PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2008, 11:55 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv 6900

dancurry is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 12/25/08 Verizon GPS Fix v2.0

Did it again and again and I keep getting the same results...I think I screwed something up. Once again, I do not see the place to change my chip settings in the HTC GPS Tool. Can someone assist me with that? Where would i find it?
Old 12-26-2008, 12:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2/ Driod Incredible
Carrier: The red headed stepchild
Threadstarter

lllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancurry View Post
Did it again and again and I keep getting the same results...I think I screwed something up. Once again, I do not see the place to change my chip settings in the HTC GPS Tool. Can someone assist me with that? Where would i find it?

I told you where to click in the pm....

Accepted NOT Expected
Old 12-26-2008, 02:27 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

emmanuel.a.asselin is just getting started
Re: Verizon GPS Fix.....Phase I

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllboredlll View Post
I need to look at the Telus PRI before I can really comment. Someone needs to post it. I'm not downloading the whole ROM for the PRI. Way too many files to keep sorted as it is.

TELUS TOUCH PRO PRI: 1.57_010
Old 12-26-2008, 03:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

rcluster is just getting started

Quote:
PHASE II COMPLETE
PHASE III IN PROGRESS (AGPS FIX FOR VZW TP)

IF SOMEONE WHO HAS NOT APPLIED MY FIX BEFORE ON A VERIZON TOUCH PRO AND WOULD BE WILLING TO DO ONE MINOR EXPERIMENT. SKIP DOWNLOADING PPST1.46.CAB IN STEP ONE AND THEN SKIP STEPS 2 THRU 5. THEN POST IF IT HAS UNLOCKED THE GPS. IF IT DIDN'T UNLOCK, APPLY THE COMPLETE FIX AS PRESENTED WITH NO DEVIATIONS.

I did the minor experiment listed above and it worked great. GPS works in Google Maps, Banner still says Verizon, have the EVDO symbol.

Initial GPS lock took a couple of minutes, but I'm sure it had to download the GPS almanac so that's to be expected.

I had not applied any of the previous fixes, still running the stock VZW ROM.

Excellent, Excellent, Excellent !!!

Ron
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-26-2008, 03:46 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

lllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcluster View Post
I did the minor experiment listed above and it worked great. GPS works in Google Maps, Banner still says Verizon, have the EVDO symbol.

Initial GPS lock took a couple of minutes, but I'm sure it had to download the GPS almanac so that's to be expected.

I had not applied any of the previous fixes, still running the stock VZW ROM.

Excellent, Excellent, Excellent !!!

Ron
Feedback much appreciated
Old 12-26-2008, 03:58 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

I have no banner but everytihng else is the same as reported. I never called *22899 again. Phone calls are not roaming though. I activated again to see what happens. No change. all is working, no banner

This is on a fresh unaltered VZW PRI instalation after hard reset of my ROM.

Used 11 fixed 9. Normal for me is used 9 fixed 8. About normal. It did lock in 4 seconds though. I dont think its aGPS but its quicker.

Also have you confirmed the differnt protocals on the Radio? Could ours be differnt than a sprint device?

Donations always accepted but never expected!
Old 12-26-2008, 04:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon Wireless XV6900
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

khac is a n00b

Quote:
PHASE II COMPLETE
PHASE III IN PROGRESS (AGPS FIX FOR VZW TP)

FOR NEW USERS WHO HAVE NOT APPLIED THE PHASE I FIX BEFORE:
SKIP DOWNLOADING PPST1.46.CAB IN STEP ONE AND THEN SKIP STEPS 2 THRU 5. THEN POST IF IT HAS UNLOCKED THE GPS. IF IT DIDN'T UNLOCK, APPLY THE COMPLETE FIX AS PRESENTED WITH NO DEVIATIONS.

FOR ALL OTHERS:
STEP 2 IS MEANT TO ROLL BACK THE CHANGES MADE BY PHASE I OF THIS PROJECT. THAT MEANS YOUR PRI WILL BE GOING BACK TO STOCK OEM. NO HARD RESETS ARE NEEDED UNLESS YOU WANT TO CLEAR YOUR DEVICE OF ALL OTHER "FIX" INSTALLS. I WOULD SUGGEST INSTALLING PPST1.46.CAB BEFORE THE HARD RESET. I PERFORMED THAT ACTUAL PROCEDURE ONCE I COMPLETED PHASE II OF THIS PROJECT.

1. download lllboredlll_VZW_GPS_Fix_v2.cab AND PPST1.46.cab and put on your storage card or any folder on your device
2. install PPST1.46.cab
3. use gsfinder,total commander or File Explorer to navigate to \windows\ppst.exe
4. click on ppst.exe and go thru the prompts
5. reset your device as needed
6. NOW install lllboredlll_VZW_GPS_Fix_v2.cab
7. use gsfinder,total commander or File Explorer to navigate to \windows\ppst.exe
8. reset your device as needed
9. Dial *228 option 1
(the above step is the steps I did, option 2 also works but I needed to prove it takes a full update without rewriting data)
10. reset your device
11. Install HTC GPS Tool if needed
12. I would suggest a soft reset... do what you want on this one
13. Open up HTC GPS Tool. Set Chip to Q 7500 and mode to Cold Start (left soft key for those who dont know) then set baud to 4800 and open port.

There will be a registry entry made from this install with the GC's AGPS Values for future use or others testing use. Please understand that my device is not capable of AGPS for some reason. When it's figured out the "GPS Fix" will be updated.

Also make sure that your device settings are right.

Settings >> SYSTEM >> External GPS
Programs Tab- GPS Program Port: Com4
Hardware Tab- GPS Hardware Port: None, Baud Rate: 4800
Access Tab- Checkmark on "Manage GPS automatically"

Make sure you turn your location on thru your phone settings. Some ROM's do not have it enabled by default.

If you take my research and improve on it all I ask is that you atleast give me credit for the discovery. I've spent a ton of hours working with NV files and PRI's.

Hope everyone enjoys.....

Hi bored,

I haven't applied your Phase I yet; however, I was one of the many people that let the customizations run on the VZW leaked rom and I stuck. I tried aGPS and HTC GPS Tool but still could not get the GPS working. Can I use your Phase II to fix the problem or should I wait for your Phase III ?? By the way, mine is XV6900.

Thanks,
Old 12-26-2008, 04:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, Samsung EPIX, Verizon XV-6700
Carrier: Verizon, AT&T

mtbrain is just getting started

Great work bored!!

I applied the fix to my RTM VZW Touch Pro following your procedures and it appears to be working.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-26-2008, 04:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

helix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good work

bored-

Any way you could put together a PRI for those of us that ported a Sprint phone to get rid of that roaming triangle? It persists through both your modified 1.46 PRI and the stock 1.46 PRI

Thanks for the fix, though. It actually got my GPS working consistently, so far, with aGPS assist also

Last edited by helix139; 12-26-2008 at 04:26 PM.
Old 12-26-2008, 04:32 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler View Post
I have no banner but everytihng else is the same as reported. I never called *22899 again. Phone calls are not roaming though. I activated again to see what happens. No change. all is working, no banner

This is on a fresh unaltered VZW PRI instalation after hard reset of my ROM.

Used 11 fixed 9. Normal for me is used 9 fixed 8. About normal. It did lock in 4 seconds though. I dont think its aGPS but its quicker.

Also have you confirmed the differnt protocals on the Radio? Could ours be differnt than a sprint device?
Banner is odd, really really odd. Now I rolled my PRI back before I did a hard reset. I'm wondering if some of the NV remnants stayed because you did it after the hard reset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khac View Post
Hi bored,

I haven't applied your Phase I yet; however, I was one of the many people that let the customizations run on the VZW leaked rom and I stuck. I tried aGPS and HTC GPS Tool but still could not get the GPS working. Can I use your Phase II to fix the problem or should I wait for your Phase III ?? By the way, mine is XV6900.

Thanks,
What PRI is the 6900 running? Your GPS should of been working without this fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by helix139 View Post
bored-

Any way you could put together a PRI for those of us that ported a Sprint phone to get rid of that roaming triangle? It persists through both your modified 1.46 PRI and the stock 1.46 PRI

Thanks for the fix, though. It actually got my GPS working consistently, so far, with aGPS assist also
Have you dialed *228 yet. I had a roaming triangle after this fix until I dialed *228 then option 1. Try it please with v2 of this project installed.

Could you please export a full copy of your registry. I need it to compare to for my Phase III fix since you actually have AGPS on that device.

Last edited by lllboredlll; 12-26-2008 at 04:35 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro