PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2009, 12:45 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

kyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 12/25/08 Verizon GPS Fix v2.0

Did you check "Location on"?
Old 02-12-2009, 01:09 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2/ Driod Incredible
Carrier: The red headed stepchild
Threadstarter

lllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybulldog View Post
Hello all!

I installed the gps in my stock vzw touch pro and it worked great. Now, I tried SSK 1.5 kitchen and botched the gps fix install. I tried to uninstall, but it isnot working right. I am getting a lock on 9 sats, however, it appears to lock up after receiving some coordinates from the chip. I have to do a soft reset. I've searched the thread, but cannot figure how to start again without going through a hard reset. Any ideas? Yes, all settings are correct.

Regards,
Lazybulldog

Install PPST1.46.cab then run PPST.exe from your windows folder
after soft reset
Install lllboredlll_VZW_GPS_Fix_v2.cab then run PPST.exe from your windows folder
should be working fine after that aslong as you have your locations turned on which scott's rom normally do by default

Accepted NOT Expected
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-12-2009, 04:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: CDMA Touch Pro 2

lazybulldog is a n00b

That took care f it. Thank you!

Many Thanks for a great product!

Regards,
Lazybulldog
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-13-2009, 05:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZ TP2 XV6875

ramborami is keeping up the good workramborami is keeping up the good work

Just an FYI what I've noticed on my phone when GPS fails:
-GPS works fine most of the time, locks are achieved within 16 seconds.
-Sometimes the GPS does NOT lock.
What I've noticed is when I go to the Phone screen, the "crosshair" icon in the top right has a slash thru it. This means that "Location" is OFF.
I dont know why this happens on its own sometimes.

To fix it, try 1 of 2 things:
1) Go into Phone Settings, turn OFF Location, OK, then go back in and turn Location ON.
-OR-
2) Reboot/Soft-reset your phone
Old: VZW TP XV6850 >> VZW XV6900 >> VZW XV6800 >> VZW XV6700 >> VZW XV6600
Old 02-13-2009, 06:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro

rcluster is just getting started

Scrosler,
On your SSK 1.5M ROM thread you mention that the GPS drivers have been updated to take advantage of the Windows GPS drivers.

I have installed the Bored v2.0 GPS fix and it is working perfectly but I would REALLY like to not have to use COM 4 for the GPS data. I have a couple of Amateur Radio programs that do not allow me to set a COM port, so they currently do not work.

Would the updated GPS drivers allow this to happen?

Can I get and install just the updated GPS drivers? I haven't ever installed a ROM and I'm really not sure that I need/want to.

Please let me know what you recommend, thanks!

Ron
Old 02-16-2009, 10:16 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

lllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation level

I'm pretty sure that is going to require a driver to be re-wrote. The new drivers are just suppose to be a bit more reliable. I've ran both and can't tell the difference but I'm sure some will say there is. My lock times are faster than my navigation software can open so that's all I care about. I think I seen someone talking about using GPS Gate to reroute the data.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-16-2009, 11:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro

rcluster is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllboredlll View Post
I'm pretty sure that is going to require a driver to be re-wrote. The new drivers are just suppose to be a bit more reliable. I've ran both and can't tell the difference but I'm sure some will say there is. My lock times are faster than my navigation software can open so that's all I care about. I think I seen someone talking about using GPS Gate to reroute the data.
Thanks. I jumped off the cliff over the weekend and unlocked and flashed one of scrosler's ROM's into the phone. That went fine, no issues, and the GPS data is now available without specifying a COM port. Works perfectly in my Amateur Radio programs and in Google maps. Very cool! Scrosler did say on his page that he re-wrote the GPS drivers to do this. I was just wanting to know if I could just install the new GPS driver instead of reflashing the phone. But I'm good now.... Ron
Old 02-17-2009, 04:43 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: fuze

clipseo is a n00b

Im a newb at phones and im tryin to install the files but the no exe. file when i download and copy the files to my storage card. I am using a att fuze( that is the same as the touch pro right?) I am good with computers but i cant figure out why im having trouble, is it b/c its a fuze and on att?
Old 02-17-2009, 05:22 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

The Fuze does not have a locked down GPS Chip like Verizon does. You do not need these files.
Old 02-20-2009, 06:29 PM
Lurker

sherpadude is a n00b

ok, let the flaming begin... I have a verizon touch pro. I have unlocked it (and verified) and have run the ppst fix, replaced the DLL and then run ppst again (note my phone did NOT have ppst until I installed the package provided in this post). I think I must be missing a major step as my phone (in google maps or Microsoft live) just indicates that it is still searching for gps.

this is my first post - go easy ?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro