PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2008, 03:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2/ Driod Incredible
Carrier: The red headed stepchild

lllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Talking 6/8/09 FIRMWARE UPDATE: Verizon GPS Unlocked

PHASE II COMPLETE
PHASE III IN PROGRESS (AGPS FIX FOR VZW TP)

UPDATED 12/25/08

Please read completely. I really don't want to have posts asking about things stated in this post.

First and foremost.... This fix is to be still considered beta at the present time. I WILL NOT be held responsible for any damage to your device or any charges from you carrier if you happen to be in roaming because of this.

Phase II is finally here and I know I've been asked many times on what Phase II meant. Well I now have that answer. The newest release is Verizon PRI 1.46.002 coded to allow full programming updates , full PRL updates NO banner issues and last but not least .... .... oh ya .... GPS .... "takes a bow on this one"

Hope that answers the questions I kinda reframed from answering.

Here we go again

UPDATED 6/08/09

Verizon has unlocked the GPS as of 6/08/09
Attached is PPST2.01.cab Please use that file as a replacement for lllboredlll_VZW_GPS_Fix_v2.cab

This will make it possible to still unlock the GPS without flashing the full updated ROM

1. download lllboredlll_VZW_GPS_Fix_v2.cab your storage card or any folder
2. NOW install lllboredlll_VZW_GPS_Fix_v2.cab
3. use gsfinder,total commander or File Explorer to navigate to \windows\ppst.exe (EVERYONE MUST COMPLETE THIS STEP FOR THE FIX TO TAKE AFFECT)
4. reset your device as needed
5. Dial *228 option 1
(the above step is the steps I did, option 2 also works but I needed to prove it takes a full update without rewriting data)
16. reset your device
7. Install HTC GPS Tool if needed
8. I would suggest a soft reset... do what you want on this one
9. Open up HTC GPS Tool. Set Chip to Q 7500 and mode to Cold Start (left soft key for those who dont know) then set baud to 4800 and open port.

There will be a registry entry made from this install with the GC's AGPS Values for future use or others testing use. Please understand that my device is not capable of AGPS for some reason. When it's figured out the "GPS Fix" will be updated.

Also make sure that your device settings are right.

Settings >> SYSTEM >> External GPS
Programs Tab- GPS Program Port: Com4
Hardware Tab- GPS Hardware Port: None, Baud Rate: 4800
Access Tab- Checkmark on "Manage GPS automatically"

Make sure you turn your location on thru your phone settings. Some ROM's do not have it enabled by default.

If you are having signal problems where you can't program your device after applying the fix. You can try to manually update your PRL to hopefully achieve a better signal so you can program.

Download the 51143.zip from below. Unzip and place onto your storage card or folder on your device.

##775 and send or ##775# depending on your ROM

000000 is the code

Edit PRL - Browse device (should be where ever you put it)

Apply, and the phone will reset.

TO RESTORE YOUR DEVICE DOWNLOAD PPST1.46.CAB
INSTALL
RUN PPST.EXE
REPROGRAM *228

If you are in need of QuickGPS, please view page 60 post 598. Also if you are using the Stock VZW ROM you will need to install the sdkcerts first. Custom ROM do not need the certificates due to them already being implimented into the ROM.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=598

If you take my research and improve on it all I ask is that you atleast give me credit for the discovery. I've spent a ton of hours working with NV files and PRI's.

Hope everyone enjoys.....

Big D5 Edit: Sticky in Main TP Forum

Attached Files
File Type: cab HTC_GPS_Tool_1[1].2.2.11vga.cab (25.9 KB, 6446 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab PPST1.46.CAB (433.5 KB, 4187 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab lllboredlll_VZW_GPS_Fix_v2.CAB (434.5 KB, 6848 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip 51143.zip (3.2 KB, 3160 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab PPST2.01.CAB (434.3 KB, 3606 views) Click for barcode!

Accepted NOT Expected

Last edited by lllboredlll; 10-13-2009 at 02:45 PM.
This post has been thanked 286 times.
Old 12-20-2008, 03:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

gc14 knows their stuffgc14 knows their stuffgc14 knows their stuffgc14 knows their stuffgc14 knows their stuffgc14 knows their stuff
Re: Verizon GPS Fix.....COMING SOON

bored, what prl are you using?
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 12-20-2008, 03:48 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

lllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc14 View Post
bored, what prl are you using?

51143 it's their new one ... I updated today

Works with 51064 aswell. That's what I originally started with.

Last edited by lllboredlll; 12-20-2008 at 04:16 PM.
This post has been thanked 12 times.
Old 12-20-2008, 04:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllboredlll View Post
First and foremost.... This fix is to be considered beta at the present time. I WILL NOT be held responsible for any damage to your device or any charges from you carrier if you happen to be in roaming because of this.

I have successfully unlocked VZW's TP GPS. Please realise I'm still testing and tweaking the PRI to get the last little bugs out.

The lllboredlll VZW GPS Fix cab that is attached is actually Sprint's 1.53_003 PRI that has been modified so VZW users can keep their PRL intact. My device is showing that I am roaming at this present time but when dialing *228 it connects to VZW's network. So I think it's just the PRI settings telling it that. Your PRL (preffered roaming list) is still intact so you really shouldn't be roaming but line 1 of this post still stands.

Here we go

1. download lllboredlll VZW GPS Fix.cab and put on your storage card
2. install cab but don't soft reset after
3. use gsfinder or total commander to navigate to \windows\ppst.exe
4. execute ppst.exe and go thru the prompts.... it will tell you that it failed... that's ok... it's just because it don't contain a prl (my personal trick )
5. reset your device as needed
6. make sure you location is turned on and enjoy

All navigation software might not work so you may need to open the port with HTC GPS tool that I attached. Settings are Q7500 chip 4800 buad and cold start. I don't have AGPS configured because this thing locks in 2 seconds. There is no need for a data connection to assist when the results are that dang fast.

Last but not least.....never be too confident that you know everything about these devices because the idiot (me) just proved some of you wrong

I removed the fix for a short period of time. Please be patient a new file will appear shortly.

Thank you.....
Great job! Quite impressed!

Donations always accepted but never expected!
Old 12-20-2008, 04:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

gc14 knows their stuffgc14 knows their stuffgc14 knows their stuffgc14 knows their stuffgc14 knows their stuffgc14 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllboredlll View Post
51143 it's their new one ... I updated today

Works with 51064 aswell. That's what I originally started with.
You're still getting the roaming triangle?
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-20-2008, 04:40 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

yes, I'm gettin zero'd in on it... wifey keeps distracting me
This post has been thanked 7 times.
Old 12-20-2008, 04:43 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

its the pri causing the roaming. will have to hack the prl.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 12-20-2008, 04:49 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
its the pri causing the roaming. will have to hack the prl.

Ya ... still looking

Last edited by lllboredlll; 12-21-2008 at 01:18 PM.
This post has been thanked 7 times.
Old 12-20-2008, 04:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Re: Verizon GPS Fix.....Phase I

can you send me the sprint pri?

*edit nevermind, got it.

i think i might know how to fix it

Last edited by gc14; 12-20-2008 at 05:25 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-20-2008, 05:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Verizon GPS Fix.....Phase I

Confirmed Working!

GREAT JOB!

Donation on its way!

Edit: Donation Sent and well worth it! Thanks again! Your the man!

EDIT 2: Im using the Juagalo ROM to test. IM sitting in my basement office and picked up 6 sats in about 45 seconds. TO be honest with you thats about as good as my Titan with aGPS turned on and functioning. I was testing using Google maps and the stock Verizon radio.

Last edited by scrosler; 12-20-2008 at 05:59 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro