View Single Post
Old 12-21-2008, 06:50 PM
lllboredlll
VIP Member
Threadstarter

lllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon GPS Fix.....Phase I

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc14 View Post
Ok I've read through a bunch of these posts and things need to be clarified.

1. As long as you're using a Verizon PRL, you are not roaming. Even if it says Sprint as your banner, you are not connected to Sprint in any way. All it is, is just that, a banner. It's set by PPST when you update the PRI. You can change it to whatever you'd like via service programming in QPST. There's a temporary registry key that gets reset after every soft reset also that controls the banner (hence why the Personalizer app uses a mortscript that gets placed in \Windows\Startup). You don't have to worry about roaming charges or being affiliated with Sprint.

2. You are not using aGPS whatsoever unless you program your device to use it in QPST and then set the appropriate registry keys. These registry keys are not set for you on any stock rom. I'm not sure if scrosler's rom sets these keys for you as I have not used it, though my carrier cab does when you install it after flashing my rom. Again, you need these reg keys AND your device programmed correctly in QPST to use Verizon's PDE server (aGPS).

Thank you.....

Accepted NOT Expected
This post has been thanked 2 times.