PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2009, 06:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

kyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 12/25/08 Verizon GPS Fix v2.0

Make sure you follow the directions to a T. also check and make sure Location on is on.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2/ Driod Incredible
Carrier: The red headed stepchild
Threadstarter

lllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation level

Also Google Maps tend to need to be set up manually. Set your Port to 4 and the Baud to 4800

Accepted NOT Expected
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-20-2009, 10:17 PM
Lurker

sherpadude is a n00b

unfortunately I was unable as the ppst.exe file did not exist on my phone (so I had to install this). There seems to be no set of instructions that I saw that fit my exact case. I'm guessing that the assumption is that phone rom has has been flashed with another rom which has this file.

I'm not sure what the "location on" setting is ... perhaps this is my issue.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZW HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

thefiverivers is becoming a great contributor

hey bored. applied your gps fix, and used scotts video and it worked perfectly. i actually didnt have to set up the google gps settings, i left it on the default one (let windows manage it). i used quick gps to dl the sat settings, and then used htc gps tool to get sat locks.

my question is this: how often should i re-download gps info via quick gps, and then how often should i run htc gps tool?

Thanks in advance! having gps is so tight!
Old 02-23-2009, 12:33 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt

kyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefiverivers View Post
hey bored. applied your gps fix, and used scotts video and it worked perfectly. i actually didnt have to set up the google gps settings, i left it on the default one (let windows manage it). i used quick gps to dl the sat settings, and then used htc gps tool to get sat locks.

my question is this: how often should i re-download gps info via quick gps, and then how often should i run htc gps tool?

Thanks in advance! having gps is so tight!
I have QuickGPS set to update everytime I connect to Active Sync and I also have Auto Download when data expires checked. As far as HTC GPS Tool goes I wont be much help as I do not use it.
Old 02-24-2009, 05:15 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

YL Groper is a n00b

Im so confused...

I have a VZW TP that i managed to flash with Mighty Rom 4.11 (Noob). I have a vz nav subscription. Will i be able to get VZ Nav working on my phone with this ROM flashed? and if not, do i simply cancel my nav subsciption?

Please help, ive been googling for hours.
Old 02-24-2009, 05:53 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

lllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation level

VZ nav will still work but this FIX is so that you don't have to have a subscribes service to use Third Party Navigation Software such as TomTom, GarminXT, IGo, Oncourse, GoogleMaps and such.
Old 02-24-2009, 05:59 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

YL Groper is a n00b

Thank you for the reply, i truly apreciate the help...

I cant get vz nav to open now. It took me an hour to find the cab for it and now its saying

"the file "vz navigator" cannot be opened. either it is not signed with a trusted certificate blah blah blah..."

What do i need to do?
Old 02-24-2009, 06:15 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

1. I don't know if mightyrom has the required LBSDriver.dll required for VZ Nav
2. You can try the SDKCerts.cab I have mentioned in post 1 of this thread. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=598 that's the link to the post where the cab is.
3. There are 2 ROM links in my signature block. One is mine which is clean (not for those who like alot in a ROM) It's truely stripped but fast as hell as well. The second is scrosler's ROM. I'd recommend that for VZW users who don't care for mine. You'll find both of those are good for your device. Not knocking MightyRom in anyway but the VZW Touch Pro is gimped bad and requires special attention to get it to it's full potential.

Last edited by lllboredlll; 02-24-2009 at 06:18 AM.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:24 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro XV6850 & Dell Axim X51v

ColdBrew is a n00b

I'm running TomTom v7.910.9185 and I seem to have about a 4-5 second lag when driving down the road. Anyone else notice this? Maybe I should test it with my bluetooth GPS and see if it also shows that lag. And/Or test an older version of TomTom.

BTW thanks a lot bored for the fix!!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro