View Single Post
Old 01-02-2009, 01:22 AM
FormerPalmOS
Regular 'Geeker

FormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 12/25/08 Verizon GPS Fix v2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllboredlll View Post
First off....I don't need a lesson in registry construction... secondly this thread isnt about QuickGPS or registry issues with applications... thirdly I told you it was most likely your ROM... if it isnt that then you got the wrong copy of QuickGPS....last but not least....long involved posts don't make you an expert... so please stop trying to glorify yourself by doing so... there are 53 pages of post in this thread and it's getting hard for people to dig information out due to this.... if you're not posting about how to get the GPS Fix to work or posting about having issues/success ... then you are most likely in the wrong thread
Two offended users in one thread in a matter of two days...

I would not presume to educate you on the WM6 security model or registry. The post was in response to failing to get QuickGPS to work on my device and why. I proposed that QuickGPS does nothing for the driver on this particular phone. Dimitri countered so I decided to try it but failed. I posted what I tried in case someone else in a similar situation wants to try. I wrote a "long self-glorifying post" so that someone less experienced who may try didn't have to go looking for some basic info.

Point taken on long posts in long threads.

Personally, it's not worth the effort to pursue the QuickGPS problem, but if someone else with a stock ROM gets it to work I'll try again.

Your PRI is working for me, and I assume that if you crack the aGPS challenge then that will render the QuickGPS discussion moot anyway.