PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2009, 03:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6900
Carrier: Verizon

trkadct is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 12/25/08 Verizon GPS Fix v2.0

I just looked on HTC's website, apparently this phone does not have an internal GPS antenna. Does your mod use the cell towers like the first generation iPhones? Sorry, I am completely new to phone modding, under device informatino it says PRI version: 1.46_002 Thanks for all the help!
Old 01-07-2009, 04:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2/ Driod Incredible
Carrier: The red headed stepchild
Threadstarter

lllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation level

I though the 6900 did have GPS. I may be wrong though. The PRI version you are seeing is my PRI.

No, it's true GPS provided thru a Qualcomm GPSone chipset.

Accepted NOT Expected
Old 01-07-2009, 04:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6900
Carrier: Verizon

trkadct is a n00b

Oh well, thanks anyways. Guess it is time to reset the phone back to factory.
Old 01-07-2009, 04:09 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

lllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation level

I'll do some research when I get home
Old 01-07-2009, 06:19 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by trkadct View Post
Oh well, thanks anyways. Guess it is time to reset the phone back to factory.
ok I knew I wasn't out of my mind thinking the touch could be gps capable. Normally I wouldn't go to this extent to assist on a device I know very little about but I had to make sure I wasn't off my rocker.

First off....always make sure you are in the right forum for your device. I can't stress that enough.

Secondly..... this is a nice little disclaimer I think you should read before going any further. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=26082

How to unlock your device so you can upgrade.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=20370

ROM and Radio to make thing easy aswell as get an awesome package
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=47174

After doing those steps you will have GPS.

If you are not willing to read atleast the first post of those threads in its entirety I would highly recommend that you unplug your device and step away from the computer. Self-inflicted problems are the hardest to fix.

Last edited by lllboredlll; 01-07-2009 at 06:23 PM.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:25 AM
Oldguy
Pocket PC: Moto DROID
Carrier: vzw

nuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuff

I am confused, are you saing this samee pri and the rest of the fix works on both the vz6800 & the vz6850???

Or is this only for the 6850?

I do realise that the quickGPS is ok either way, it's the rest that caught me off guard.
Old 01-08-2009, 08:15 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuguy View Post
I am confused, are you saing this samee pri and the rest of the fix works on both the vz6800 & the vz6850???

Or is this only for the 6850?

I do realise that the quickGPS is ok either way, it's the rest that caught me off guard.

6850 only
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-08-2009, 08:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP
Carrier: Bell

planoleg is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllboredlll View Post
You need to do over the air programming. I'm not sure how that's done with bell.

One question though, did my fix unlock the GPS on your device?
I don't think it was ever locked, by it did take away the lag.
Old 01-08-2009, 03:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

anonymity is keeping up the good workanonymity is keeping up the good workanonymity is keeping up the good work

I don't know if it's just something I'm not doing correctly or what but I've been through page after page of this thread and I think I'm just getting more confused. As of right now, I've followed every step outlined in post 1 on this thread. It seems the more I read, the less I actually understand about what is supposed to be happening.

Here's what I have so far:
It's an VZW HTC Touch Pro 6850
Model No.: RAPH500
ROM Version: 1.03.605.4 (Stock VZW ROM)
Radio Version: 1.03.03V
PRL Version: 51064
PRI Version: 1.46_002

Like I said, I've followed the steps in post 1 and I'm not getting any satellites, not in Google Maps, not in VZ Nav and not in HTC GPS Tool. Am I missing something?
Old 01-08-2009, 03:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllboredlll View Post
I though the 6900 did have GPS. I may be wrong though. The PRI version you are seeing is my PRI.

No, it's true GPS provided thru a Qualcomm GPSone chipset.
It does.

Hey bored have you tried older drivers for this chipset? For example, the drivers for th titan or Vogue? I know there is a variance in the model but not sure to what extent? Just curious.

Donations always accepted but never expected!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro