PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2008, 05:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon GPS Fix.....Phase I

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnjcook View Post
Do you do donations through paypal? How are donations done?
Both llllboredllll and I take donations through pay pal. They are certainly not required to use our work but they sure are a great way to show your appreciation ;c)

Bored's link is in his first post twoards the bottom. My link is on my website underneath the ROM pictures. www.scottcrosler.com then click the picture of the XV6850 and on the bootom you will see link.

Thanks!

Donations always accepted but never expected!
Old 12-21-2008, 05:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Fascinate
Carrier: Verizon

Kalnel is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

All -- Has anyone who is already subscribing to VZWNav tried this? I'm just curious if there's a performance/tweaking difference for those who are/aren't already subscribers.

Thanks!
Old 12-21-2008, 05:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

bnjcook is a n00b

Until Bored fixes the link can someone else who downloaded the QPST file just re-post it from their ftp site of choice?
Old 12-21-2008, 06:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

gc14 knows their stuffgc14 knows their stuffgc14 knows their stuffgc14 knows their stuffgc14 knows their stuffgc14 knows their stuff

Ok I've read through a bunch of these posts and things need to be clarified.

1. As long as you're using a Verizon PRL, you are not roaming. Even if it says Sprint as your banner, you are not connected to Sprint in any way. All it is, is just that, a banner. It's set by PPST when you update the PRI. You can change it to whatever you'd like via service programming in QPST. There's a temporary registry key that gets reset after every soft reset also that controls the banner (hence why the Personalizer app uses a mortscript that gets placed in \Windows\Startup). You don't have to worry about roaming charges or being affiliated with Sprint.

2. You are not using aGPS whatsoever unless you program your device to use it in QPST and then set the appropriate registry keys. These registry keys are not set for you on any stock rom. I'm not sure if scrosler's rom sets these keys for you as I have not used it, though my carrier cab does when you install it after flashing my rom. Again, you need these reg keys AND your device programmed correctly in QPST to use Verizon's PDE server (aGPS).
Old 12-21-2008, 06:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon HTC Touch Pro

gianturcom is a n00b
Re: Non Stock ROM Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1900 View Post
I noticed using regedit that the 'Location On' Reg entry was set to a 1 rather than a 0 as shown below.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\OEM\PhoneSetting\Locat ionSetting]
"ServiceDescExt"="but will not hide your general location based on the cell site serving your call. No application or service may use your location without your request or permission. GPS enhanced 911 is not available in all areas."
"ServiceDesc"="Turning location on will allow the network to detect your position using GPS technology, making some Sprint PCS applications and services easier to use. Turning location off will disable the GPS location function for all purposes except 911,"
"ItemMessageDesc2"=""
"ItemValue2"=dword:00000003
"ItemName2"="OFF"
"ItemMessageDesc1"=""
"ItemValue1"=dword:00000000
"ItemName1"="ON"
"ItemCount"=dword:00000002
"ServiceTitle"="Phone: Location Setting"
"ServiceName"="Location Setting"
After changing

"ItemValue1"=dword:0000001
to
"ItemValue1"=dword:0000000
I made the registry change as described here on the NexVision ROM and it works!!!!!!! Fantastic! Thanks again, this is awesome!
Old 12-21-2008, 06:37 PM
Lurker

michael.hersman is a n00b

I finally got it to work using Scott's ROM. Hells Yeah!!!! I remember reading someone asked if any VZ Navigator subscribers have gotten it to work. I currently am subscribed and it is working. I am about to cancel the subscription and see if it still works.

Both Scott and Bored rock!!!

EDIT:
I went online and canceled my VZ Navigator subscription and Google Maps and Live Search both still work. I opened up VZ Navigator to check the subscription and it would not allow me to connect. Looks like the fix works great!!!

Last edited by michael.hersman; 12-21-2008 at 06:57 PM.
Old 12-21-2008, 06:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (VZW)

FrozenIpaq is becoming a great contributor

I was able to get some satellite fixes last night but am unable to get any this morning. I'll try again tomorrow but this is just being a huge pain in the butt for me right now.

I'm using the stock ROM with this fix and am able to find a few satellites but none actually get fixed. Tried when I was on the road today and no success their either. It's annoying how for me it's hit and miss (last night it worked, today it's not).
Old 12-21-2008, 06:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2/ Driod Incredible
Carrier: The red headed stepchild
Threadstarter

lllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc14 View Post
Ok I've read through a bunch of these posts and things need to be clarified.

1. As long as you're using a Verizon PRL, you are not roaming. Even if it says Sprint as your banner, you are not connected to Sprint in any way. All it is, is just that, a banner. It's set by PPST when you update the PRI. You can change it to whatever you'd like via service programming in QPST. There's a temporary registry key that gets reset after every soft reset also that controls the banner (hence why the Personalizer app uses a mortscript that gets placed in \Windows\Startup). You don't have to worry about roaming charges or being affiliated with Sprint.

2. You are not using aGPS whatsoever unless you program your device to use it in QPST and then set the appropriate registry keys. These registry keys are not set for you on any stock rom. I'm not sure if scrosler's rom sets these keys for you as I have not used it, though my carrier cab does when you install it after flashing my rom. Again, you need these reg keys AND your device programmed correctly in QPST to use Verizon's PDE server (aGPS).

Thank you.....

Accepted NOT Expected
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-21-2008, 06:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

gc14 knows their stuffgc14 knows their stuffgc14 knows their stuffgc14 knows their stuffgc14 knows their stuffgc14 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenIpaq View Post
I was able to get some satellite fixes last night but am unable to get any this morning. I'll try again tomorrow but this is just being a huge pain in the butt for me right now.

I'm using the stock ROM with this fix and am able to find a few satellites but none actually get fixed. Tried when I was on the road today and no success their either. It's annoying how for me it's hit and miss (last night it worked, today it's not).
You most likely need to program your device to use aGPS as like I said, the stock rom doesn't do for you.

---------------------------------
HTC Titan - Retired
HTC Apache - Retired

---------------------------------
GC's Touch Pro ROMs & Kitchen
GC Java Pack for Windows Mobile
Verizon GPS/aGPS Tutorial
If you're pleased with me or my work...leave me a donation
Old 12-21-2008, 06:56 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt

kyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenIpaq View Post

I have this same problem..Last night it worked great everytime i loaded up tomtom, took maybe 30seconds @ most to lock on...Today it wasnt able to lock.. But after letting the gps tool run for a few, its been working fine..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro