PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2009, 10:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2/ Driod Incredible
Carrier: The red headed stepchild
Threadstarter

lllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 12/25/08 Verizon GPS Fix v2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle4269 View Post
Hey bored, Any headway on the aGPS?

Ya...it sucks decoding files

Accepted NOT Expected
Old 01-01-2009, 11:12 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Verizon Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

oldman is halfway to VIP status based on repoldman is halfway to VIP status based on repoldman is halfway to VIP status based on repoldman is halfway to VIP status based on repoldman is halfway to VIP status based on repoldman is halfway to VIP status based on repoldman is halfway to VIP status based on repoldman is halfway to VIP status based on repoldman is halfway to VIP status based on repoldman is halfway to VIP status based on repoldman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Hi Bored,
I know this is a little off topic here, but I was just wondering if, in you file searches about Verizon GPS, you happened to stumble on anything related to a 2nd camera (basically a webcam or video conference cam) that should be located just above the display....I know that the HTC specs call for it, but I don't know if Vz omitted it.....

Thanks,
Bob
Old 01-01-2009, 11:19 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Verivon 6700, Verizon Touch Pro

MrNaPaLm32 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
Hi Bored,
I know this is a little off topic here, but I was just wondering if, in you file searches about Verizon GPS, you happened to stumble on anything related to a 2nd camera (basically a webcam or video conference cam) that should be located just above the display....I know that the HTC specs call for it, but I don't know if Vz omitted it.....

Thanks,
Bob
the camera physically isn't there, why would you want the code?

by the way, what language is the PRI written in?

Last edited by MrNaPaLm32; 01-02-2009 at 12:07 AM.
Old 01-02-2009, 12:49 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Verizon Touch Pro 2

oldman is halfway to VIP status based on repoldman is halfway to VIP status based on repoldman is halfway to VIP status based on repoldman is halfway to VIP status based on repoldman is halfway to VIP status based on repoldman is halfway to VIP status based on repoldman is halfway to VIP status based on repoldman is halfway to VIP status based on repoldman is halfway to VIP status based on repoldman is halfway to VIP status based on repoldman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNaPaLm32 View Post
the camera physically isn't there, why would you want the code?

by the way, what language is the PRI written in?
I was hoping that the camera was there, but just disabled, like they did with the GPS SIRF Chip. Looking at the screen, it sure looks like it is there, to the left of the speaker. Something is there, but I can't tell what it is.

I don't know anything about the PRI language....I rely on smarter people here for that

Last edited by oldman; 01-02-2009 at 03:35 PM.
Old 01-02-2009, 01:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

FormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllboredlll View Post
First off....I don't need a lesson in registry construction... secondly this thread isnt about QuickGPS or registry issues with applications... thirdly I told you it was most likely your ROM... if it isnt that then you got the wrong copy of QuickGPS....last but not least....long involved posts don't make you an expert... so please stop trying to glorify yourself by doing so... there are 53 pages of post in this thread and it's getting hard for people to dig information out due to this.... if you're not posting about how to get the GPS Fix to work or posting about having issues/success ... then you are most likely in the wrong thread
Two offended users in one thread in a matter of two days...

I would not presume to educate you on the WM6 security model or registry. The post was in response to failing to get QuickGPS to work on my device and why. I proposed that QuickGPS does nothing for the driver on this particular phone. Dimitri countered so I decided to try it but failed. I posted what I tried in case someone else in a similar situation wants to try. I wrote a "long self-glorifying post" so that someone less experienced who may try didn't have to go looking for some basic info.

Point taken on long posts in long threads.

Personally, it's not worth the effort to pursue the QuickGPS problem, but if someone else with a stock ROM gets it to work I'll try again.

Your PRI is working for me, and I assume that if you crack the aGPS challenge then that will render the QuickGPS discussion moot anyway.
Old 01-02-2009, 01:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

mikeo1313 is just getting started

I'm on a stock rom, never even hard spl'd and doing just great... slammin
Old 01-02-2009, 02:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Maverick0984 is keeping up the good workMaverick0984 is keeping up the good work

I still can't even manage to find Quick GPS, I'm running the stock rom with no intent to flash.
Old 01-02-2009, 03:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2-happy to see not crippled

froader knows their stufffroader knows their stufffroader knows their stufffroader knows their stufffroader knows their stufffroader knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllboredlll View Post
Did you reprogram so you could get the most current system info and PRL?
I should have mentioned that in my 1st post. No, i didn't run programming. Alternatively I reapplied your PRL and the roaming triangle stays?? Everything is working though which is why it seemed strange.
Old 01-02-2009, 08:37 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2/ Driod Incredible
Carrier: The red headed stepchild
Threadstarter

lllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation level

try dialing *22899... when my fix is first applied you will showing that your roaming until you program....
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-02-2009, 09:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: VZW

superdupe is a n00b

Hi bored,
I just posted this for Scott in his thread... He replied that i should ask you about the implications... What do you think?

"hi scott
great work with all of this... i've been using your 2.0 rom on both of my verizonized sprint phones for about two weeks... they are working great! i have a question though... i want to try your latest either the 3.0 beta or the stable 2.2... which should i go for? is the beta 4 going to be released soon? do you see any issues i might have on my sprint version with the bored fix now fully integrated? in the 2.0 rom i just didn't enable the fix after flashing and of course the gps is already unlocked... i will say that i do notice a very slow startup for the gps part of the phone although when it does get going it works fine... i haven't done anything to modify it... do you think the bored fix will improve things on the sprint phone? i'm not exactly sure what it does but figure it has something to do with the assisted gps functions... anyway, thx again and sorry to bug..."

phill

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro