegal

EDIT: To be on topic, was trying my GPS some more today and found that at times I wasn't getting a fix at all while outside, but once I reset my location (from Location ON to 9/11 to On again and waited patiently for the HTC Tool to get a fix it worked). So for me it is still a hit-and-miss
Old 12-23-2008, 08:13 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenIpaq View Post

EDIT: To be on topic, was trying my GPS some more today and found that at times I wasn't getting a fix at all while outside, but once I reset my location (from Location ON to 9/11 to On again and waited patiently for the HTC Tool to get a fix it worked). So for me it is still a hit-and-miss
Thanks for the answer to part one. I really wasnt sure if QPST was free or not. I will post it on my site on a static "tools" page so we can have one single tools page. Anyone can recomend or post anyyhing they thing is valuable to it? Just a thought. I am trying to open and do more with my website. I want to add user contributions. Searching on here and finding things can be pretty hard....

.....Back on topic

Its about 90% consistent for me with the aGPS fix applied and nothing else. I have two in my posession for testing this stuff and trying things. I want to actually be able to say, well I tested two phones side by side and...

I have also noted that toggling location on and off is a great idea. You are basically resetting the drivers when you do that or I shoudl say toggling there modes of operation. I beleive that would be almost like resettign them maybe? It has to be something similiar because it does help.

Have you also noticed when you try while a GPS app is presently running it allows you to change and press OK but if you go right back in it will still be in the same posistion as the first time.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro