PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2008, 08:36 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2/ Driod Incredible
Carrier: The red headed stepchild
Threadstarter

lllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 12/25/08 Verizon GPS Fix v2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsteinschneider View Post
Just tested phase II - the results I've gotten so far on my stock ROM touch pro are uneven - phase II so far is the same although I'm testing indoors. It takes a long time to start seeing satellites and even longer to fix any if it does. Soft reset seems to help. Once it starts seeing more than 4 satellites AND it fixes then it works nicely with TomTom 7 and Google maps. I've tested driving with the TomTom - it was accurate although different than my TomTom6 with GlobalSat BT359 (always seems to say double the yards until turn but tells me to turn at the right time). The person who referred to priming the pump with the HTC GPS Tool had it right. It's as though my phone needs to warm up the satellite chip/antennae etc before it will work. During the time I wrote this it finally fixed. Maybe this is a good sign. If its consistent I will be happy even if I have to wait 5 minutes to fix. It's great that lllboredlll has been able to unlock this - many thanks.
I've noticed with my OnCourse2008 that I don't need to prime my GPS like I did on my Titan but I do with everything else I use the GPS for. As far as results go, I think there are definetly some variables that will definetly affect the results. An example would be last night I was gettin 6 or 7 to lock inside my house withing 15 seconds. This morning while on my way to work, it locked in 10 sats and seen 11 within 3 to 5 seconds. I am running the Telus radio. Sometime today I might to a radio experiment to see if there is any difference. There really shouldn't be but you never know until you try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNaPaLm32 View Post
I installed v2 on scotts rom and get instant locks on 7 satelites in the HTC GPS utility, however it does not work in Google Maps. Any ideas?

okay I got it to work. For all of you that this happens to. I simply changed the settings in google maps from automatic to COM4/4800 and it worked instantly.
When I use Google Maps, which I don't much. I end up having to prime my GPS with the HTC GPS Tool before Google Maps with function properly.

Accepted NOT Expected
Old 12-26-2008, 08:41 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: VZW Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

dimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Wonderful job as always bored.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-26-2008, 10:58 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Verizon Touch Pro

5matec is a n00b

re: PHASE II COMPLETE

this works great. i got phase I working yesterday and installed phase II today.
FYI, in the HTC GPS tool, it seems to default back to the SIRF chipset each time I re-open the tool. but i seems to continue working just fine. It also seems to default back to 57600 baud. I've left this like this and its continues to work well also. by the way, i'm still using the stock VZW ROM 1.03.605.4.

Great fix. Thanks very much.

Nick
Old 12-26-2008, 11:10 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

dimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I have a program called GPS Viewer that works just like the HTC Tool but you don't have to change the Chip set. I will post it when I get home tonight if anyone is interested.
Old 12-26-2008, 11:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

lexluthor is keeping up the good worklexluthor is keeping up the good work

I was a Phase I user. I uninstalled GC's banner cab from add/remove and then followed the new instructions on page 1 exactly and all is working.

Great Job!

Excited to see if you can come up with an aGPS fix.
Old 12-26-2008, 11:31 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv 6900

dancurry is a n00b

Does the roaming triangle have any effect on my bill or is it mainly just a cosmetic thing because I c an live with it if it has no effect on anything but if it is costing me money then it would probably be best to make that change when available.
Old 12-26-2008, 11:36 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2/ Driod Incredible
Carrier: The red headed stepchild
Threadstarter

lllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancurry View Post
Does the roaming triangle have any effect on my bill or is it mainly just a cosmetic thing because I c an live with it if it has no effect on anything but if it is costing me money then it would probably be best to make that change when available.
Are you running Phase I or Phase II of this project. Phase II has all of those issues resolved.
Old 12-26-2008, 11:44 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv 6900

dancurry is a n00b

I did the updated ,what i thought was phase II but still have the triangle and still can not get a fix with the GPS. I can not find the place to modify my Chip settings. I am a complete Newby when it comes to mods so anyone that can help...please do.
I did all the installs as requested and every other setting seems to be good. When I opened the GPS Tool it looks like it is doing soething bit there are no satelites on it.....anyone?
Old 12-26-2008, 11:50 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

JDiddyC is a n00b

Bored.... I guess your alias says it all. I mean releasing v2 on Christmas!? NICE work. And a great present for all of us. We should call you "Santa" for this one! I'm VZW and if you haven't had a taker on the test, I can do that later today if need be!

JDiddyC
Old 12-26-2008, 11:51 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Did you follow all of the steps in the first post? Try it again and see what you get.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro