PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2009, 08:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO!!!
Carrier: Sprint

RONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 12/25/08 Verizon GPS Fix v2.0

I posted the below over at Scott's VZNAV 3.0 Final thread. Thought it made sense to post here as well.

I live in Brookly NY and had lots of problems getting lock with the GPS before using the QuickGPS. I would see lots of sats but would take FOREVER to lock on ANY of them (sometimes 5-7 minutes) and once locked, all was good in the world.

Once I flashed to this ROM yesterday I turned my location on in the phone settings, launched QuickGPS and let it update and then launched HTC GPS Tool while walking from my house to the train station yesterday morning and WHAM! in under 30 seconds I used and locked on 9 sats.

To test this out again, today after getting off the train coming home from work, I whipped out my handy dandy VZW TP and launched HTC GPS Tool (I have not updated the QuickGPS utility since yesterday morning) and clicked OPen Port and WHAM! in less than 10 seconds I was locked onto 8 sats!

I also remember there was some question about the GPS working without the any other radio being active so I closed the GPS port, shut the phone radio, shut the BT radio, made sure WIFI radio was off and launched HTC GPS Tool and opened the port and WHAM! locked on 5 sats in less than 10 seconds. So I guess that confirms that the GPS is truly running on its own without any live assistance other than the stored almanac that is created by QuickGPS.

WOOHOO! Long live SCOTT and |||BORED|||

THey have made a phone that I was starting to doubt because of the lack of RAM and locked GPS and made it as great as it can be and I am sure Scott is not done if the ROM production for the TITAN is any indication (R4R was a sweet ROM).

But I have to confess, the extra RAM is still overshadowing this phone.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2/ Driod Incredible
Carrier: The red headed stepchild
Threadstarter

lllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation level

I'd agree with the RAM comment but.....mine is soooooo fast at 74mb free I dont know if I would be able to tell if I had 150 free.

Accepted NOT Expected
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-07-2009, 12:48 AM
EWT
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

EWT is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllboredlll View Post
after you install my cab you have to navigate to windows/PPST.exe and execute that... then it will soft reset once it's done.... once rebooted setup your device and all should work fine
Thanks, that fixed it for me too. I could not get it to work even after turning on VZW Navigator to prime it and couldn't figure out why.

I had not done that step because of the instruction to:

"FOR NEW USERS WHO HAVE NOT APPLIED THE PHASE I FIX BEFORE:
SKIP DOWNLOADING PPST1.46.CAB IN STEP ONE "

I thought that meant that using PPST wasn't required if you had not previously done Phase I. Running through the instructions again using PPST got it up and running. Very cool to have Live Search and Google Maps with GPS enabled.
Old 01-07-2009, 09:04 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

lllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWT View Post
Thanks, that fixed it for me too. I could not get it to work even after turning on VZW Navigator to prime it and couldn't figure out why.

I had not done that step because of the instruction to:

"FOR NEW USERS WHO HAVE NOT APPLIED THE PHASE I FIX BEFORE:
SKIP DOWNLOADING PPST1.46.CAB IN STEP ONE "

I thought that meant that using PPST wasn't required if you had not previously done Phase I. Running through the instructions again using PPST got it up and running. Very cool to have Live Search and Google Maps with GPS enabled.

Glad to see you got it fixed. I'll try to update post 1 to make it a little more clear.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-07-2009, 02:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6900

trkadct is a n00b

I keep getting a "SetCommMask failed..." message when I press open port in HTC GPS Tool. Any ideas?
Old 01-07-2009, 02:59 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by trkadct View Post
I keep getting a "SetCommMask failed..." message when I press open port in HTC GPS Tool. Any ideas?
That would normally be the result of having the wrong GPS Driver. What ROM are you running?
Old 01-07-2009, 03:04 PM
Lurker

trkadct is a n00b

Under device information it says ROM version: 1.15.605.14
Old 01-07-2009, 03:23 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Is your device a Verizon Touch Pro?
Old 01-07-2009, 03:27 PM
Lurker

trkadct is a n00b

It is the Verizon XV6900 / HTC Touch
Old 01-07-2009, 03:36 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

This fix was not authored for your device. Get me a copy of your PRI and I will see what I can do with it. Since it has the basic setup as the Titan and Touch Pro it should be fairly easy for me to modify.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro