PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2009, 02:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 12/25/08 Verizon GPS Fix v2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonsnake View Post
Hey, awesome! It worked right away on my stock verizon ROM, just got my phone 2 days ago. Get 7 sats lock in iGuidance v4.0.2. However, it is very laggy, I drive faster than it can update the screen, any thought on that? I normally use bluetooth HOLUX GPSlim240 and in doesnt lag even at 100mph. Is there a way to make internal GPS actually good, is it a software issue, maybe iGuidance isn't compatable? Thanks for your work.
I use TOmTom7.45 and I have no lag what so ever.

I have heard of iguidance lagging on interal GPS. havent used it though.

Donations always accepted but never expected!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-18-2009, 03:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

anonymity is keeping up the good workanonymity is keeping up the good workanonymity is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler View Post
I use TOmTom7.45 and I have no lag what so ever.

I have heard of iguidance lagging on interal GPS. havent used it though.
How did you get TomTom 7.45 to work? Where'd you get it? I've tried Garmin but the MapSource utility didn't seem to want to recognize my device.

Last edited by anonymity; 01-18-2009 at 03:50 PM.
Old 01-18-2009, 05:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymity View Post
How did you get TomTom 7.45 to work?
Searched for it.... Google is your friend ;c)
Old 01-18-2009, 08:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

anonymity is keeping up the good workanonymity is keeping up the good workanonymity is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler View Post
Searched for it.... Google is your friend ;c)
C'mon, I may be new to this forum but I'm no stranger to Google. I have searched. Apparently, I didn't put in the correct search terms if you are able to find it and I'm not. If you could point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated. I was able to download and install it once but was unable to load any maps for North America or voices. I'm not trying to be lazy about this, I've put in some legwork trying to find it and get it to work.
Old 01-19-2009, 12:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6850
Carrier: Verizon

kyppcgeek is keeping up the good workkyppcgeek is keeping up the good work

My VZ TP says hardware version 2.0
Not sure if that is important.

I am running a flash of the ppcgeeks kitchen 20931 and ran the v2 patch and ran ppst.exe, etc as specified.

when I run the HTC GPS tester it bounces from 66 to 31 back and forth. I have never yet gotten it to lock, even standing outside. FYI my Titan works just fine and locks GPS.

Is this an issue with the kitchen?
Old 01-19-2009, 12:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6850

kyppcgeek is keeping up the good workkyppcgeek is keeping up the good work

Oh.. and I installed Bored's Quick GPS.
It says expired and even with a data connection enabled, it won't update.

It says connection failed.
Old 01-19-2009, 12:42 AM
VIP Member

kyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymity View Post
How did you get TomTom 7.45 to work? Where'd you get it? I've tried Garmin but the MapSource utility didn't seem to want to recognize my device.
Hmm I didnt have a problem installing my MapSource. Give me a PM and I might be able to help you out.
Old 01-19-2009, 02:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

FormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Hey, awesome! It worked right away on my stock verizon ROM, just got my phone 2 days ago. Get 7 sats lock in iGuidance v4.0.2. However, it is very laggy, I drive faster than it can update the screen, any thought on that? I normally use bluetooth HOLUX GPSlim240 and in doesnt lag even at 100mph. Is there a way to make internal GPS actually good, is it a software issue, maybe iGuidance isn't compatable? Thanks for your work.
There is some native lag - about 750-1000 ms for the GPS to calculate your position and report it to the application. Seems to be a hardware limitation (i.e. we're stuck with it). Anything above that is OS - get yourself a faster ROM (www.scottcrosler.com) - it's easy. That said, I assume that the better GPS programs (Garmin, Tom Tom) are aware of this (all devices have some lag, but most dedicated devices have less lag than this phone). They probably anticipate the lag to display your position accordingly. After all, they know how fast you are going and the direction - it's not too difficult to calculate out the lag.

Last edited by FormerPalmOS; 01-20-2009 at 07:19 PM.
Old 01-20-2009, 12:09 AM
Lurker

demonsnake is a n00b

Hey thanks, when I say I use HOLUX GPSlim240, it's not a standalone GPS, it's just a GPS antenna for my Touch Pro or any bluetooth enabled PC/PPC. Paired with my phone and iGuidance (btw a very good program with TTS) I have ony a native few millisecond lag. Now when I use iGuidance with built-in GPS, I get a good minute lag, if not more.
Old 01-20-2009, 12:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker

FormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Hey thanks, when I say I use HOLUX GPSlim240, it's not a standalone GPS, it's just a GPS antenna for my Touch Pro or any bluetooth enabled PC/PPC. Paired with my phone and iGuidance (btw a very good program with TTS) I have ony a native few millisecond lag. Now when I use iGuidance with built-in GPS, I get a good minute lag, if not more.
The Holux unit is a receiver - it does one thing and does it well - it calculates your position really fast. Much faster than the phone, for which GPS is an FCC-mandated cheap-as-possible necessary evil.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro